STUMPBURNER

collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 45
  • Dot Spiders: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Google
  • user Baidu (4)

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Computer Question  (Read 2281 times)

Offline toomuchtv

Computer Question
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:15:46 PM »
I have a tablet and it is simply not user friendly, in my opinion.  I don't think I  would like an i Pad either.  I think what I really want is a small lap top.  Is the smallest one available 10.1?  Can it have Excel so I can write letters and use my spread sheet?   :crazy2:

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Computer Question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:08:16 AM »

Here is 2 replys I got from a diff forum

From gater hunter

my wife bought a ASUS 11.6 with 320gb hard drive doe about 350 about 8 month ago and she has not had any problem with it. She has windows 7 starter, but you can upgrade them to home, I'm sure they probably come with windows 8 now. you can put MS office on them, only bad thing is they dont have a CD drive, so if you need to use a CD, u will have to buy a external drive. there is not much differance with the mini other than, when you get my age u need to have your glasses on to read it.

I plan to buy me a mini this summer, since I travel a lot.

From Skhilled 

Beast, tablets and laptops are different animals. Laptops are small and portable PC's with harddrives, etc. like a desktop PC.

Tablets, do not have a lot of power or space on them. They are basically for portable devices for surfing the net and doing small tasks. You can then upload any info to your PC later. If you want one and plan to store a lot of things on it, I suggest you get one with removable sd cards. This way you can buy separate sd cards to store things on them which will temporarily increase your storage. But they are mostly for portability more than using one for storage like a laptop or your PC does.

Does that help you any?  Beard

thanks Guest for reading my post

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Ronald

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:52:21 AM »
Laptops are OK if this is what you like, and a lot of people like and use them.

I have a 17.5 inch laptop, and I hardly ever use it, stand by purposes..

I love my desktop, windows 7 and the monitor is 25 inches across, can't beat this..I have three desktops...

The computer prices are now within reach of the average person.. My last desktop ran me around $500.00 and the monitor about #150.00

For this price you can't go wrong..You an pick up a decent Laptop for less. Try  Wal-Mart store or a Staples or Office Depot even Best Buy or for mail order try Tiger Direct   http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/guidedSearch.asp?CatId=17&sel=Price%3BPrice5

You may even look for a rebuilt laptop, I think Best Buy and Staples carry them..

Offline toomuchtv

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:28:55 PM »
I love my lap tops.  I would simply like one small enough to carry in my purse.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:36:26 PM »

Look here and see what you can find

http://www.tigerdirect.com  Beard

Ronald

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:23:29 PM »
I love my lap tops.  I would simply like one small enough to carry in my purse.

Get  yourself a Tablet. there small and are wireless. You can hook up to WiFi or a wireless modem.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 06:58:53 AM »

Here is what NerdBoy said about it

Don't care for tablets myself overpriced for what you can do with them not really fond of netbooks either but if forced to choose I would take the netbook.  Beard

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:43 AM »
They do not make laptops or netbooks that small yet. Especially since they are making so much money off the tablets.

Copyright © STUMPBURNER