Author Topic: Geneva  (Read 7100 times)

Geneva

Geneva
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »
I have been busy. And finally doing something I want to do for a change. And not worry about what hubby says!!! Lately we haven't been getting along.

I recently watched Twilight. I love that movie.
My daughter got me into reading the Twilight saga books.
I read them all. 4 thick books in about a week. Written by Stephenie Meyer
1. Twilight
2. New Moon
3. Eclips
4. Breaking Dawn

I love reading. I have never read before.
I am on the 4th book for the 2nd time around! I am a fast reader I found out. About finished with the 4th book, and almost ready to start with the first one again for the 3rd time.
I never liked reading before! Strangely funny!
I love reading now!!!
Thought I would check in and let you all know I am doing great!

So if anyone out there reads, and would recomend books for me to read I would love that.

I am hardly on the computer much any more. Danny is on it from the time he wakes up daily til he goes to bed at night playing pogo. SO I try to get up early and beat him to the computer. LOL

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
Re: Geneva
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:16:20 AM »
I used to read alot.  My favorite was Kathleen Woodwiss " The Wolf and the Dove"

body part Franis
Alister McClane

Geneva

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:09:09 PM »
I'll have to get them and read them.

Offline BEE

• Stardom
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:15:19 PM »
There was a suggested book over on the Religion board.  Sounds like a good one!

Glad you are finally taking some time to yourself.  It's summer, kids are out of school all day and night.  You work.  You should be able to get on the computer when it is convenient for YOU.  :) :)  I mean there are only so many hours in a day, and now that you're reading TOOOOOOOOO, that doesn't leave much time for us if they won't share the puter with ya.  :(

Hugz!

Geneva

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 05:07:50 PM »
I read when I can. I try to take the computer when no one is on it. Which is hardly. Thats why I took up reading.
I bought "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer. I haven't read it yet. Looking forward to it.

I just quit cleaning our church. It got to be too much. They added to the list, and takes me longer, and they got a new lady to be my boss, and she calls everytime I clean that I missed something like it was a bad thing. I am one who takes it to heart. And I couldn't do it anymore. Becides, I was always at the chuch as it is. So I quit today. Just got too much on my plate! Kids start school in August here. I'll have so much time on my hands then, because my youngest starts kindergarten!

Offline BEE

• Stardom
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 09:17:43 PM »
You do what you think you need to do whenever and however when something needs doing.  :D

Glad you are gonna have some time for YOU.  :D :D

Geneva

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 09:55:39 PM »
Checking in....Been busy. With so many web forums and stuff to visit. I try to get on each and everyone.....Between myspace, facebook, my email, and this one here which I miss....Ha, trying to get someone off the computer long enough to get on. We have 2 computers!!!!! (one is so slow, its not worth getting on it....) Danny (hubby) is on the fast one all day, then my 2 older kids are on it all night til morning.....No wonder I don't get on. I am lucky to be on now....

I hardly get on much. And its been a while! Thought I would drop in and say Hello!

What I am doing lately for those who are interested in reading:

A week or so ago we had our church Vacation Bible School. I volunteered as a pre-k teacher/helper. Had a blast! 500+ kids showed up, 200+ were saved!

Just yesterday (Sunday night) our church had a baptizm at our major pool from 8pm - 10pm. We got to swim. The water was warm, but when we got out, the wind was blowing a little so I got cold!

My oldest daughter's birthday is coming up on Wednesday, she is turning 15! And going to start 10th grade in high school. She is wanting to become an actress. So she will go to Jr. Collage here a few years, then move to Los Angeles California and go to UCLA!

School starts here soon. My youngest will start Kindergarten. All 3 kids will be in school, so my day time will be quiet. Maybe the house will stay cleaner then. They won't be home making a mess all the time!

Thats about it for now....Talk to you all later.

Offline RustyBarnacle

• Webmaster
    • IBMers First
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:31:53 PM »
One series I highly recommend is the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind if you're interested in a little fantasy.  Wizards first rule is the first book.

In the middle of the series it some hard shots at communism which I kinda enjoyed and at the end of the series it takes some major shots at Christianity, but its all about how how you look at things I suppose.  I still really enjoyed most of them.
Senior IT Professional

People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use.

Starbright

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »
Good to hear from YOU Geneva...I miss you when you are gone for awhile...

You add a lot to the board and I hope you will have MORE time to join us.. :)

Geneva

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »
Oh my gosh!!!! All of my kids are in school! The house sure is quiet. And it is staying clean for a change!!!! LOL. Its easier to clean too! Now just have to deal with hubby! LOL! He is on the computer all the time, so it is really quiet! I'm bored!!!!!! :D

Nothing new is going on here. I am on facebook alot lately! Found some friends I went to school with, and catching up with them! If you have a facebook look me up. Search for Geneva Bigham Hunter! Trying to start to get back on here daily again! Since I have nothing else to do!!!!

.....My youngest daughter started kindergarden. She cries every day I drop her off for school. And she has been going since last Tuesday August 18th. I know she loves school. Just the separation is hard on her. I pray she gets over it soon. When she cries, I cry! But I know she is ok.

Starbright

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 01:21:17 PM »
Good to see you back Geneva....and YES starting to school is sometimes hard on kids but she will get use to it soon hopefully...

Make that hubby share the Computer with you so you can keep us informed in how things are with you....

Offline BEE

• Stardom
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 10:11:42 PM »
Tell that baby we want her to go to school and learn to read and spell and type so she can grow up and type to us on the Stump!!!  It's the future generation that will keep us alive.

Love ya!!

Geneva

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2009, 10:39:46 PM »
Thank you both for the posts....Well today "FRIDAY" my little one didn't cry! YEAH!!!! =D   We will see how she acts when she has to go back on Monday?!?!?!

Had a football game at the high school tonight against Roswell. I think. LOL hummmm.

Anywho....Our church put on an after party for 7-12 graders and I am waiting for a phone call to go pick up my daughter, niece, nephew, and niece's friend and take them home! Thought I would get on a few and jot down a few words to you all. Looking forward to the new chat part. I just noticed it tonight....CHOW!!!

Geneva

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »
School is getting much easier and better on my little one....Darlynn just loves school now! Took some time for her to get used to it.....

I got hooked on a game....Thats why I haven't been here.....I try to leave a post when I can......
Called Yoville
On facebook, myspace, and tagged!
Chat with people, meet new people. I have a blast.

I'll check back in soon!!!
(((((HUGS)))))

Offline BEE

• Stardom
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 09:55:15 PM »
{{{HUGZ}}} back atcha!!

Have you tried out our new chat board and/or arcade, Geneva?

Hope to see you there!  It will be a couple of weeks before I'm on chat.  I have enough time to get online, check things out, get offline and go take care of business.  But soon I will be hooked up to my puter every night and weekends and will be here more.

Glad the baby likes school!!!