Author Topic: Tips of the Day  (Read 7842 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Tips of the Day
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 09:48:21 AM »

Buying Locally for a Healthier Taste and Conscience #53

Next time you hit the grocery store, shop around for the best buys that support your own local environment. Check labels and signs of the produce you purchase and make an effort to buy locally grown products. Buying locally means less energy expended to bring food to your table, cutting down on everything from air pollution to the burning of fossil fuels from trucking in cargo. Buying locally also means fresher fruits and vegetables that are healthier for your body and tastier to your taste buds. Fruits and veggies shipped from abroad are usually harvested at least two full weeks before they are ripe so that they donít go rotten during their long voyages on planes and in crates before arriving to your grocer.

By buying from people in your area youíre also supporting the local economy and helping to make your home part of a more sustainable community. If products arenít labeled at your grocery store, talk to the management and let them know you would like to know whether the tomatoes your buying were genetically engineered at some factory or whether they were grown under the same bright skies you wake up to in the morning. By buying locally, not only are you bound for a fresher taste but also for a healthier conscience by making simple decisions that go a long way in protecting all of our environments.

thanks Guest for reading my post

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 08:47:19 AM »

Budget Traveling in Europe - #108

When traveling around Europe with the Eurorail pass, remember traveling at night can save you the expense of a hotel room. Many trains traveling at night also have a car that has beds for this specific reason. Buying a ticket for the sleeper car is alot less expensive than a hostel or a hotel room. Plus, when you wake up you will be in a new city or country not having wasted a day.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 06:51:39 AM »

On Rewards - #5322

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 09:11:08 AM »
Take your Vitamin C #339

The U.S. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute did studies showing that adequate vitamin C can reduce your risk of dying by cancer by 62%. Trying getting the right amount of vitamin c by drinking plenty of O.J. and taking a supplement of it in the mornings.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 10:08:47 AM »

Don't blow it all at once... invest it. #74

Have a difficult time saving? Many Americans can expect a tax refund this year. If you will be receiving a refund, consider investing the amount instead of just spending it all on fun, luxury items. Look into your 401k or paying back some debt. You'll appreciate it in the long run.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 07:35:25 AM »

Listen, Listen, Listen... #77

In our time-starved society, attentiveness and listening skills seem to have fallen to the wayside. In order to make those with whom you communicate feel important, brush up on your listening skills. Make sure to give the speaker your undivided attention: regardless of how great you are at multi-tasking, treating an individual as a "task" is not a good idea. Eye-contact, nodding in agreement, asking leading questions and using your face to provide feedback also contribute to a positive communication experience that will foster the growth of the relationship.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 07:59:12 AM »

Building Endurance #140

If you want to walk or jog for longer periods of time without getting fatigued, continue with a weight-lifting routine. Lifting weights not only builds strong muscles, but also can improve your aerobic capacity. Improving your aerobic endurance level will enable you to walk, bike, swim, or jog for longer periods of time before exhausting yourself.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2016, 06:51:02 AM »

Cleaning Dishwasher #3012

Is the interior of your dishwasher looking blue or brown? Just fill the detergent dispenser with "Tang"(the powdered orange drink) and ran the dishwasher through a full cycle; at the end of the cycle it will look brand-new.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 07:59:43 AM »

Living Happily #1583

A perfect marriage isnít one thatís problem-free, itís one that manages and solves problems wisely.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 08:18:57 AM »

Add Fitness to your Daily Routine. #716

If you find you can't devote enough time to getting in shape as you would like, there are still plenty of ways you can keep your body active while going about your normal routine. Try to use stairways instead of elevators whenever possible. If you can walk there or take a bike, let your body burn energy instead of taking your car. If you are driving, instead of wasting time looking for a good spot, park further away and walk a couple extra blocks. Turn your housework into a fitness challenge: Sweep and mop using as much energy as possible, exaggerating your arm movements. Fold your clothes and do a couple sets of squats at the same time. Whatever you're doing try and incorporate in some sort of routine that gets your muscles working and heart rate moving. And if you absolutely can't miss your favorite show on TV, try doing some sit-ups and push-ups while you watch or during commercials.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 07:51:32 AM »

Cool, clean water #653

This one is almost too easy. Drinking five glasses of water a day can reduce your chances of getting a heart attack by 50%. Other fluids like juice, tea, or milk won't do it, your body needs water. Remember, water keeps your body hydrated, which allows your kidneys to function properly, your stomach to digest, it keeps your joints lubricated, your lungs breathing, your temperature warm, and your body to feel energized and alive. If youíre feeling lethargic or have a headache, itís a good possibility that you're just dehydrated. It's your body reminding you to go get a glass of water.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 07:11:09 AM »

Internet scams move to social media #5987

Our inboxes get bombarded by spam and scams every day, and if that wasn't enough, now the scammers have moved their game to social media websites, like Facebook. Hackers can enter someone's profile and send a plea to all their friends asking for money which is then wired to the hacker without the user ever knowing about it. If someone posts or sends you a message asking for money, contact them directly through telephone to alert them first. Be careful in choosing your "friends" and update your privacy settings so that you limit what information is available to others. You can change settings to give lesser acquaintances a "limited" access to your profile. And report any suspicious behavior to website administrators so they can respond and create more safeguards.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2016, 07:34:39 AM »

THE WRONG END OF THE BULL #2969

In the latter stages of a bull-market, the market is most characterized by bull.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2016, 08:26:42 AM »

I knew #448

They say that you never know what you have until you lose it. This is not true, you know what you have; losing it is what makes you appreciate it.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 09:48:03 AM »

Childīs Menu #291

When traveling with children, call the airline 24 hours in advance to request a special childrenīs meal for the flight. The end result is that your child is more likely to eat the meal on the plane and not complain that he/she does not like it