Author Topic: Daily Scripture  (Read 7230 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Daily Scripture
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2020, 07:17:40 AM »

Saturday, February 22

Our eyes look to Jehovah our God until he shows us favor.?—Ps. 123:2.

If we keep our figurative eyes focused on Jehovah, we will not allow the actions of others to embitter us or damage our relationship with him. This is especially important if, like Moses, we have a measure of responsibility in God’s organization. While it is true that each of us needs to ‘keep working out his own salvation with fear and trembling,’ we must remember that Jehovah does not have one rigid, inflexible standard by which he judges us. (Phil. 2:12) Rather, the more responsibility we have, the greater our accountability. (Luke 12:48) But if we truly love Jehovah, nothing will stumble us or separate us from his love. (Ps. 119:165; Rom. 8:37-39) In these challenging times, may our eyes be raised continually to the One who is “enthroned in the heavens,” so that we can perceive his will. (Ps. 123:1) May we never allow our relationship with Jehovah to be negatively affected by the actions of others.

Psalm 123:2
As the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master,

And the eyes of a servant girl to the hand of her mistress,

So our eyes look to Jehovah our God+

Until he shows us favor.+

Philippians 2:12
Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Luke 12:48
But the one who did not understand and yet did things deserving of strokes will be beaten with few. Indeed, everyone to whom much was given, much will be demanded of him, and the one who was put in charge of much will have more than usual demanded of him.+

Psalm 119:165
Abundant peace belongs to those who love your law;+

Nothing can make them stumble.*

Romans 8:37-39
On the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victorious+ through the one who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers+ 39 nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God�s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Psalm 123:1
To you I raise my eyes,+

You who are enthroned in the heavens.
thanks Guest for reading my post

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #181 on: February 23, 2020, 07:27:45 AM »

Sunday, February 23

Let your light shine before men, so that they may . . . give glory to your Father.?—Matt. 5:16.

How thrilling it is to hear of increases that Jehovah’s people are experiencing! In 2017 we regularly conducted over 10,000,000 Bible studies. This certainly indicates that God’s servants are letting their light shine! And think of the millions of interested ones whom we welcomed at the Memorial. They could thus learn of the love that God expressed when he provided the ransom. (1 John 4:9) Worldwide, Jehovah’s people speak many different languages. However, this does not prevent us from offering united praise to our Father, Jehovah. (Rev. 7:9) No matter what our mother tongue is or where we live, we can shine “as illuminators in the world.” (Phil. 2:15) The increase we observe, the unity we enjoy, and the watchful attitude that we strive to maintain all contribute to our bringing glory to Jehovah.

Matthew 5:16
Likewise, let your light shine before men,+ so that they may see your fine works+ and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens.+

1 John 4:9
By this the love of God was revealed in our case, that God sent his only-begotten Son+ into the world so that we might gain life through him.+

Revelation 7:9
After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues,*+ standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes;+ and there were palm branches in their hands.+

Philippians 2:15
so that you may come to be blameless and innocent, children of God+ without a blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation,+ among whom you are shining as illuminators in the world,+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2020, 06:50:10 AM »

Monday, February 24

Rabbi, eat.​—John 4:31.

Jesus’ reply indicated that he was so absorbed in the spiritual discussion that his hunger could be ignored. Preaching​—even to a Samaritan woman—​was the will of his Father, and it was like food for him. (John 4:32-34) James and John did not grasp this lesson. When journeying with Jesus through Samaria, the disciples sought overnight lodging in a Samaritan village. The Samaritans refused to receive them, so James and John angrily suggested calling down fire from heaven to destroy the entire village. Jesus firmly rebuked them. (Luke 9:51-56) We may wonder if James and John would have reacted the same way if the inhospitable village had been in their home region of Galilee. It seems likely that prejudice had kindled their animosity. It could be that the apostle John felt embarrassed about his rash outburst when he later enjoyed a successful preaching campaign among the Samaritans.​—Acts 8:14, 25.

John 4:31
Meanwhile, the disciples were urging him: �Rabbi,+ eat.�

John 4:32-34
But he said to them: �I have food to eat that you do not know about.� 33 So the disciples said to one another: �No one brought him anything to eat, did he?� 34 Jesus said to them: �My food is to do the will of him who sent me+ and to finish his work.+

Luke 9:51-56
As the days were drawing near* for him to be taken up,+ he resolutely set his face to go to Jerusalem.+ 52 So he sent messengers ahead of him. And they went and entered a village of Sa�mar'i�tans to make preparations for him. 53 But they did not receive him,+ because he was determined to go to Jerusalem. 54 When the disciples James and John+ saw this, they said: �Lord,* do you want us to call fire down from heaven and annihilate them?�+ 55 But he turned and rebuked them. 56 So they went to a different village.

Acts 8:14
When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that Sa�mar'i�a had accepted the word of God,+ they sent Peter and John to them;

Acts 8:25
Therefore, when they had given the witness thoroughly and had spoken the word of Jehovah, they started back toward Jerusalem, and they went declaring the good news to many villages of the Sa�mar'i�tans.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2020, 07:19:09 AM »

Friday, February 28

The plans of the diligent surely lead to success.​—Prov. 21:5.

Adolescents have to make decisions about education, employment, and other matters. If you know what your goals are, making good decisions becomes easier. The earlier you make plans by setting good goals, the sooner you will have success. Thousands of young ones in congregations all over the world deserve warm praise. They commit themselves to Jehovah and focus their lives on theocratic goals. Such young people enjoy life to the full while at the same time learning to follow Jehovah’s guidance in all endeavors. This also includes family life. “Trust in Jehovah with all your heart,” wrote Solomon. “In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Prov. 3:5, 6) Youths in the Christian congregation are precious in the eyes of Jehovah, who loves them dearly and gives them his protection, guidance, and blessing.

Proverbs 21:5
The plans of the diligent surely lead to success,*+

But all who are hasty surely head for poverty.+

Proverbs 3:5, 6
Trust in Jehovah+ with all your heart,

And do not rely* on your own understanding.+

6 In all your ways take notice of him,+

And he will make your paths straight.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2020, 07:56:31 AM »

Sunday, March 1

You rule over everything.​—1 Chron. 29:12.

When reading the first two chapters of Genesis, we can easily see that Adam and Eve enjoyed the kind of freedom that people today can only hope for​—freedom from want, from fear, and from oppression. The first couple’s life was completely free from worries about food, work, sickness, and death. (Gen. 1:27-29; 2:8, 9, 15) When it comes to freedom, though, a key point for us to bear in mind is that Jehovah God alone has what can be called absolute and unlimited freedom. Why? Because he is the Creator of all things and the almighty Sovereign of the universe. (1 Tim. 1:17; Rev. 4:11) Accordingly, all creatures in heaven and on earth have freedom in only a relative sense. They must recognize that Jehovah God has the ultimate authority to impose what he determines to be just, necessary, and reasonable limits. That, in fact, was what Jehovah God did with his human creation right from the beginning.

1 Chronicles 29:12
The riches and the glory are from you,+ and you rule over everything,+ and in your hand there are power+ and mightiness,+ and your hand is able to make great+ and to give strength to all.+

Genesis 1:27-29
And God went on to create the man in his image, in God�s image he created him; male and female he created them.+ 28 Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: �Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth+ and subdue it,+ and have in subjection+ the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.�

29 Then God said: �Here I have given to you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you.+

Genesis 2:8, 9
Further, Jehovah God planted a garden in E'den,+ toward the east; and there he put the man whom he had formed.+ 9 Thus Jehovah God made to grow out of the ground every tree that was pleasing to look at and good for food and also the tree of life+ in the middle of the garden and the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.+

Genesis 2:15
Jehovah God took the man and settled him in the garden of E'den to cultivate it and to take care of it.+

1 Timothy 1:17
Now to the King of eternity,+ incorruptible,+ invisible,+ the only God,+ be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 4:11
�You are worthy, Jehovah* our God, to receive the glory+ and the honor+ and the power,+ because you created all things,+ and because of your will they came into existence and were created.�

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2020, 07:44:02 AM »

Tuesday, March 3

I have approved you.?—Mark 1:11.

Jehovah’s example in expressing love and approval reminds us to look for opportunities to encourage others. (John 5:20) We blossom when someone we care about shows love to us and commends us for the good we do. Likewise, our brothers and sisters in the congregation and our family members need our love and encouragement. When we commend others, we strengthen their faith and help them to serve Jehovah loyally. Parents especially need to encourage their children. When parents commend their children sincerely and show them affection, they help their children to flourish. The words: “I have approved you” show that Jehovah was confident that Jesus would faithfully carry out his Father’s will. Jehovah has such confidence in his Son, so we can likewise be completely confident that Jesus will faithfully carry out all of Jehovah’s promises. (2 Cor. 1:20) When we consider Jesus’ example, we are even more determined to learn from him and to follow in his footsteps.?—1 Pet. 2:21.

Mark 1:11
And a voice came out of the heavens: �You are my Son, the beloved; I have approved you.�+

John 5:20
For the Father has affection for the Son+ and shows him all the things he himself does, and he will show him works greater than these, so that you may marvel.+

2 Corinthians 1:20
For no matter how many the promises of God are, they have become �yes� by means of him.+ Therefore, also through him is the �Amen� said to God,+ which brings him glory through us.

1 Peter 2:21
In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you,+ leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely.+