Author Topic: We pay more taxs then we spend on all the other things  (Read 1818 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
We pay more taxs then we spend on all the other things
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:05:36 AM »

By April 21, to group says, Americans will have made enough to pay the $3 trillion in federal taxes and $1.5 trillion in state taxes more than they will spend on food clothing and housing combined.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/tax-freedom-day-falls-three-days-later-this-year/#ixzz2yImi5Egr

I though one of the things this country was started on was not paying taxs

thanks Guest for reading my post

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
Re: We pay more taxs then we spend on all the other things
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 09:11:19 AM »
excessive taxes. 

Offline lowdown

• Redneck Liberal
Re: We pay more taxs then we spend on all the other things
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »
Actually the country was started on having to pay taxes without any representation in Parliament.

While the conservatives will slurp this article down like a soda pop, I shoulda said, "take at face value", the more discerning among us, would like a little more in depth analysis.  Besides seeming ludicrous at the outset, the study includes corporate taxes, realizing that the Right really, really believes that corporations are actual humans, except that corporations deserve more compassion, they aren't and shouldn't be included in this study.  In other words, the study started skewed to get the results they wanted.  Who would have thought it of the Right.  But even skewed, the premise of the article is just wrong.

There are people, a few, who do pay more in taxes than food, clothing and shelter, but don't feel sorry for them, Koch brothers, the Walton kids, et al, unless you're a Fox "News" watcher, then, "Oh, those poor, poor babies!  Obama's is taking all their money, leaving them to starve on the streets so he can fly, first class, his muslim, terrorist buddies here to kill all the conservative, white Christians except their daughters, to whom they will convert and do unspeakable things to  and burn all our churches!!!  Oh, I'm getting the vapors just thinking about it!  Hurry, we must pray to our Lord and Savior, Ronald Reagan, to save us!"

Hope you enjoyed that as much as I enjoyed writing it, but I forgot what I was supposed to be writing about.  I believe I could write copy for Fox "News".

Anyway, Bottom line is that it is simply not true for 60% of us and I would guess more, but I'm too sleepy to do the work to prove it.  And the 60% that don't pay more in taxes than everything else is the most important segment of the country.  It's the working class, the actual generator of our economy, because almost all their money goes right back into the economy, not the Cayman Islands (Mitt).

Here's Politifact's not nearly well enough done, low information debunking of this crap.

Households earning $114,484 or more -- a group that includes households most likely to pay more in taxes than in the three basic necessities -- account for just one-fifth of the population. By contrast, households earning less than $66,998 -- which include many households that will pay more for the necessities than for taxes -- account for 60 percent of the population.
  http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/apr/23/tax-foundation/do-americans-pay-more-taxes-food-clothing-and-hous/