STUMPBURNER

collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 44
  • Dot Spiders: 3
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Google
  • user Baidu (2)

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Do you still have your first Craft Project stashed somewhere. Why not post a pic  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
of your first project, and a pic to show how much you have improved. 

Carolyn

Thanks everyone for being patient with me.....I deleted my two posts in this thread, whilst I went looking through old photographs.

I wanted to post the actual picture of the the macrame' hanging merry-go-round, swag lamp......that I had made for my neice's baby shower.  I couldn't find it......so I am posting the similar photo again.

The one I made was larger, and powder blue and white, with the same colour ceramic ponies on it.  hahaha......and mine was prettier.

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
I was in girl scouts.  They gave you some fabric and yarn to sew a fish.  Mom kept it for the longest time.  That was my very first sewing project.  Started my granddaughter on the same thing I'll see if I can find it. 

Got several projects started never finished any yet, but they are close to finished.

Carolyn

Again, my apologies.......I deleted this post in hopes of finding a photograph of my daughter's twin bed coverlettes and shams, that her Nanny quilted for her.....with violet pansies on.

Also I was hoping to find a snapshot of my quilt with the ladies holding their parasols......in different shades and designs of gingham.

One day I must figure out how to use my digital camera......because, those photos, that I've been searching for, are just no where to be found.....at least not today.

Amy

Oh wow, you girls are so talented.  I used to crochet when I was in my 20's and 30's, but I let it go.  I learned to knit so I could do scarves for the homeless one year as we were going to pass out hats and scarves.  A few of us women got together.  They did the hats, I wasn't experienced enough to do that, but I made some colorful scarves with fringes on them.

I also painted a rock and a church from rocks I picked up down a dirt road, I have a picture of it somewhere.  I copied it from a picture I got off the net and now I use it as a door stop (that's the cat), the church went to my friend Kay as she fell in love with it and I spent this Christmas with her.  She uses it as a door stop also.

It is a lot of fun painting rocks and cheap.  :laugh:

Carolyn

Goodness gracious Amy......knitting scarves with fingers in sure takes talent.....even more so than toques.  welldone

Kaicey also paints rocks and has completed some very beautiful ones.

Wish you and I had some piccies to add to this thread, showing our various talents.......winkin'

Amy

I have never seen a scarf with fingers in it Carolyn, hahahaha.

But I am sure it would take some talent alright.

My scarves just had fringes....... sniker

Amy

I have some rock pictures I can add.....but I am too sick and tired to look for them right now.

I swear this is the worse cold I ever had, now I hear on the news we are going to get the Norovirus (aka Norwalk Virus). 

My gosh, they are trying to kill us eh?

Carolyn

I have some rock pictures I can add.....but I am too sick and tired to look for them right now.

I swear this is the worse cold I ever had, now I hear on the news we are going to get the Norovirus (aka Norwalk Virus). 

My gosh, they are trying to kill us eh?

I will tie a piece of string around MY finger so YOU won't forget to look for those rock piccies when you're well again.   4_1_72

Yes Amy......I just heard about the Norwalk virus also.  What the heck?  I am going to pull my blinds and lock my door until spring comes...... :help

Amy

Actually it is the NoroVirus, but people had renamed it Norwalk. The doctors call it NoroVirus.

Copyright © STUMPBURNER