Author Topic: Daily Scripture  (Read 5659 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Daily Scripture
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2019, 11:00:01 AM »

Sunday, November 24

Where your treasure is, there your hearts will be also.​—Luke 12:34.

Jehovah is the wealthiest Person in the universe. (1 Chron. 29:11, 12) As a generous Father, he openhandedly shares his spiritual riches with all who discern their excelling value. How grateful we are that Jehovah has given us spiritual treasures, which include (1) God’s Kingdom, (2) our lifesaving ministry, and (3) the precious truths found in his Word! If we are not careful, though, we could lose appreciation for these treasures and, in effect, throw them away. To hold on to them, we must use them well and constantly renew our love for them. Granted, many of us have made life-transforming changes to become subjects of God’s Kingdom. (Rom. 12:2) Even so, our work is not finished. We must remain alert to things that actively compete for our affection, including the desire for material things and any immoral sexual desires.​—Prov. 4:23; Matt. 5:27-29.

Luke 12:34

For where your treasure is, there your hearts will be also.

1 Chronicles 29:11, 12

Yours, O Jehovah, are the greatness+ and the mightiness+ and the beauty and the splendor and the majesty,*+ for everything in the heavens and on the earth is yours.+ Yours is the kingdom, O Jehovah.+ You are the One exalting yourself as head over all. 12 The riches and the glory are from you,+ and you rule over everything,+ and in your hand there are power+ and mightiness,+ and your hand is able to make great+ and to give strength to all.+

Romans 12:2

And stop being molded by this system of things,+ but be transformed by making your mind over,+ so that you may prove to yourselves+ the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Proverbs 4:23

Above all the things that you guard, safeguard your heart,+

For out of it are the sources of life.

Matthew 5:27-29

“You heard that it was said: ‘You must not commit adultery.’+ 28 But I say to you that everyone who keeps on looking at a woman+ so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.+ 29 If, now, your right eye is making you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you.+ For it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be pitched into Ge·hen'na.+
thanks Guest for reading my post

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2019, 10:25:22 AM »

Thursday, December 5

[Job] is an upright man of integrity.​—Job 1:8.

How can we imitate Job’s faith and obedience? No matter what our circumstances may be, let us always keep Jehovah at the center of our lives, trusting him fully and obeying him with a complete heart. Indeed, we have even more reason to do so than Job had! Consider: We know a lot about Satan and his tactics. (2 Cor. 2:11)Thanks in part to the book of Job, we know why God permits suffering. From Daniel’s prophecy, we understand that God’s Kingdom is a world government in the hands of Christ Jesus. (Dan. 7:13, 14) And we know that this Kingdom will soon bring a permanent end to all suffering. Job’s experience also highlights our need to show compassion to fellow Christians who may be enduring hardships. Like Job, some may even speak rashly at times. (Eccl. 7:7) But instead of judging them, let us show insight and compassion. In this way, we imitate our loving and merciful Father, Jehovah.​—Ps. 103:8.

Job 1:8

And Jehovah said to Satan: “Have you taken note of* my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth. He is an upright man of integrity,*+ fearing God and shunning what is bad.”

2 Corinthians 2:11

so that we may not be overreached* by Satan,+ for we are not ignorant of his designs.*+

Daniel 7:13, 14

“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man+ was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days,+ and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership,+ honor,+ and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him.+ His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.+

Ecclesiastes 7:7

But oppression can drive the wise one into madness, and a bribe corrupts the heart.+

Psalm 103:8

Jehovah is merciful and compassionate,*+

Slow to anger and abundant in loyal love.*+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2019, 09:12:02 AM »

Saturday, December 7

They . . . kept earnestly begging us for the privilege of kindly giving.​—2 Cor. 8:4.

We may be asked to make donations for a specific purpose. (Acts 4:34, 35; 1 Cor. 16:2) For example, are there plans to build a new Kingdom Hall that your congregation will use? We may be made aware of financial needs with regard to a convention we are attending or assistance to our brothers after a natural disaster. We also donate to support those caring for the work at world headquarters and at branch offices around the earth. Our donations support missionaries, special pioneers, and those in the circuit work. All of us can have a share in supporting the work that Jehovah is accomplishing in these last days. Most donations are anonymous. We discreetly place funds in the contribution boxes at the Kingdom Hall, or we may make donations online through jw.org. We may feel that our small donations do not mean much. Yet, the majority of donated funds today come from many small gifts rather than from a few large ones.

2 Corinthians 8:4

while they on their own initiative kept earnestly begging us for the privilege of kindly giving, to have a share in the relief ministry for the holy ones.+

Acts 4:34, 35

In fact, no one was in need among them,+ for all those who owned fields or houses would sell them and bring the value of what was sold, 35 and they would deposit it at the feet of the apostles.+ In turn distribution would be made to each one according to his need.+

1 Corinthians 16:2

On the first day of every week, each of you should set something aside according to his own means, so that collections will not take place when I arrive.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2019, 10:33:56 AM »

Sunday, December 8

Baptism . . . is . . . now saving you.?—1 Pet. 3:21.

Baptism is a requirement for Christians, and it is an essential step to gaining salvation. (Matt. 28:19, 20) Your baptism symbolizes your dedication. It is a solemn promise that you made to Jehovah to love him and to put his will above everything else. Putting yourself in Jehovah’s hands is never a wrong move. Consider the alternative! A person who lives apart from Jehovah is under Satan’s rule. The Devil has no interest in your salvation. In fact, he would be happy if you lost out on everlasting life by siding with him in rejecting Jehovah’s sovereignty. In contrast to supporting Satan, consider the blessings you have as a dedicated and baptized Christian. Now that you have given your life to Jehovah, you can say with greater confidence than ever before: “Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” (Ps. 118:6) You could have no greater privilege in life than being on God’s side and having him approve of you.

1 Peter 3:21

Baptism, which corresponds to this, is also now saving you (not by the removing of the filth of the flesh, but by the request to God for a good conscience),+ through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:19, 20

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,+ baptizing them+ in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.+ And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”+

Psalm 118:6

Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid.+

What can man do to me?+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2019, 11:53:29 AM »

Monday, December 9

Do not become upset and turn to doing evil.​—Ps. 37:8.

There will be times when we will be irritated by the words or actions of fellow believers​—or when they will be annoyed by ours. This can be a serious test. As with other tests, Jehovah allows us to prove our integrity by learning to work unitedly with dedicated men and women whom he loves despite their imperfections. That Jehovah does not prevent his servants from being tested is illustrated by the account of Joseph. As a young man, Joseph was sold into slavery by his jealous half brothers and taken to Egypt. (Gen. 37:28) Jehovah saw what was happening and no doubt was grieved to observe the way his friend, righteous Joseph, was being treated. Still, He did not intervene. Later, when Joseph was accused of trying to rape Potiphar’s wife and was thrown into prison, Jehovah still did not step in. But did God ever abandon Joseph? On the contrary: “Jehovah made whatever [Joseph] did successful.”​—Gen. 39:21-23.

Psalm 37:8

Let go of anger and abandon rage;+

Do not become upset and turn to doing evil.*

Genesis 37:28

And when the Mid'i·an·ite+ merchants were passing by, they lifted Joseph up out of the waterpit and sold him to the Ish'ma·el·ites for 20 pieces of silver.+ These men took Joseph into Egypt.

Genesis 39:21-23

But Jehovah continued with Joseph and kept showing loyal love to him and granting him favor in the eyes of the chief officer of the prison.+ 22 So the chief officer of the prison put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners in the prison, and everything that they were doing there, he was the one having it done.+ 23 The chief officer of the prison was looking after absolutely nothing that was in Joseph’s care, for Jehovah was with Joseph and Jehovah made whatever he did successful.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »

Tuesday, December 10

If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up.​—1 Cor. 15:13.

What are the key teachings of your faith? Surely you would stress that Jehovah is the Creator and Life-Giver. You would likely mention your belief in Jesus Christ, who died as a ransom. And you would happily add that an earthly paradise is ahead, where God’s people will live forever. But would you mention the resurrection as one of your most cherished beliefs? We have good reasons to include the resurrection as a key teaching even if we personally hope to survive the great tribulation and live on earth forever. The resurrection is central to our faith. Had Christ not been resurrected, he would not be our ruling King, and our teaching about Christ’s rule would be in vain. (1 Cor. 15:12-19) However, we know that Jesus was resurrected, and we hold firm to our belief in the resurrection.​—Mark 12:18; Acts 4:2, 3; 17:32; 23:6-8.

1 Corinthians 15:13
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

13 If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up.

1 Corinthians 15:12-19

Now if it is being preached that Christ has been raised from the dead,+ how is it that some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead?+ 13 If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up. 14 But if Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and your faith is also in vain. 15 Moreover, we are also found to be false witnesses of God,+ because we have given witness against God by saying that he raised up the Christ,+ whom he did not raise up if the dead are really not to be raised up. 16 For if the dead are not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up. 17 Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins.+ 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in death in union with Christ have perished.+ 19 If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are to be pitied more than anyone.

Mark 12:18

Now the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection,+ came and asked him:+

Acts 4:2, 3

These were annoyed because the apostles were teaching the people and were openly declaring the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.*+ 3 So they seized* them and took them into custody+ until the next day, for it was already evening.

Acts 17:32

Now when they heard of a resurrection of the dead, some began to scoff,+ while others said: “We will hear you again about this.”

Acts 23:6-8

Now Paul, knowing that the one part was made up of Sadducees but the other of Pharisees, cried out in the San'he·drin: “Men, brothers, I am a Pharisee,+ a son of Pharisees. Over the hope of the resurrection of the dead I am being judged.” 7 Because he said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was split. 8 For the Sadducees say that there is neither resurrection nor angel nor spirit, but the Pharisees accept* them all.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2019, 08:14:06 AM »

Saturday, December 14

Are they not all spirits for holy service, sent out to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation?​—Heb. 1:14.

Jehovah of armies still uses his angels to protect and strengthen his people. (Mal. 3:6; Heb. 1:7) Ever since spiritual Israel was released from symbolic captivity to Babylon the Great in 1919, the expansion of true worship has been unstoppable despite relentless opposition. (Rev. 18:4) Because we have angelic protection, we need not fear that Jehovah’s organization might go through another time of spiritual oppression. (Ps. 34:7) Instead, we can be sure that God’s servants worldwide will continue to flourish spiritually. We have a cavalry on our side. At that critical moment during the great tribulation, the angelic soldiers of Jehovah of armies will come together to protect God’s people and destroy those who oppose his sovereignty. (2 Thess. 1:7, 8) What a day that will be!

Hebrews 1:14

Are they not all spirits for holy service,*+ sent out to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation?

Malachi 3:6

“For I am Jehovah; I do not change.*+ And you are sons of Jacob; you have not yet come to your finish.

Hebrews 1:7

Also, he says about the angels: “He makes his angels spirits, and his ministers*+ a flame of fire.”+

Revelation 18:4

And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people,+ if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.+

Psalm 34:7

The angel of Jehovah camps all around those fearing Him,+

And he rescues them.+

2 Thessalonians 1:7, 8

But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus+ from heaven with his powerful angels+ 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2019, 08:46:59 AM »

Tuesday, December 17

They have a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge.?—Rom. 10:2.

When we read directly from God’s Word in the ministry, we are letting Jehovah speak to the householder. A well-chosen scripture will likely be much more powerful than anything we might say. (1 Thess. 2:13) Ask yourself, ‘Do I look for every opportunity to share a portion of God’s Word with those to whom I bring the good news?’ Of course, more is needed than merely reading Bible texts to those we are conversing with. Why? Because many have little or no understanding of the Bible. That was true in the first century, and it is true today. So we should not assume that a person will grasp the point of a verse simply because we read it. We need to take time to isolate portions of the verse?—perhaps rereading key words—?and explain their meaning. Doing so can go a long way in helping the message of God’s Word to reach the mind and heart of our listeners.?—Luke 24:32

Romans 10:2

For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God,+ but not according to accurate knowledge.

1 Thessalonians 2:13

Indeed, that is why we also thank God unceasingly,+ because when you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God, which is also at work in you believers.

Luke 24:32

And they said to each other: “Were not our hearts burning within us as he was speaking to us on the road, as he was fully opening up* the Scriptures to us?”

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2019, 09:38:18 AM »

Wednesday, December 18

Have . . . tender compassion.​—1 Pet. 3:8.

Showing compassion for one’s neighbor and Christian brothers is a basic requirement of those who strive to imitate Jesus. (John 13:34, 35) One meaning of compassion is “to suffer together.” A person who shows compassion is moved to relieve others’ suffering, perhaps by helping them out of their difficulties. Seek opportunities to do so! The sufferings of those struck by disasters move many to manifest compassion. Jehovah’s people are known for coming forward to help in such times of need. (1 Pet. 2:17) One Japanese sister lived in an area that was seriously damaged by the earthquake and tsunami of 2011. She says that she was “very encouraged and comforted” by the efforts of the many volunteers from elsewhere in Japan and from overseas to repair property damage. She writes: “This experience helped me to realize that Jehovah cares. And fellow Witnesses care about one another. Many brothers and sisters all over the world are praying for us.”

1 Peter 3:8

Finally, all of you have unity of mind,*+ fellow feeling, brotherly affection, tender compassion,+ and humility.+

John 13:34, 35

I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you,+ you also love one another.+ 35 By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2019, 08:04:42 AM »

Friday, December 27

The Kingdom of the heavens is like a traveling merchant seeking fine pearls.​—Matt. 13:45.

In Jesus’ illustration, the merchant found a magnificent pearl. But to buy it would mean that he would have to sell everything else that he owned. Can you imagine how precious that pearl was to him? The truth of God’s Kingdom is like that priceless pearl. If we love it as much as the merchant loved that pearl, we will be willing to give up everything in order to become and to remain one of the subjects of the Kingdom. (Mark 10:28-30) Zacchaeus, for example, had become rich by extorting money. (Luke 19:1-9) Yet, when that unrighteous man heard Jesus preach about the Kingdom, he recognized the excelling value of what he was hearing and took immediate action. He exclaimed: “Look! The half of my belongings, Lord, I am giving to the poor, and whatever I extorted from anyone, I am restoring four times over.” He gladly gave up his ill-gotten riches and abandoned his greed for material things.

Matthew 13:45

“Again the Kingdom of the heavens is like a traveling merchant seeking fine pearls.

Mark 10:28-30

Peter began to say to him: “Look! We have left all things and followed you.”+ 29 Jesus said: “Truly I say to you, no one has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for my sake and for the sake of the good news+ 30 who will not get 100 times more now in this period of time*—houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and fields, with persecutions+—and in the coming system of things, everlasting life.

Luke 19:1-9

He then entered Jer'i·cho and was passing through. 2 Now a man named Zac·chae'us was there; he was a chief tax collector, and he was rich. 3 Well, he was trying to see who this Jesus was, but he could not see because of the crowd, since he was short. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree* in order to see him, for he was about to pass that way. 5 Now when Jesus got to the place, he looked up and said to him: “Zac·chae'us, hurry and get down, for today I must stay in your house.” 6 With that he hurried down and joyfully welcomed him as a guest. 7 When they saw this, they were all muttering: “He went as a guest to the house of a man who is a sinner.”+ 8 But Zac·chae'us stood up and said to the Lord: “Look! The half of my belongings, Lord, I am giving to the poor, and whatever I extorted from anyone, I am restoring four times over.”+ 9 At this Jesus said to him: “Today salvation has come to this house, because he too is a son of Abraham.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2019, 09:00:03 AM »

Saturday, December 28

No greater joy do I have than this: that I should hear that my children go on walking in the truth.​—3 John 4.

Those whom parents choose to help their children should always build up the young ones’ respect for their parents, speaking positively about them, not taking over their responsibility. Moreover, those who help should avoid any conduct that could be misinterpreted by some inside or outside the congregation as morally questionable. (1 Pet. 2:12) Parents must not merely turn their children over to others for spiritual training. They must monitor the help given by companions and continue to teach their children themselves. Parents, pray to Jehovah for help, and try your best. (2 Chron. 15:7) Put your child’s friendship with Jehovah ahead of your own interests. Do whatever you can to ensure that God’s Word reaches your child’s heart. Never stop believing that your child can become a fine servant of Jehovah.

3 John 4

No greater joy* do I have than this: that I should hear that my children go on walking in the truth.+

1 Peter 2:12

Maintain your conduct fine among the nations,+ so that when they accuse you of being wrongdoers, they may be eyewitnesses of your fine works+ and, as a result, glorify God in the day of his inspection.

2 Chronicles 15:7

But you, be strong and do not become discouraged,*+ for your activity will be rewarded.”

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #161 on: January 01, 2020, 09:02:23 AM »

Wednesday, January 1

Moses was by far the meekest of all the men on the face of the earth.?—Num. 12:3.

When Moses was a member of the Egyptian royal family, he was not meek. In fact, he had been so quick-tempered that he killed a man who he judged was acting unfairly. Moses assumed that Jehovah would agree with his actions. Jehovah spent 40 years helping Moses to understand that he needed more than courage to lead the Israelites; he needed to be meek. And to be meek, he also needed to be humble, submissive, and mild. He learned that lesson well and became an excellent overseer. (Ex. 2:11, 12; Acts 7:21-30, 36) Today, family heads and elders do well to imitate Moses. When treated disrespectfully, do not become easily offended. Humbly acknowledge any faults you have. (Eccl. 7:9, 20) Submissively follow Jehovah’s direction on how to handle problems. And always answer mildly. (Prov. 15:1) Family heads and overseers who respond that way please Jehovah, promote peace, and set an example of how to be meek.

Numbers 12:3

Now the man Moses was by far the meekest of all the men*+ on the face of the earth.

Exodus 2:11, 12

Now in those days, after Moses had become an adult,* he went out to his brothers to look at the burdens they were bearing,+ and he caught sight of an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his brothers. 12 So he looked this way and that, and seeing no one, he killed the Egyptian and hid him in the sand.+

Acts 7:21-30

But when he was abandoned,*+ the daughter of Phar'aoh took him and brought him up as her own son.+ 22 So Moses was instructed in all the wisdom of the Egyptians. In fact, he was powerful in his words and deeds.+

23 “Now when he reached the age of 40, it came into his heart to make a visit on* his brothers, the sons of Israel.+ 24 When he caught sight of one of them being unjustly treated, he defended him and avenged the one being abused by striking down the Egyptian.+ 25 He thought that his brothers would grasp that God was giving them salvation by his hand, but they did not grasp it. 26 The next day he appeared to them as they were fighting, and he tried to reconcile them in peace, saying: ‘Men, you are brothers. Why do you mistreat each other?’+ 27 But the one who was mistreating his neighbor pushed him away, saying: ‘Who appointed you ruler and judge over us? 28 You do not want to do away with me the way you did away with the Egyptian yesterday, do you?’+ 29 On hearing this, Moses fled and lived as a foreigner in the land of Mid'i·an, where he became the father of two sons.+

30 “After 40 years had passed, an angel appeared to him in the wilderness of Mount Si'nai in the flame of a burning thornbush.+

Acts 7:36

This man led them out,+ performing wonders and signs in Egypt+ and at the Red Sea+ and in the wilderness for 40 years.+

Ecclesiastes 7:9

Do not be quick* to take offense,+ for the taking of offense lodges in the bosom of fools.*+

Ecclesiastes 7:20

For there is no righteous man on earth who always does good and never sins.+

Proverbs 15:1

A mild* answer turns away rage,+

But a harsh* word stirs up anger.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #162 on: January 02, 2020, 09:02:13 AM »

Thursday, January 2

He was moved with pity for them.?—Mark 6:34.

Note the reason why Jesus felt pity, which can reflect fellow feeling. He observed that the people “were as sheep without a shepherd.” Maybe Jesus saw that some of them were poor and were working long hours to provide for their families. Perhaps others were dealing with the loss of a loved one. If so, Jesus could likely relate to their situation. He may have faced some of these problems himself. Jesus was concerned about others, and he felt moved to bring them a message of comfort. (Isa. 61:1, 2) What do we learn from Jesus’ example? Like Jesus, we are surrounded by people who are “as sheep without a shepherd.” They struggle with many problems. We have what they need?—the Kingdom message. (Rev. 14:6) So in imitation of our Master, we preach the good news because we “have pity on the lowly and the poor.” (Ps. 72:13) We feel for people, and we want to do something to help them.

Mark 6:34

Well, on getting out, he saw a large crowd, and he was moved with pity for them,+ because they were as sheep without a shepherd.+ And he started to teach them many things.+

Isaiah 61:1, 2

The spirit of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah is upon me,+

Because Jehovah anointed me to declare good news to the meek.+

He sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,

To proclaim liberty to the captives

And the wide opening of the eyes to the prisoners,+

2 To proclaim the year of Jehovah’s goodwill*

And the day of vengeance of our God,+

To comfort all who mourn,+

Revelation 14:6

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven,* and he had everlasting good news to declare to those who dwell on the earth, to every nation and tribe and tongue* and people.+

Psalm 72:13

He will have pity on the lowly and the poor,

And the lives* of the poor he will save.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2020, 07:07:52 AM »

Saturday, January 4

Who can find a capable wife? Her value is far more than that of corals.?—Prov. 31:10.

The entire family benefits when each member expresses appreciation. The more marriage mates show gratitude to each other, the closer they become. They also find it easier to forgive each other’s mistakes. A husband who appreciates his wife not only notices the good things she says and does but also “rises up and praises her.” (Prov. 31:28) And a wise wife lets her husband know specifically what she appreciates about him. Parents, how can you teach your children to show appreciation? Remember that your children will imitate what you say and do. So set a good example by saying thank you when your children do things for you. In addition, teach your children to say thank you when people do things for them. Help your children understand that expressing gratitude comes from the heart and that their words can do much good.

Proverbs 31:10

Who can find a capable* wife?+

Her value is far more than that of corals.*

Proverbs 31:28

Her children rise up and declare her happy;

Her husband rises up and praises her.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2020, 08:47:38 AM »

Sunday, January 5

Until I die, I will not renounce my integrity!?—Job 27:5.

That is a statement of vital importance. Job refused to give in to Satan’s assault, and we can do the same. Satan makes the same charges about each of us. How are you involved? In effect, he says that you do not really love Jehovah God, that you will stop serving him to save yourself, and that any integrity you have is false! (Job 2:4, 5; Rev. 12:10) How does that make you feel? It is hurtful, is it not? However, think about this: Jehovah trusts you enough to offer you a marvelous opportunity. Jehovah is allowing Satan to test your integrity. Jehovah is confident that you can keep your integrity and help to prove Satan a liar. And He promises to help you do that. (Heb. 13:6) What a privilege to be trusted by the Sovereign of the universe! Do you see why integrity is so important? It enables us to refute Satan’s lies and to uphold our Father’s good name and support his way of ruling.

Job 27:5

It is unthinkable for me to declare you men righteous!

Until I die, I will not renounce* my integrity!+

Job 2:4, 5

But Satan answered Jehovah: “Skin for skin. A man will give everything that he has for his life.* 5 But, for a change, stretch out your hand and strike his bone and flesh, and he will surely curse you to your very face.”+

Revelation 12:10

I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come to pass the salvation+ and the power and the Kingdom of our God+ and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God!+

Hebrews 13:6

So that we may be of good courage and say: “Jehovah* is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”+