Author Topic: Hats and scarves!  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Denise S

• How did I get old so fast?
    • Hooked on Crochet
Hats and scarves!
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:34:38 AM »
Baby it's cold outside!!!I do make men's/boy's hats and scarves, but here's a sample of the women's!!

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Hats and scarves!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 08:41:57 AM »

I could of used a warm scarf the last few days

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »
How much do you charge for your work?

Ronald

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 01:34:31 PM »
Den.. very nice work, you do a great job at making these..

Nothing like a nice warm scarf in a cold chilly day..

Offline Denise S

• Hooked on Crochet
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »
I charge $6.00 for each (shipping included)or if you get 2 items, $10.00, shipping included.

Amy

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 01:10:30 PM »
Denise,t hey are really nice and you certainly don't overcharge considering the shipping is included.  You hardly get anything for your work, my goodness.

I learned to knit a few years ago because I was working with the homeless shelter and we were knitting for them.  I could only do the scarves as I was just a learner, but it was fun.

Offline Denise S

• Hooked on Crochet
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »
You know I thought the prices were high (I was charging $10.00 per item without shipping), so I lowered them, because seems everyone would rather have them off the rack like at Walmart, and wasn't getting any sold at the craft fairs, so that's why I lowered them. They do sell, but still have to do alittle more "creative" things that people won't find at Walmart! More embellishments also...

Offline Denise S

• Hooked on Crochet
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 04:01:02 PM »
When I first started a couple years ago, I made 9 scarves, all for the family members for Christmas, then started on hats. I have such a high regard for the City of Hope, they gave me my mama 7 more years of life, so when I started on the beanies, I made 16 of them, and donated them to the City of Hope. When she and I would go for her tests, I would see these children with little bald heads, and masks going in for treatment. But you know I always saw a smile through their eyes, no matter what they were going through.  I made small to medium beanies for them, just to say thank you..

Amy

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 07:33:10 PM »
Hi Denise,

I wish I was a knitter of more than just scarves, but I would have to have someone teach me.  I would like to be able to knit something.  I'll explain it.  I used to have some but I lost one at the hospital.  It was an old pair of warm socks, then someone knitted up from the elastic part round and round right up to the knee and over it, with an elastic top.  My legs from the knees down are always cold and I loved those and had them for years.  I wore them to bed at night on the cold and damp nights.

Offline Denise S

• Hooked on Crochet
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 07:19:25 AM »
That was a good idea. I don't knit, but you know there is a crocheter online that I use to do more than scarves. She's great at her video's. If you look up "Crochet Geek", you'll see she even has beginning stitches, everything. I'll bet there's a video for "leg warmers/socks"...

Amy

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 02:06:51 PM »
Thanks Denise :)

Carolyn

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2013, 12:15:36 AM »
Hi ladies......I use to knit eons ago when I was expecting my first baby.  My aunt taught me......and at that time I have all the time in the world and qwite enjoyed doing it. :)

Then when I was expecting my second baby......I thought that I would just carry on and do some more knitting.  WRONG......I was just so darn tired from running after the first child, that when the evening came, I just wanted to chill out and relax.  LOL

Offline BEE

• Stardom
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
That is very reasonable, pretty and unique!!