STUMPBURNER

collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Spiders: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Survey: U.S. sees sharpest health insurance premium increases in years  (Read 2498 times)

Online beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner

Survey: U.S. sees sharpest health insurance premium increases in years

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/survey-u-s-sees-sharpest-health-insurance-premium-increases-in-years/#ixzz2yInfRd7E

$$$ That all it is about. It is plain sickening

thanks Guest for reading my post

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
Yes, Then they'll have the gall to say we cost to much so can't help you.  People will die.  When I first heard about national healthcare.  I thought it would be great.  Everybody would be covered no more begging for money to cover medical costs, no more doing with out because nobody had the money for more then one to be sick at the same time.  A dignity that wasn't there before.  An a value of human life instead of lip service to it.  It hasn't worked out that way.  Far from it.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
They try it make excuses to raise premiums every year. This time its Obama Care so they are charging more cause they don't like it and hope people will fight against it.

Online beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner

OK! I can see a comp. ( insur, or any others ) charging enough to make a profit. But why can't they keep it down, where ever one would want to buy it and they can still make $

thanks Guest for reading my post

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
Greed...

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
Share Holders. 

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
Same. LOL

Offline Ronald

• Administrator
  • The Rebel
Obama Care would be a great insurance for the people of America, if the US Government would control the  Insurance Companies..
These Insurance Co.'s, are way to powerful and are supported by the Rep. Party..who do not want the American public to enjoy Health Insurance with out paying through the nose for it..Otherwards these Ins. Co.'s are dictating what coverage they'll give and what they'll pay for, this is not fair practice..

The US has far to many Insurance Co.'s and the vast majority of them should be closed..

Being a Canadian I enjoy the benefits of a Government sponsored Health Insurance plan almost similar to the Obama Plan..

I have no problems with co-pay or paying any premiums, it is paid for us.. The way it's paid for is through what they call a 'sin tax' lottery tickets, sales of tobacco, sales of booze, etc..

We do have third party insurance companies if you want to add further coverage like a hospital private room

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
I have to agree with ya, Ron.

Offline lowdown

• Redneck Liberal
Re: Survey: U.S. sees sharpest health insurance premium increases in years
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 08:38:18 PM »
  Survey: U.S. sees sharpest health insurance premium increases in years

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/07/survey-u-s-sees-sharpest-health-insurance-premium-increases-in-years/#ixzz2yInfRd7E

$$$ That all it is about. It is plain sickening

Well, first of all, your source and your source's source are right wing crap.

Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller and Forbes, really?

Let's inject a few facts, yeah, yeah I know that facts have a well known liberal bias.

Health insurance costs are skyrocketing under Obamacare, Republican Party says

We rate the claim Mostly False.
  http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2014/sep/29/republican-party-florida/health-insurance-costs-are-skyrocketing-under-obam/

And what's even worse is that there are working class families that now have health care coverage that weren't able to have it before.  Imagine that, wasting money on the takers instead of giving it to the obscenely rich.  The Tea Party's anus puckers.

As Gallup previously reported, the states that chose to expand Medicaid and set up their own health exchanges had a lower uninsured rate to begin with: 16.1% compared with 18.7% for the remaining states -- a difference of 2.6 percentage points. The already notable gap between the two groups of states widened through the first quarter to 4.3 points, as states that have implemented these core mechanisms of the Affordable Care Act reduced their uninsured rates three times more than states that did not implement these core mechanisms.
  http://www.gallup.com/poll/174290/arkansas-kentucky-report-sharpest-drops-uninsured-rate.aspx

Excellent comments on this thread, however the ACA is just a half-assed interim fix for the real problem.  Until we do away with our "For Profit" health care system and adopt a universal health care system we will continue to pay more than anyone else in the world http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.XPD.PCAP for a pretty crappy health care system.  http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp0910064

But then, it's all about making sure the wealthiest get even wealthier.  (Conservatives get a warm fuzzy feeling)

Copyright © STUMPBURNER