Author Topic: Daily Scripture  (Read 2815 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Daily Scripture
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2019, 11:00:01 AM »

Sunday, November 24

Where your treasure is, there your hearts will be also.​—Luke 12:34.

Jehovah is the wealthiest Person in the universe. (1 Chron. 29:11, 12) As a generous Father, he openhandedly shares his spiritual riches with all who discern their excelling value. How grateful we are that Jehovah has given us spiritual treasures, which include (1) God’s Kingdom, (2) our lifesaving ministry, and (3) the precious truths found in his Word! If we are not careful, though, we could lose appreciation for these treasures and, in effect, throw them away. To hold on to them, we must use them well and constantly renew our love for them. Granted, many of us have made life-transforming changes to become subjects of God’s Kingdom. (Rom. 12:2) Even so, our work is not finished. We must remain alert to things that actively compete for our affection, including the desire for material things and any immoral sexual desires.​—Prov. 4:23; Matt. 5:27-29.

Luke 12:34

For where your treasure is, there your hearts will be also.

1 Chronicles 29:11, 12

Yours, O Jehovah, are the greatness+ and the mightiness+ and the beauty and the splendor and the majesty,*+ for everything in the heavens and on the earth is yours.+ Yours is the kingdom, O Jehovah.+ You are the One exalting yourself as head over all. 12 The riches and the glory are from you,+ and you rule over everything,+ and in your hand there are power+ and mightiness,+ and your hand is able to make great+ and to give strength to all.+

Romans 12:2

And stop being molded by this system of things,+ but be transformed by making your mind over,+ so that you may prove to yourselves+ the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Proverbs 4:23

Above all the things that you guard, safeguard your heart,+

For out of it are the sources of life.

Matthew 5:27-29

“You heard that it was said: ‘You must not commit adultery.’+ 28 But I say to you that everyone who keeps on looking at a woman+ so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.+ 29 If, now, your right eye is making you stumble, tear it out and throw it away from you.+ For it is better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be pitched into Ge·hen'na.+
thanks Guest for reading my post

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2019, 10:25:22 AM »

Thursday, December 5

[Job] is an upright man of integrity.​—Job 1:8.

How can we imitate Job’s faith and obedience? No matter what our circumstances may be, let us always keep Jehovah at the center of our lives, trusting him fully and obeying him with a complete heart. Indeed, we have even more reason to do so than Job had! Consider: We know a lot about Satan and his tactics. (2 Cor. 2:11)Thanks in part to the book of Job, we know why God permits suffering. From Daniel’s prophecy, we understand that God’s Kingdom is a world government in the hands of Christ Jesus. (Dan. 7:13, 14) And we know that this Kingdom will soon bring a permanent end to all suffering. Job’s experience also highlights our need to show compassion to fellow Christians who may be enduring hardships. Like Job, some may even speak rashly at times. (Eccl. 7:7) But instead of judging them, let us show insight and compassion. In this way, we imitate our loving and merciful Father, Jehovah.​—Ps. 103:8.

Job 1:8

And Jehovah said to Satan: “Have you taken note of* my servant Job? There is no one like him on the earth. He is an upright man of integrity,*+ fearing God and shunning what is bad.”

2 Corinthians 2:11

so that we may not be overreached* by Satan,+ for we are not ignorant of his designs.*+

Daniel 7:13, 14

“I kept watching in the visions of the night, and look! with the clouds of the heavens, someone like a son of man+ was coming; and he gained access to the Ancient of Days,+ and they brought him up close before that One. 14 And to him there were given rulership,+ honor,+ and a kingdom, that the peoples, nations, and language groups should all serve him.+ His rulership is an everlasting rulership that will not pass away, and his kingdom will not be destroyed.+

Ecclesiastes 7:7

But oppression can drive the wise one into madness, and a bribe corrupts the heart.+

Psalm 103:8

Jehovah is merciful and compassionate,*+

Slow to anger and abundant in loyal love.*+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2019, 09:12:02 AM »

Saturday, December 7

They . . . kept earnestly begging us for the privilege of kindly giving.​—2 Cor. 8:4.

We may be asked to make donations for a specific purpose. (Acts 4:34, 35; 1 Cor. 16:2) For example, are there plans to build a new Kingdom Hall that your congregation will use? We may be made aware of financial needs with regard to a convention we are attending or assistance to our brothers after a natural disaster. We also donate to support those caring for the work at world headquarters and at branch offices around the earth. Our donations support missionaries, special pioneers, and those in the circuit work. All of us can have a share in supporting the work that Jehovah is accomplishing in these last days. Most donations are anonymous. We discreetly place funds in the contribution boxes at the Kingdom Hall, or we may make donations online through jw.org. We may feel that our small donations do not mean much. Yet, the majority of donated funds today come from many small gifts rather than from a few large ones.

2 Corinthians 8:4

while they on their own initiative kept earnestly begging us for the privilege of kindly giving, to have a share in the relief ministry for the holy ones.+

Acts 4:34, 35

In fact, no one was in need among them,+ for all those who owned fields or houses would sell them and bring the value of what was sold, 35 and they would deposit it at the feet of the apostles.+ In turn distribution would be made to each one according to his need.+

1 Corinthians 16:2

On the first day of every week, each of you should set something aside according to his own means, so that collections will not take place when I arrive.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2019, 10:33:56 AM »

Sunday, December 8

Baptism . . . is . . . now saving you.?—1 Pet. 3:21.

Baptism is a requirement for Christians, and it is an essential step to gaining salvation. (Matt. 28:19, 20) Your baptism symbolizes your dedication. It is a solemn promise that you made to Jehovah to love him and to put his will above everything else. Putting yourself in Jehovah’s hands is never a wrong move. Consider the alternative! A person who lives apart from Jehovah is under Satan’s rule. The Devil has no interest in your salvation. In fact, he would be happy if you lost out on everlasting life by siding with him in rejecting Jehovah’s sovereignty. In contrast to supporting Satan, consider the blessings you have as a dedicated and baptized Christian. Now that you have given your life to Jehovah, you can say with greater confidence than ever before: “Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” (Ps. 118:6) You could have no greater privilege in life than being on God’s side and having him approve of you.

1 Peter 3:21

Baptism, which corresponds to this, is also now saving you (not by the removing of the filth of the flesh, but by the request to God for a good conscience),+ through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 28:19, 20

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,+ baptizing them+ in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.+ And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”+

Psalm 118:6

Jehovah is on my side; I will not be afraid.+

What can man do to me?+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2019, 11:53:29 AM »

Monday, December 9

Do not become upset and turn to doing evil.​—Ps. 37:8.

There will be times when we will be irritated by the words or actions of fellow believers​—or when they will be annoyed by ours. This can be a serious test. As with other tests, Jehovah allows us to prove our integrity by learning to work unitedly with dedicated men and women whom he loves despite their imperfections. That Jehovah does not prevent his servants from being tested is illustrated by the account of Joseph. As a young man, Joseph was sold into slavery by his jealous half brothers and taken to Egypt. (Gen. 37:28) Jehovah saw what was happening and no doubt was grieved to observe the way his friend, righteous Joseph, was being treated. Still, He did not intervene. Later, when Joseph was accused of trying to rape Potiphar’s wife and was thrown into prison, Jehovah still did not step in. But did God ever abandon Joseph? On the contrary: “Jehovah made whatever [Joseph] did successful.”​—Gen. 39:21-23.

Psalm 37:8

Let go of anger and abandon rage;+

Do not become upset and turn to doing evil.*

Genesis 37:28

And when the Mid'i·an·ite+ merchants were passing by, they lifted Joseph up out of the waterpit and sold him to the Ish'ma·el·ites for 20 pieces of silver.+ These men took Joseph into Egypt.

Genesis 39:21-23

But Jehovah continued with Joseph and kept showing loyal love to him and granting him favor in the eyes of the chief officer of the prison.+ 22 So the chief officer of the prison put Joseph in charge of all the prisoners in the prison, and everything that they were doing there, he was the one having it done.+ 23 The chief officer of the prison was looking after absolutely nothing that was in Joseph’s care, for Jehovah was with Joseph and Jehovah made whatever he did successful.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »

Tuesday, December 10

If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up.​—1 Cor. 15:13.

What are the key teachings of your faith? Surely you would stress that Jehovah is the Creator and Life-Giver. You would likely mention your belief in Jesus Christ, who died as a ransom. And you would happily add that an earthly paradise is ahead, where God’s people will live forever. But would you mention the resurrection as one of your most cherished beliefs? We have good reasons to include the resurrection as a key teaching even if we personally hope to survive the great tribulation and live on earth forever. The resurrection is central to our faith. Had Christ not been resurrected, he would not be our ruling King, and our teaching about Christ’s rule would be in vain. (1 Cor. 15:12-19) However, we know that Jesus was resurrected, and we hold firm to our belief in the resurrection.​—Mark 12:18; Acts 4:2, 3; 17:32; 23:6-8.

1 Corinthians 15:13
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (Study Edition)

13 If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up.

1 Corinthians 15:12-19

Now if it is being preached that Christ has been raised from the dead,+ how is it that some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead?+ 13 If, indeed, there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ has not been raised up. 14 But if Christ has not been raised up, our preaching is certainly in vain, and your faith is also in vain. 15 Moreover, we are also found to be false witnesses of God,+ because we have given witness against God by saying that he raised up the Christ,+ whom he did not raise up if the dead are really not to be raised up. 16 For if the dead are not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up. 17 Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you remain in your sins.+ 18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in death in union with Christ have perished.+ 19 If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are to be pitied more than anyone.

Mark 12:18

Now the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection,+ came and asked him:+

Acts 4:2, 3

These were annoyed because the apostles were teaching the people and were openly declaring the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.*+ 3 So they seized* them and took them into custody+ until the next day, for it was already evening.

Acts 17:32

Now when they heard of a resurrection of the dead, some began to scoff,+ while others said: “We will hear you again about this.”

Acts 23:6-8

Now Paul, knowing that the one part was made up of Sadducees but the other of Pharisees, cried out in the San'he·drin: “Men, brothers, I am a Pharisee,+ a son of Pharisees. Over the hope of the resurrection of the dead I am being judged.” 7 Because he said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was split. 8 For the Sadducees say that there is neither resurrection nor angel nor spirit, but the Pharisees accept* them all.+