collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Spiders: 1
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Baidu

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Window 7  (Read 3017 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Window 7
« on: November 18, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
  I do not like it at all. Won't run some of the older programs

:D ;D
thanks Guest for reading my post

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Offline Cheryl Heiers

• Dreamer
  • Blessings
    • Leflore Horse and Livestock
Re: Window 7
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »
My son seems to like it.  He's the only one who has gotten a new computer and had it installed.

mudbug

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:17:26 AM »
it's better than that crappy vista!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mark

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:12:35 PM »
I didnt like windows 7 either.  Everytime  i tried to close a page my laptop wouldnt close it. had to hit close many time for anything to happen.  I installed google chrome and havent had a problem since.

onlineguest1

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »
try windows vienna

its xp with a win7 interface

Offline Kingfan

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 06:35:10 PM »
Love my Windows 7 but didn't like it at first. Still mad at Microsoft for not supporting their Microsoft Streets and Trips gps with it.

du1stin8

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 11:12:46 PM »
Down with Microsoft lol.  I am now officially a Linux user I love Ubuntu but if i had a computer with 521 mb memory i would be a Kubuntu user.  The fact that it has so much support from the community is awesome.  I love not having to worry about viruses, worms, spy-ware and malware.  It has a software center with hundreds of free software.  The only downfall with Linux is game developers are being slow to make there games Linux compatible, but they do have a program called wine which will emulate windows for installing games.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 07:11:18 AM »
  With all the fixes they have on window 7 now, I really like it. When it first came out. It wasn't any good at all in my opinion

thanks Guest for reading my post

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Bill

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 08:33:01 PM »
I have Windows 7 and I still do not like it.  It will not let you use many old programs but yet you can buy them and very expensive.  I was using XP and I liked it.  I had several programs from 98 that worked great on XP but not on 7......... not sure I will ever like it.

Offline Tyrsson

• Burning Stumps!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 05:54:03 PM »
Down with Microsoft lol.  I am now officially a Linux user I love Ubuntu but if i had a computer with 521 mb memory i would be a Kubuntu user.  The fact that it has so much support from the community is awesome.  I love not having to worry about viruses, worms, spy-ware and malware.  It has a software center with hundreds of free software.  The only downfall with Linux is game developers are being slow to make there games Linux compatible, but they do have a program called wine which will emulate windows for installing games.
^^ I agree 100% with the above, I use it both in php/MySQL and for server setups. And believe it or not most of the *new* security checks in win7 actually was born of the Linux movement.
  I do not like it at all. Won't run some of the older programs

You can always run the XP (which I have not had a problem with anything that will run on XP myself) 98 or 2000 in a virtual machine and load the program there, well as long as you have the memory resources to handle it ;)

du1stin8

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 02:15:24 AM »
Yea if your a person that only use there computer for surfing the net, playing Internet browser games, running a server, or office stuff Ubuntu or Linux in general is the best OS you can get.  In my opinion it runs so much faster then Windows it books up/down faster then Windows.  I like the fact if you have Windows you can install Ubuntu right next to Windows.  If anyone was interested in seeing what Ubuntu is like you can download it at http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download and burn it to a CD or a USB drive then you can run what is called a live CD in which you don't have to install it to try it.

Offline Tyrsson

• Burning Stumps!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 07:02:28 AM »
And you can also run Ubuntu in a virtual machine within vmware player and not have to alter your boot record ;)

du1stin8

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 10:46:59 AM »
if windows is installed first though the boot record wouldn't be a problem.

Offline BEE

• Stardom
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2011, 01:51:02 PM »
ya'll are talkin yiddish to me

Offline Tyrsson

• Burning Stumps!
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »
if windows is installed first though the boot record wouldn't be a problem.
Regardless of which OS is first installed the boot record is still altered, as windows is then bootstrapped by GRUB which will load any number of OS's. Nix will not bootstrap from the windows loader ;) or vice-versa, which is why GRUB is used =)