collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Spiders: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Google
  • user Baidu

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Working on Something?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Working on Something?
« on: October 13, 2012, 05:33:56 AM »

If you are working on something. There are members that more then likely have done it and could give you some good advise, or show you some short cuts
  Or just let us know where we can follow alone and watch you create something with your own hands

thanks Guest for reading my post

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Ronald

Re: Working on Something?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »
This is one of my projects. I make the odd walking cane, and someday I am going to make myself a fancy one.

The link shows Videos and written instructions..

How to Make a Wood Walking CaneLink: http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_5299_make-wood-walking-cane.html

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 06:36:42 PM »
Going to try to train one of my dogs for a hearing dog.  I think the best dog for the job will be my daughter and son in laws lab.  But will try one of mine that I think has some of the smarts needed.

Ronald

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 07:42:21 PM »
Going to try to train one of my dogs for a hearing dog.  I think the best dog for the job will be my daughter and son in laws lab.  But will try one of mine that I think has some of the smarts needed.

Kath just what is a Hearing Dog. Sorry I have never heard of this until your post.

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »
It's a dog that tells you when someone has rung the doorbell, phone rings, alarm clock goes off.  Tells you when unusual noises have occurred, such as smoke alarm, baby cries.  Someone has come up on the property.  Things of that natural.  They can also be taught to help you cross the road and stuff, like tell you a car is coming up behind you.

Ronald

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 12:47:23 PM »
It's a dog that tells you when someone has rung the doorbell, phone rings, alarm clock goes off.  Tells you when unusual noises have occurred, such as smoke alarm, baby cries.  Someone has come up on the property.  Things of that natural.  They can also be taught to help you cross the road and stuff, like tell you a car is coming up behind you.
Thats great, never knew that was around..so are you going to trian the dog for this..
My dog lets me know when anything goes on around my place.. Except a bedtime, he sleeps and snoors, and if a burglar were to come in, this dog would just keep sleeping..
Ron..

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 12:52:54 PM »

I got 3 just about like that. sniker

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 06:16:02 AM »

That too me would be a real fulfilling quest. When you start this, let us know, and keep us updated on the progress you are making. I can see where a dog like that would really help a lot of people out
  I'm saying this because I was told that I will be completely death in not too many more years. IF I live that long  sniker I'm wearing hearing aids in both ears now.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 05:17:48 AM »
This is one of my projects. I make the odd walking cane, and someday I am going to make myself a fancy one.

How to Make a Wood Walking CaneLink: http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_5299_make-wood-walking-cane.html

Ron, you should talk to Ken. He is good at doing those things and has a shop in his basement. He is retired and loves making things out of tree stumps, etc. He's a staff member at TP and his forum is here:

http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/FamilyForum/index.php?action=forum

I'll let him know you are coming so he'll let you in...closed forum for family and friends. Unless I see you've registered first then I'll let you in.

Ronald

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »

Ron, you should talk to Ken. He is good at doing those things and has a shop in his basement. He is retired and loves making things out of tree stumps, etc. He's a staff member at TP and his forum is here:

http://www.ourfamilyforum.org/FamilyForum/index.php?action=forum

I'll let him know you are coming so he'll let you in...closed forum for family and friends. Unless I see you've registered first then I'll let you in.

Tried: Sorry, registration is currently disabled. Sign me up then send me info..
Ron..

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 06:50:18 AM »
Hmmm, I forgot to tell Ken about this...been too busy with themes.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 08:23:01 PM »

How about it Katherine? You made any progress on training your dogs?