Author Topic: Daily Scripture  (Read 7100 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Daily Scripture
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2019, 07:33:18 AM »

Monday, June 17

I will never leave you, and I will never abandon you.​—Heb. 13:5.

Your employer may regularly ask you to work overtime on evenings and weekends​—times that you have set aside for family worship, field service, and Christian meetings. Courage is required to turn down such regular requests and set the right example for your children. We also show courage when we help our children to set and reach spiritual goals. For instance, some parents may hesitate to encourage their child to pursue a career of pioneering, to serve where the need is greater, to enter Bethel service, or to work on theocratic construction projects. The parents may fear that their child will not be able to care for them when they are old. However, wise parents show courage and put faith in Jehovah’s promises. (Ps. 37:25) Then an added way that you can demonstrate courage and reliance on Jehovah is by helping your child to do the same.​—1 Sam. 1:27, 28; 2 Tim. 3:14, 15.
thanks Guest for reading my post

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2019, 07:22:00 AM »

Tuesday, June 18

The fruitage of the spirit is . . . self-control.​—Gal. 5:22, 23.

How can you help your children to develop self-control? Parents know that this quality does not come naturally to young people. And as is the case with all qualities that their children need to learn, parents should set the example. (Eph. 6:4) So if you see that your children are struggling to control their impulses, ask yourself whether you are setting a fine example. Do not minimize the good effect of your being regular in the field service, in attending meetings, and in conducting family worship. Do not be afraid to say no to your children’s requests if need be! Jehovah set limits for Adam and Eve​—limits that could have instilled in them a proper regard for his authority. Similarly, parental discipline and example have the goal of teaching children self-control. Love for God’s authority and respect for his standards are among the most precious things that you can cultivate in your children.​—Prov. 1:5, 7, 8.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2019, 08:43:43 AM »

Wednesday, June 19

There should be no division in the body, but its members should have mutual concern for one another.​—1 Cor. 12:25.

Until Satan’s world comes to an end, we will continue to experience trials. We deal with unemployment, serious illnesses, persecution, natural disasters, loss of possessions because of crime, or other hardships. To support one another in our suffering or adversity, we need to have genuine compassion. Feeling tender compassion will move us to acts of kindness. (Eph. 4:32) These aspects of the new personality will help us to imitate God and be of comfort to others. (2 Cor. 1:3, 4) How can we show even greater consideration toward foreigners or disadvantaged ones in our congregation? We need to befriend such individuals and help them to see that they are a valuable part of the congregation. (1 Cor. 12:22) Also, out of compassion for immigrants, many Witnesses endeavor to learn a new language. (1 Cor. 9:23) This has led to rich blessings.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2019, 08:07:18 AM »

Friday, June 21

To do your will, O my God, is my delight.​—Ps. 40:8.

As a child, Jesus no doubt played and had fun. God’s Word says that there is “a time to laugh . . . and a time to dance.” (Eccl. 3:4) Jesus also drew close to Jehovah by studying the Scriptures. When he was 12 years old, the teachers at the temple were amazed at “his understanding and his answers” regarding spiritual matters. (Luke 2:42, 46, 47) Jesus grew up to be a happy adult. What made him happy? He knew that, among other things, God wanted him “to declare good news to the poor . . . and a recovery of sight to the blind.” (Luke 4:18) Doing what God asked him to do made Jesus happy. He enjoyed teaching people about his heavenly Father. (Luke 10:21) Once, after teaching a woman about true worship, Jesus said to his disciples: “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.” (John 4:31-34) Showing love for God and for others made Jesus happy. It can make you happy too.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2019, 06:56:55 AM »

Saturday, June 22

The peace of God . . . will guard your hearts and your mental powers by means of Christ Jesus.​—Phil. 4:7.

Jehovah’s tender empathy was perfectly expressed in the words and actions of his compassionate Son, Jesus, when he was on earth. (John 5:19) Jesus was sent to provide comfort for “the brokenhearted” and “all who mourn.” (Isa. 61:1, 2; Luke 4:17-21) Hence, he was characterized by deep compassion​—a sympathetic awareness of people’s suffering and a heartfelt desire to alleviate their suffering. (Heb. 2:17) The Scriptures reassure us that “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever.” (Heb. 13:8) Since “the Chief Agent of life” personally understands what it is like to feel grief, “he is able to come to the aid of those who are being put to the test.” (Acts 3:15; Heb. 2:10, 18) Christ continues to be moved by the anguish of others, to understand their grief, and to provide them consolation “at the right time.”​—Heb. 4:15, 16.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2019, 10:10:13 AM »

Sunday, June 23

Where your treasure is, there your hearts will be also.​—Luke 12:34.

Satan and his world are constantly seeking to weaken or destroy our appreciation for the spiritual treasures that Jehovah has given us. We are not immune to these tactics. We could easily be enticed by promises of a lucrative career, dreams of a lavish lifestyle, or the desire for a showy display of material riches. The apostle John reminds us that this world is passing away and so is its desire. (1 John 2:15-17) Therefore, we must work hard to safeguard our affections and protect our love and appreciation for spiritual riches. Be willing to give up anything that could replace your wholehearted love for God’s Kingdom. Continue to preach zealously, never losing appreciation for our lifesaving ministry. Earnestly continue to search for divine truths. As you do this, you will build up “treasure in the heavens, where no thief gets near and no moth consumes.”​—Luke 12:33.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2019, 07:21:17 AM »

Monday, June 24

A day in your courtyards is better than a thousand anywhere else!​—Ps. 84:10.

Jehovah’s way of ruling is neither oppressive nor rigid. It allows for freedom and promotes joy. (2 Cor. 3:17) David expressed it this way: “In his [God’s] presence are majesty and splendor; strength and joy are in his dwelling place.” (1 Chron. 16:7, 27) Similarly, the psalmist Ethan wrote: “Happy are the people who know the joyful shouting. O Jehovah, they walk in the light of your face. They rejoice in your name all day long, and in your righteousness they are exalted.” (Ps. 89:15, 16) Frequent meditation on Jehovah’s goodness can strengthen our conviction that his rulership is best. How could it be otherwise? As our loving Designer and Creator, Jehovah knows what we need in order to be truly happy, and he fills that need abundantly. Whatever he requires of us is for our benefit and ultimately results in our greatest joy. That is so even if his requirements involve our making some sacrifices.​—Isa. 48:17.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2019, 07:08:07 AM »

Tuesday, June 25

Expectation postponed makes the heart sick.​—Prov. 13:12.

Consider the case of a sister in England who very much wanted a child but whose hopes in that regard had not been fulfilled. Then she entered the change of life. She admitted that she felt devastated, for she realized that her desire would not be satisfied in this system of things. She and her husband decided to adopt a child. Nonetheless, she said: “I still went through a sort of grieving process. I knew that adoption would not be exactly the same as giving birth to my own child.” The Bible does mention a Christian woman’s being “kept safe through childbearing.” (1 Tim. 2:15) But this does not mean that giving birth or having children results in gaining everlasting life. Rather, it refers to the fact that a woman’s having children to tend to, along with the other aspects of caring for a household, may keep her from falling into a pattern of gossiping and meddling in others’ affairs.​—1 Tim. 5:13.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2019, 06:59:19 AM »

Wednesday, June 26

What do you give [God]; what does he receive from you?​—Job 35:7.

Was Elihu suggesting that our efforts in God’s service are pointless? No. He was saying that Jehovah does not depend on our worship. Jehovah is complete. We cannot make him richer or stronger. On the contrary, any goodness, talent, or strength that we possess is a trust from God, and he takes note of how we use it. Jehovah considers acts of loyal love expressed toward his servants as being rendered to him personally. “The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah, and He will repay him for what he does,” says Proverbs 19:17. Is this scripture implying that Jehovah takes note of every act of kindness performed in behalf of lowly ones? Can we conclude that the Creator of the universe considers himself to be indebted to mere humans who perform deeds of mercy and that he views such giving as loans that he repays with favor and blessings? Yes, and this was verified by God’s own Son.​—Luke 14:13, 14.

Job 35:7

7 If you are righteous, what do you give him;
What does he receive from you?+

Proverbs 19:17

17 The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah,+
And He will repay* him for what he does.+

Luke 14:13, 14

13 But when you spread a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind;+ 14 and you will be happy, because they have nothing with which to repay you.+ For you will be repaid in the resurrection+ of the righteous ones.”

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2019, 07:10:14 AM »

Thursday, June 27

His delight is in the law of Jehovah, and he reads His law in an undertone day and night.?—Ps. 1:2.

Besides reading the Bible and our Bible-based publications, how else can we develop a deep love for Bible truth? We can enhance our love for Bible truth by regularly attending congregation meetings. The weekly study of the Bible with the help of The Watchtower is a principal means by which we are taught. To get the sense of the subject that is considered, we need to prepare well for each Watchtower Study. One way we can do so is by looking up each of the cited Bible texts. Nowadays, The Watchtower can be downloaded from the jw.org website or viewed on the JW Library app in many languages. Some electronic formats allow us to access quickly the cited texts from each study article. But whatever method we use, reading these scriptures carefully and meditating on them will deepen our love for Bible truth.

Psalm 1:2

But his delight is in the law of Jehovah,+
And he reads His law in an undertone* day and night.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2019, 06:07:27 AM »

Friday, June 28

Each of us will render an account for himself to God.?—Rom. 14:12.

After baptism, we want to continue living up to our dedication in faithful service to God. There is no way to undo a dedication vow, taking back what we promised God. If a person tires of serving Jehovah or of living a Christian way of life, he cannot claim that he was never really dedicated and that his baptism was invalid. To all intents and purposes, he presented himself as one who was wholly dedicated to God. He will be accountable before Jehovah and the congregation for any serious sins that he may commit. May it never be said of us that ‘we left the love we had at first.’ Instead, we want Jesus to be able to say of us: “I know your deeds, and your love and faith and ministry and endurance, and that your deeds of late are more than those you did at first.” (Rev. 2:4, 19) May we zealously continue to live up to our dedication vow?—to Jehovah’s delight.

Romans 14:12 

12 So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God.+

Revelation 2:4

4 Nevertheless, I hold this against you, that you have left the love you had at first.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2019, 07:11:12 AM »

Saturday, June 29

The Rock, perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice.?—Deut. 32:4

“Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?” (Gen. 18:25) With that question, Abraham expressed confidence that Jehovah would render perfect justice in the case of Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham was convinced that Jehovah would never act unjustly by “putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one.” Such an act was “unthinkable” to Abraham. He could express such confidence because Jehovah is the greatest example of justice and righteousness. In fact, the Hebrew words rendered “justice” and “righteousness” often appear together in the Hebrew Scriptures. Basically, there is no distinction between what is just and what is right. Logically, since Jehovah is the ultimate standard of righteousness, his view of matters will always be just. Further, according to his own written Word, “he loves righteousness and justice.”?—Ps. 33:5.

Deuteronomy 32:4

The Rock, perfect is his activity,+
For all his ways are justice.+
A God of faithfulness+ who is never unjust;+
Righteous and upright is he.+

Genesis 18:25 

It is unthinkable that you would act in this manner by putting the righteous man to death with the wicked one so that the outcome for the righteous man and the wicked is the same!+ It is unthinkable of you.+ Will the Judge of all the earth not do what is right?”+

Psalm 33:5

He loves righteousness and justice.+
The earth is filled with Jehovah’s loyal love.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »

Sunday, June 30

No greater joy do I have than this: that I should hear that my children go on walking in the truth.​—3 John 4.

Parents, your example is essential to start your children on the path to endless life. When your children see you “seeking first the Kingdom,” they learn to depend on Jehovah for their daily needs. (Matt. 6:33, 34) So live modestly. Sacrifice material things for spiritual benefits​—not the other way around. Strive to stay out of debt. Seek “treasure in heaven”​—Jehovah’s approval—​and not riches or “the glory of men.” (Mark 10:21, 22; John 12:43) Never get so busy that you do not have time for your children. Let them know that you are proud of them when they decide to put Jehovah first instead of seeking prestige or riches​—for themselves or for you. Avoid the unchristian view that children should provide their parents with a life of ease. Remember, “children are not expected to save up for their parents, but the parents for their children.”​—2 Cor. 12:14.

3 John 4

No greater joy* do I have than this: that I should hear that my children go on walking in the truth.+

Matthew 6:33, 34 

“Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.+ 34 So never be anxious about the next day,+ for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles.

Mark 10:21, 22

Jesus looked at him and felt love for him and said, “One thing is missing about you: Go, sell what things you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come be my follower.”+ 22 But he grew sad at the answer and went away grieved, for he had many possessions.

John 12:43

for they loved the glory of men even more than the glory of God.*+

2 Corinthians 12:14 

Look! This is the third time I am ready to come to you, and I will not become a burden. For I am seeking, not your possessions,+ but you; for the children+ are not expected to save up for their parents, but the parents for their children.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2019, 09:05:03 AM »

Tuesday, July 2

Keep walking by spirit and you will carry out no fleshly desire at all.?—Gal. 5:16.

If we find that our mind pushes us toward materialistic thinking or fleshly desires, we should not give up. Keep asking for the spirit, and Jehovah will help you to redirect your mental attitude to focus on proper things. (Luke 11:13) Remember the apostle Peter. Several times in his life, he did not respond as a spiritual man should. (Matt. 16:22, 23; Luke 22:34, 54-62; Gal. 2:11-14) But he did not give up. Gradually, with Jehovah’s help, Peter developed Christlike thinking. We can do the same. Peter, in fact, later spelled out specific things we can work on. (2 Pet. 1:5-8) As we “put forth all earnest effort” to develop such qualities as self-control, endurance, and brotherly affection, we will be helped to continue to move ahead as spiritually-minded individuals. Each day, why not ask yourself, ?What can I work on today to progress spiritually?’

Galatians 5:16

But I say, Keep walking by spirit+ and you will carry out no fleshly desire at all.+

Luke 11:13

Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!”+

Matthew 16:22, 23

At this Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying: “Be kind to yourself, Lord; you will not have this happen to you at all.”+ 23 But turning his back,* he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”*+

Luke 22:34

But he said: “I tell you, Peter, a rooster will not crow today until you have denied knowing me three times.”+

Luke 22:54-62

Then they arrested him and led him off,+ and they brought him into the house of the high priest; but Peter was following at a distance.+ 55 When they lit a fire in the middle of the courtyard and sat down together, Peter was sitting among them.+ 56 But a servant girl, seeing him sitting in the light of the fire, looked closely at him and said: “This man was also with him.” 57 But he denied it, saying: “I do not know him, woman.”+ 58 After a short time another person saw him and said: “You too are one of them.” But Peter said: “Man, I am not.”+ 59 And after about an hour had passed, another man began insisting strongly: “Certainly this man was also with him, for he is, in fact, a Gal·i·leʹan!” 60 But Peter said: “Man, I do not know what you are saying.” And instantly, while he was still speaking, a rooster crowed. 61 At this the Lord turned and looked straight at Peter, and Peter recalled the statement of the Lord when he had said to him: “Before a rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.”+ 62 And he went outside and wept bitterly.

Galatians 2:11-14

However, when Ce'phas*+ came to Antioch,+ I resisted* him face-to-face, because he was clearly in the wrong.* 12 For before certain men from James+ arrived, he used to eat with people of the nations;+ but when they arrived, he stopped doing this and separated himself, fearing those of the circumcised class.+ 13 The rest of the Jews also joined him in putting on this pretense,* so that even Bar'na·bas was led along with them in their pretense.* 14 But when I saw that they were not walking in step with the truth of the good news,+ I said to Ce'phas* before them all: “If you, though you are a Jew, live as the nations do and not as Jews do, how can you compel people of the nations to live according to Jewish practice?”+

2 Peter 1:5-8

For this very reason, put forth all earnest effort+ to supply to your faith virtue,+ to your virtue knowledge,+ 6 to your knowledge self-control, to your self-control+ endurance, to your endurance godly devotion,+ 7 to your godly devotion brotherly affection, to your brotherly affection love.+ 8 For if these things exist in you and overflow, they will prevent you from being either inactive or unfruitful*+ regarding the accurate knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2019, 06:51:11 AM »

Wednesday, July 3

I have treasured up his sayings even more than what was required of me.​—Job 23:12.

Job had outstanding insight into godly principles. He truly knew Jehovah, and he acted on that knowledge. Consider: Job knew that he could not profess to love God and at the same time be unkind to his fellow man. (Job 6:14) He did not elevate himself above others but showed brotherly concern for all, rich and poor. “Did not the One who made me in the womb also make them?” he said. (Job 31:13-22) Clearly, Job had not allowed his earlier prestige and wealth to warp his view of himself or others. What a contrast to many of the powerful and wealthy in the world! Job rejected all forms of idolatry​—even in his heart. He knew that false worship, including devotion to material riches, would be a denial of “the true God above.” (Job 31:24-28) He viewed marriage as a sacred bond between a man and a woman. He even made a covenant with his eyes not to look immorally at a virgin.​—Job 31:1.

Job 23:12

I have not departed from the commandment of his lips.
I have treasured up his sayings+ even more than what was required of me.*

Job 6:14

14 Anyone who withholds loyal love from his fellow man+
Will forsake the fear of the Almighty.+

Job 31:13-22

If I denied justice to my male or female servants
When they had a complaint* against me,
14 What can I do when God confronts me?*
What can I answer him when he calls for an accounting?+
15 Did not the One who made me in the womb also make them?+
Was it not the same One who formed us before our birth?*+
16 If I refused to give the poor what they desired+
Or saddened the eyes of the widow;*+
17 If I ate my portion of food alone
Without sharing it with the orphans;+
18 (For from my youth the orphan* grew up with me as though I were his father,
And I have been a guide for the widow* from childhood.*)
19 If I saw anyone perishing for lack of clothing
Or a poor man with nothing to cover himself;+
20 If he* did not bless me+
As he warmed himself with the wool of my sheep;
21 If I shook my fist against the orphan+
When he needed my assistance in the city gate;*+
22 Then let my arm* fall from my shoulder,
And let my arm be broken at the elbow.*

Job 31:24-28

If I put my confidence in gold
Or said to fine gold, ‘You are my security!’+
25 If I found my joy in my great wealth+
Because of the many possessions I acquired;+
26 If I saw the sun* shining
Or the moon moving in its splendor;+
27 And my heart was secretly enticed,
And my mouth kissed my hand in worship of them;+
28 Then that would be an error deserving punishment by the judges,
For I would have denied the true God above.

Job 31:1

“I have made a covenant with my eyes.+
So how could I show improper attention to a virgin?