Author Topic: Daily Scripture  (Read 4483 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Daily Scripture
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2019, 10:00:17 AM »

Wednesday, July 24

Become imitators of me, just as I am of Christ.?—1 Cor. 11:1.

Jehovah exercises authority in a loving manner. In harmony with that, family heads and elders who love his sovereignty will not be demanding, as if exercising a small sovereignty of their own. Instead, they will imitate Jehovah. Paul was just such an imitator of God and his Son. Paul did not embarrass others or pressure them into taking a desired course of action. Rather, he appealed to them. (Rom. 12:1; Eph. 4:1; Philem. 8-10) That is Jehovah’s way of handling matters. Thus, that should be the way of all who love and uphold his way of ruling. What is our response to divinely authorized headship? By our respectful cooperation, we show our support for Jehovah’s sovereignty. Even if we do not fully understand or agree with a decision, we will still want to support theocratic order. That is quite different from the way of the world, but it is the way of life under Jehovah’s rulership.?—Eph. 5:22, 23; 6:1-3; Heb. 13:17.

1 Corinthians 11:1

Become imitators of me, just as I am of Christ.+

Romans 12:1

Therefore, I appeal to you by the compassions of God, brothers, to present your bodies+ as a living sacrifice, holy+ and acceptable to God,+ a sacred service with your power of reason.+

Ephesians 4:1

Therefore I, the prisoner+ in the Lord, appeal to you to walk worthily+ of the calling with which you were called,

Philemon 8-10

For this very reason, though I have great freeness of speech in connection with Christ to order you to do what is proper, 9 I would rather appeal to you on the basis of love, seeing that I am Paul an older man, yes, now also a prisoner for the sake of Christ Jesus. 10 I am appealing to you for my child, whose father I became+ while in prison,* O·nes'i·mus.+

Ephesians 5:22, 23

Let wives be in subjection to their husbands+ as to the Lord, 23 because a husband is head of his wife+ just as the Christ is head of the congregation,+ he being a savior of this body.

Ephesians 6:1-3

6 Children, be obedient to your parents+ in union with the Lord, for this is righteous. 2 “Honor your father and your mother”+ is the first command with a promise: 3 “That it may go well with you* and you may remain a long time on the earth.”

Hebrews 13:17

Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you+ and be submissive,+ for they are keeping watch over you* as those who will render an account,+ so that they may do this with joy and not with sighing, for this would be damaging to you.
thanks Guest for reading my post

Offline Orion79

• Global Moderator
  • Burning Stumps!
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2019, 02:31:08 AM »
" When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps."  -  Confucius

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2019, 07:09:49 AM »

Thursday, July 25

You . . . are taught by God to love one another.​—1 Thess. 4:9.

Whether young or old, brothers and sisters who are discouraged or depressed or who face other trials need our attention, encouragement, and comfort. (Prov. 12:25; Col. 4:11) We give proof that we truly love our brothers when we show by words and deeds that we have deep concern for “those related to us in the faith.” (Gal. 6:10) The Bible foretold that “the last days” of this wicked system of things would be marked by a spirit of selfishness and greed. (2 Tim. 3:1, 2) As Christians, we must therefore work hard to grow in our love for God, for Bible truth, and for one another. True, we may at times have minor disagreements with fellow believers. However, what a blessing it is for all in the congregation when love motivates us to settle any differences in a loving manner! (Eph. 4:32; Col. 3:14) Therefore, may we continue to have intense love for Jehovah, his Word, and our brothers.

1 Thessalonians 4:9

However, concerning brotherly love,+ you do not need us to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.+

Proverbs 12:25

Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down,*+
But a good word cheers it up.+

Colossians 4:11

and Jesus who is called Justus, who are of those circumcised. Only these are my fellow workers for the Kingdom of God, and they have become a source of great comfort* to me.

Galatians 6:10

So, then, as long as we have the opportunity,* let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith.

2 Timothy 3:1, 2

But know this, that in the last days+ critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal,

Ephesians 4:32

But become kind to one another, tenderly compassionate,+ freely forgiving one another just as God also by Christ freely forgave you.+

Colossians 3:14

But besides all these things, clothe yourselves with love,+ for it is a perfect bond of union.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2019, 06:47:43 AM »

Friday, July 26

If we make the statement, “We have no sin,” we are misleading ourselves.​—1 John 1:8.

Christians expect to experience some injustice outside the Christian congregation. However, our faith may be put to the test if we observe or experience what seems to be an injustice inside the congregation. How will you react if you believe that you have experienced some wrong in the congregation or in your dealings with a fellow Christian? Will you allow that to be a cause for stumbling? Because all of us are imperfect and subject to sin, we realize that there is a possibility that we could either experience injustice ourselves or be the cause of it for someone else in the congregation. Although such instances are rare, faithful Christians are not surprised or stumbled when injustices do occur. For good reason, Jehovah has provided practical advice in his Word to assist us to maintain our integrity, even if we experience wrongs at the hands of fellow believers.​—Ps. 55:12-14.

1 John 1:8

If we make the statement, “We have no sin,” we are misleading ourselves+ and the truth is not in us.

Psalm 55:12-14

For it is not an enemy who taunts me;+
Otherwise I could put up with it.
It is not a foe who has risen up against me;
Otherwise I could conceal myself from him.
13 But it is you, a man like me,*+
My own companion whom I know well.+
14 We used to enjoy a warm friendship together;
Into the house of God we used to walk along with the multitude.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2019, 07:31:52 AM »

Saturday, July 27

Those who [marry] will have tribulation in their flesh.​—1 Cor. 7:28.

If you have an unbelieving mate, you may experience more than the usual stress and anxiety in your marriage. Nevertheless, your mate’s present unwillingness to follow Christ is not in itself a valid reason for separation or divorce. (1 Cor. 7:12-16) Although an unbelieving husband may not take the lead in spiritual matters, he should be respected because of his position as the head of the family. Likewise, an unbelieving wife should be shown self-sacrificing love and tender affection by her Christian husband. (Eph. 5:22, 23, 28, 29) What if your spouse tries to limit your worship? For example, one sister was told by her husband to share in the field ministry only on certain days of the week. If you face a similar situation, ask yourself: ‘Is my spouse demanding that I stop worshipping my God? If not, can I yield to the request?’ Being reasonable can help you to avoid needless marital conflict.​—Phil. 4:5.

1 Corinthians 7:28

But even if you did marry, you would commit no sin. And if a virgin married, such a person would commit no sin. However, those who do will have tribulation in their flesh. But I am trying to spare you.

1 Corinthians 7:12-16

But to the others I say, yes, I, not the Lord:+ If any brother has an unbelieving wife and she is agreeable to staying with him, let him not leave her; 13 and if a woman has an unbelieving husband and he is agreeable to staying with her, let her not leave her husband. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified in relation to his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified in relation to the brother; otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving one chooses to depart,* let him depart; a brother or a sister is not bound under such circumstances, but God has called you to peace.+ 16 For wife, how do you know whether you will save your husband?+ Or, husband, how do you know whether you will save your wife?

Ephesians 5:22, 23

Let wives be in subjection to their husbands+ as to the Lord, 23 because a husband is head of his wife+ just as the Christ is head of the congregation,+ he being a savior of this body.

Ephesians 5:28, 29

In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. A man who loves his wife loves himself, 29 for no man ever hated his own body,* but he feeds and cherishes it, just as the Christ does the congregation,

Philippians 4:5

Let your reasonableness+ become known to all men. The Lord is near.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2019, 06:34:16 AM »

Sunday, July 28

You must inculcate them in your sons.​—Deut. 6:7.

As foretold, people “out of all the languages of the nations” are flocking to Jehovah’s organization. (Zech. 8:23) But a language barrier can make it difficult for you to teach your children the truth. Your children are the most important Bible students you will ever have, and their “coming to know” Jehovah means their eternal life. (John 17:3) In order for your children to learn Jehovah’s teachings, you must “speak of them” on all appropriate occasions. (Deut. 6:6, 7) Your children will likely learn the local language at school and in their environment, but they learn your language primarily by frequently interacting with you in your language. Besides enabling your children to have heart-to-heart conversations with you, knowing your language gives them other advantages. Being bilingual sharpens your children’s thinking ability and enhances their social skills.

Deuteronomy 6:7

and you must inculcate them in* your sons+ and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.+

Zechariah 8:23

“This is what Jehovah of armies says, ‘In those days ten men out of all the languages of the nations+ will take hold, yes, they will take firm hold of the robe* of a Jew,* saying: “We want to go with you,+ for we have heard that God is with you people.”’”+

John 17:3

This means everlasting life,+ their coming to know you, the only true God,+ and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.+

Deuteronomy 6:6, 7

These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, 7 and you must inculcate them in* your sons+ and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2019, 06:49:29 AM »

Monday, July 29

Go and march to Mount Tabor . . . I will bring to you Sisera, . . . and I will give him into your hand.​—Judg. 4:6, 7.

The Israelites were ill-equipped, having neither offensive weapons nor defensive armor, whereas their enemies had 900 war chariots with iron scythes. (Judg. 4:1-3, 13; 5:6-8) Nevertheless, Jehovah gave Barak the command stated above. Barak wasted no time in following Jehovah’s instructions. (Judg. 4:14-16) During the main battle in Taanach, a sudden cloudburst turned the surroundings into a marsh. Barak chased Sisera’s army all the way to Harosheth​—a 15-mile (24 km) route. At some point along the way, Sisera abandoned his once frightening but now useless chariot and ran to Zaanannim, perhaps near Kedesh. He sought refuge in the tent of Jael, the wife of Heber the Kenite, and was welcomed by Jael. Exhausted from battle, he fell asleep. Sisera was now vulnerable to Jael’s decisive act of courage to put him to death. (Judg. 4:17-21) Israel’s enemy was defeated!

Judges 4:6, 7

She sent for Ba'rak+ the son of A·bin'o·am out of Ke'desh-naph'ta·li+ and said to him: “Has not Jehovah the God of Israel given the command? ‘Go and march to* Mount Ta'bor, and take 10,000 men of Naph'ta·li and Zeb'u·lun with you. 7 I will bring to you Sis'e·ra, the chief of Ja'bin’s army, along with his war chariots and his troops to the stream* of Ki'shon,+ and I will give him into your hand.’”+

Judges 4:1-3

But after E'hud died, the Israelites again did what was bad in Jehovah’s eyes.+ 2 So Jehovah sold them into the hand of Ja'bin the king of Ca'naan,+ who reigned in Ha'zor. The chief of his army was Sis'e·ra, who lived in Ha·ro'sheth+ of the nations.* 3 The Israelites cried out to Jehovah,+ because Ja'bin* had 900 war chariots with iron scythes,*+ and he harshly oppressed the Israelites+ for 20 years.

Judges 4:13

At once Sis'e·ra assembled all his war chariots—900 chariots with iron scythes*—and all the troops that were with him from Ha·ro'sheth of the nations to go to the stream* of Ki'shon.+

Judges 5:6-8

In the days of Sham'gar+ the son of A'nath,
In the days of Ja'el,+ the roads were deserted;
Travelers kept to the back roads.
7 The villagers in Israel were no more;*
They were no more until I, Deb'o·rah,+ rose up,
Until I arose as a mother in Israel.+
 8 They chose new gods;+
Then there was war in the gates.+
A shield could not be seen, nor a lance,

Judges 4:14-16

Deb'o·rah now said to Ba'rak: “Rise up, for this is the day that Jehovah will give Sis'e·ra into your hand. Is Jehovah not going out before you?” And Ba'rak descended from Mount Ta'bor with 10,000 men following him. 15 Then Jehovah threw Sis'e·ra and all his war chariots and all the army into confusion+ before the sword of Ba'rak. Finally Sis'e·ra got down from his chariot and fled on foot. 16 Ba'rak chased after the war chariots and the army as far as Ha·ro'sheth of the nations. So Sis'e·ra’s whole army fell by the sword; not even one remained.+

Judges 4:17-21

But Sis'e·ra fled on foot to the tent of Ja'el+ the wife of He'ber+ the Ken'ite, for there was peace between Ja'bin+ the king of Ha'zor and the house of He'ber the Ken'ite. 18 Then Ja'el came out to meet Sis'e·ra and said to him: “Come in, my lord, come in here. Do not be afraid.” So he went into her tent, and she covered him with a blanket. 19 Then he said to her: “Give me, please, a little water to drink, for I am thirsty.” So she opened a skin bottle of milk and gave him a drink,+ after which she again covered him. 20 He told her: “Stand at the entrance of the tent, and if anybody comes and asks you, ‘Is there a man here?’ say, ‘No!’”
21 But Ja'el the wife of He'ber took a tent pin and a hammer in her hand. Then while he was fast asleep and exhausted, she stealthily approached him and drove the pin through his temples and beat it into the ground, and he died.+

Offline Orion79

• Global Moderator
  • Burning Stumps!
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2019, 02:53:40 AM »
I admire your devotion  and hope more people will read your posts.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2019, 06:39:31 AM »
I admire your devotion  and hope more people will read your posts.

Thank You. That means a lot too me

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2019, 06:44:49 AM »

Tuesday, July 30

Jehovah has a controversy with the nations. . . . He will put the wicked to the sword.?—Jer. 25:31.

After Armageddon, will there be any organization on earth? The Bible tells us: “There are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell.” (2 Pet. 3:13) The old heavens and earth, the corrupt governments and the earthly society under their control, will be gone. They will be replaced by what? The expression “new heavens and a new earth” means that there will be a new government and a new earthly society over which that government rules. The Kingdom under Jesus Christ will perfectly reflect the personality of Jehovah God, who is a God of order. (1 Cor. 14:33) So the “new earth” will be organized. There will be good men to care for matters. (Ps. 45:16) They will be directed by Christ and his 144,000 corulers. Imagine a time when all corrupt organizations will be replaced by a single, unified, and incorruptible organization!

Jeremiah 25:31

‘A noise will resound to the ends of the earth,
For Jehovah has a controversy with the nations.
He will personally pass judgment on all humans.*+
And he will put the wicked to the sword,’ declares Jehovah.

2 Peter 3:13

But there are new heavens and a new earth that we are awaiting according to his promise,+ and in these righteousness is to dwell.+

1 Corinthians 14:33

For God is a God not of disorder but of peace.+
As in all the congregations of the holy ones,

Psalm 45:16

Your sons will take the place of your forefathers.
You will appoint them as princes in all the earth.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2019, 08:35:04 AM »

Wednesday, July 31

They will become one flesh.​—Gen. 2:24.

Marriage is sacred. Before God and eyewitnesses, the bride and groom exchange their marriage vows. They usually promise that they will love, cherish, and respect each other and that they will do so “for as long as [they] both shall live together on earth according to God’s marital arrangement.” Others may not have said these exact words, but they still made a vow before God. They are then pronounced husband and wife, and their marriage is meant to be a lifelong bond. (1 Cor. 7:39) “Therefore,” to use Jesus’ words, “what God has yoked together, let no man put apart”​—neither the husband nor the wife nor anyone else. Thus, couples entering marriage must have the view that divorce is not an option. (Mark 10:9) Of course, there has never been a perfect marriage. Each marriage is made up of two imperfect people. That is why the Bible says that married people “will have tribulation” at times.​—1 Cor. 7:28.

Genesis 2:24

That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and he will stick to* his wife, and they will become one flesh.+

1 Corinthians 7:39

A wife is bound as long as her husband is alive.+ But if her husband should fall asleep in death, she is free to be married to whomever she wants, only in the Lord.+

Mark 10:9

Therefore, what God has yoked together, let no man put apart.”+

1 Corinthians 7:28

But even if you did marry, you would commit no sin. And if a virgin married, such a person would commit no sin. However, those who do will have tribulation in their flesh. But I am trying to spare you.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2019, 07:22:38 AM »

Thursday, August 1

Not as I will, but as you will.​—Matt. 26:39.

To be good teachers, we first have to be good students. (1 Tim. 4:15, 16) Likewise, those divinely authorized to give discipline must themselves continue to submit willingly to Jehovah’s guidance. Such humble submission earns them respect and gives them freeness of speech when training or correcting others. Consider Jesus’ example. Jesus always listened obediently to his Father, even when doing so was very difficult. And he gave his Father the credit for his teachings and wisdom. (John 5:19, 30) Jesus’ humility and obedience drew people of honest heart to him and helped to make him a compassionate and gracious teacher. (Matt. 11:29) His kind words heartened those who were figuratively like a bruised reed or the wick of an oil lamp about to go out. (Matt. 12:20) Even when his patience was tested, Jesus was kind and loving. This was evident when he corrected his apostles for showing a selfish, ambitious spirit.​—Mark 9:33-37; Luke 22:24-27.

Matthew 26:39

And going a little way forward, he fell facedown, praying:+ “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup+ pass away from me. Yet, not as I will, but as you will.”+

1 Timothy 4:15, 16

Ponder over* these things; be absorbed in them, so that your advancement may be plainly seen by all people. 16 Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching.+ Persevere in these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you.+

John 5:19

Therefore, in response Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, the Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing.+ For whatever things that One does, these things the Son does also in like manner.

John 5:30

I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative. Just as I hear, I judge, and my judgment is righteous+ because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.+

Matthew 11:29

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,* for I am mild-tempered+ and lowly in heart,+ and you will find refreshment for yourselves.

Matthew 12:20

No bruised reed will he crush, and no smoldering wick will he extinguish,+ until he brings justice with success.

Mark 9:33-37

And they came into Ca·per'na·um. Now when he was inside the house, he put the question to them: “What were you arguing about on the road?”+ 34 They kept silent, for on the road they had been arguing among themselves about who is greater. 35 So he sat down and called the Twelve and said to them: “If anyone wants to be first, he must be last of all and minister of all.”+ 36 Then he took a young child and stood him in their midst; and putting his arms around him, he said to them: 37 “Whoever receives one of such young children+ on the basis of my name receives me also; and whoever receives me receives not me only but also Him who sent me.”+

Luke 22:24-27

However, there also arose a heated dispute among them over which one of them was considered to be the greatest.+ 25 But he said to them: “The kings of the nations lord it over them, and those having authority over them are called Benefactors.+ 26 You, though, are not to be that way.+ But let the one who is the greatest among you become as the youngest,+ and the one taking the lead as the one ministering.+ 27 For which one is greater, the one dining* or the one serving? Is it not the one dining?* But I am among you as the one serving.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2019, 06:54:23 AM »

Friday, August 2

Baptism, which corresponds to this, is also now saving you.​—1 Pet. 3:21.

Peter was referring to Noah’s constructing of the ark. The ark provided undeniable visible evidence that Noah was devoted to the doing of God’s will. Noah faithfully fulfilled the work assignment that Jehovah had given him. Yes, visible acts of faith led to the preservation of Noah and his family through the Flood. Just as the ark amounted to evidence of Noah’s faith, baptism before onlookers provides visible evidence. It shows that a Christian disciple has dedicated himself to Jehovah on the basis of faith in Christ. Like Noah, dedicated disciples obediently carry on in the work that God has assigned them to do. Just as Noah was preserved through the Flood, loyal baptized ones will be preserved when the present wicked world meets its end. (Mark 13:10; Rev. 7:9, 10) This makes dedication and baptism very important. A person who needlessly delays getting baptized endangers his prospects for everlasting life.

1 Peter 3:21

Baptism, which corresponds to this, is also now saving you (not by the removing of the filth of the flesh, but by the request to God for a good conscience),+ through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Mark 13:10

Also, in all the nations, the good news has to be preached first.+

Revelation 7:9, 10

After this I saw, and look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues,*+ standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes;+ and there were palm branches in their hands.+ 10 And they keep shouting with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation we owe to our God, who is seated on the throne,+ and to the Lamb.”+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2019, 06:43:08 AM »

Saturday, August 3

Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a boy.​—Prov. 22:15.

Some parents may conclude, ‘As long as my child is not baptized, he cannot be disfellowshipped.’ Why is this deceptive reasoning? (Jas. 1:22) Understandably, Christian parents would not want their child to get baptized before being mature enough to make a valid dedication. However, it would be a mistake to conclude that by not being baptized, a child is not accountable to Jehovah. Why is that? Accountability to Jehovah is not founded on the act of getting baptized. Rather, a child is accountable to God when the child knows what is right and what is wrong in Jehovah’s eyes. (Jas. 4:17) Thus, rather than discourage a child from getting baptized, wise parents work hard to set the right example. They want to cultivate in their child from infancy a heartfelt appreciation for Jehovah’s elevated moral standards. (Luke 6:40) Such appreciation is the best protection, for your child will be motivated to hold to Jehovah’s righteous way.​—Isa. 35:8.

Proverbs 22:15

Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a boy,*+
But the rod of discipline will remove it far from him.+

James 1:22

However, become doers of the word+ and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves with false reasoning.

James 4:17

Therefore, if someone knows how to do what is right and yet does not do it, it is a sin for him.+

Luke 6:40

A student* is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly instructed will be like his teacher.

Isaiah 35:8

And a highway will be there,+
Yes, a way called the Way of Holiness.
The unclean one will not travel on it.+
It is reserved for the one walking on the way;
No one foolish will stray onto it.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2019, 08:25:15 AM »

Sunday, August 4

Noah walked with the true God.​—Gen. 6:9.

Noah continued to do so for another 350 years after the Flood. (Gen. 9:28) What a fine example of faith and obedience! We can imitate Noah’s faith and obedience by upholding God’s righteousness, by being no part of Satan’s world, and by keeping Kingdom interests in first place. (Matt. 6:33; John 15:19) To be sure, our way of life does not win us the world’s approval. Indeed, even now, our firm stand for God’s laws, such as those concerning marriage and sexual morality, has led to negative publicity in some lands. (Mal. 3:17, 18) Like Noah, however, we fear Jehovah, not men. We know that he alone gives everlasting life. (Luke 12:4, 5) But what about you personally? Will you keep ‘walking with God,’ even when others mock or criticize you or when economic pressures test your faith in your Provider? If you imitate the faith and obedience of Noah, you can be confident that Jehovah will care for you.​—Phil. 4:6, 7.

Genesis 6:9

This is the history of Noah.
Noah was a righteous man.+ He proved himself faultless* among his contemporaries.* Noah walked with the true God.+

Genesis 9:28

Noah continued to live for 350 years after the Flood.+

Matthew 6:33

“Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.+

John 15:19

If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world,+ but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you.+

Malachi 3:17, 18

“And they will be mine,”+ says Jehovah of armies, “in the day when I produce a special property.*+ I will show them compassion, just as a man shows compassion to his son who serves him.+ 18 And you will again see the distinction between a righteous person and a wicked person,+ between one serving God and one not serving him.”

Luke 12:4, 5

Moreover, I say to you, my friends,+ do not fear those who kill the body and after this are not able to do anything more.+ 5 But I will show you whom to fear: Fear the One who after killing has authority to throw into Ge·hen'na.+ Yes, I tell you, fear this One.+

Philippians 4:6, 7

Do not be anxious over anything,+ but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God;+ 7 and the peace+ of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts+ and your mental powers* by means of Christ Jesus.