collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Spiders: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Baidu (2)

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Daily Scriptures / Re: Daily Scriptures
« Last post by beast on Yesterday at 07:09:56 AM »

Saturday, February 24

Hold your servant back from presumptuous acts.​—Ps. 19:13.
What are “presumptuous acts”? By definition, when someone rashly or impertinently does something that he is not authorized to do, he is acting presumptuously. Because of inherited sin, we all act presumptuously at times. But as King Saul’s example illustrates, if we develop a pattern of pushing ahead, sooner or later we will find ourselves in serious trouble with God. Psalm 119:21 says of Jehovah: “You rebuke the presumptuous.” Why is that? Presumptuous acts are more serious than innocent mistakes. First, when we act immodestly, we fail to honor Jehovah as our rightful Sovereign. Second, if we act beyond the scope of our authority, we are likely to get into conflict with others. (Prov. 13:10) And third, when it becomes clear that we have acted presumptuously, we may be embarrassed or even humiliated. (Luke 14:8, 9) Presumptuous acts do not turn out well. As the Scriptures show, modesty is always the right course.

Saturday, February 24

Hold your servant back from presumptuous acts.​—Ps. 19:13.

Psalm 19:13
Study Bible
And hold your servant back from presumptuous acts;+
Do not let them dominate me.+
Then I will be complete,+
And innocent of blatant sins.*

What are “presumptuous acts”? By definition, when someone rashly or impertinently does something that he is not authorized to do, he is acting presumptuously. Because of inherited sin, we all act presumptuously at times. But as King Saul’s example illustrates, if we develop a pattern of pushing ahead, sooner or later we will find ourselves in serious trouble with God. Psalm 119:21

Psalm 119:21
Study Bible
You rebuke the presumptuous,
The cursed ones who stray from your commandments.+

says of Jehovah: “You rebuke the presumptuous.” Why is that? Presumptuous acts are more serious than innocent mistakes. First, when we act immodestly, we fail to honor Jehovah as our rightful Sovereign. Second, if we act beyond the scope of our authority, we are likely to get into conflict with others. (Prov. 13:10)

Proverbs 13:10
Study Bible
Presumptuousness leads only to strife,+
But wisdom belongs to those who seek advice.*+

And third, when it becomes clear that we have acted presumptuously, we may be embarrassed or even humiliated. (Luke 14:8, 9)

Luke 14:8, 9
Study Bible
“When you are invited by someone to a marriage feast, do not recline in the most prominent place.+ Perhaps someone more distinguished than you may also have been invited. 9 Then the one who invited you both will come and say to you, ‘Let this man have your place.’ Then you will proceed with shame to take the lowest place.

Presumptuous acts do not turn out well. As the Scriptures show, modesty is always the right course.

With being humble, you set at the back to give all others the better seats in the front. Then the one who invited you comes and say. We have a seat up front for you. Is this not better then being ask too move to the back?

« Last post by beast on February 23, 2018, 08:17:33 AM »

Friday, February 23

I have sinned against Jehovah.​—2 Sam. 12:13.
David accepted correction from Jehovah’s representative, the prophet Nathan. David also prayed to Jehovah, confessing his sins and expressing a sincere desire to be restored to Jehovah’s favor. (Ps. 51:1-17) Instead of being paralyzed by guilt, David learned from his mistakes. Indeed, he never repeated those serious sins. Years later, he died faithful, his record of integrity firmly sealed in Jehovah’s memory. (Heb. 11:32-34) What can we learn from David’s example? If we fall into serious sin, we need to repent sincerely and seek Jehovah’s forgiveness. We must confess our sins to him. (1 John 1:9) We also need to approach the elders, who can offer us spiritual help. (Jas. 5:14-16) By availing ourselves of Jehovah’s arrangements, we show that we trust in his promise to heal and forgive us. Thereafter, we do well to learn from our mistakes, move forward in our service to Jehovah, and look to the future with confidence.​—Heb. 12:12, 13.

Friday, February 23

I have sinned against Jehovah.​—2 Sam. 12:13.

2 Samuel 12:13
Study Bible
David then said to Nathan: “I have sinned against Jehovah.”+ Nathan replied to David: “Jehovah, in turn, forgives your sin.*+ You will not die.+

David accepted correction from Jehovah’s representative, the prophet Nathan. David also prayed to Jehovah, confessing his sins and expressing a sincere desire to be restored to Jehovah’s favor. (Ps. 51:1-17)

Psalm 51:1-17
Study Bible
Show me favor, O God, according to your loyal love.+
Blot out my transgressions according to your great mercy.+
 2 Thoroughly wash me from my error,+
And cleanse me from my sin.+
 3 For I am well-aware of my transgressions,
And my sin is always before me.*+
4 Against you—you above all*—I have sinned;+
What is bad in your eyes I have done.+
Therefore, you are righteous when you speak,
You are right in your judgment.+
5 Look! I was born guilty of error,
And my mother conceived me in sin.*+
 6 Look! You find pleasure in truth in the inner person;+
Teach my innermost self* true wisdom.
 7 Purify me from my sin with hyssop, so that I will be clean;+
Wash me, so that I will be whiter than snow.+
 8 Let me hear sounds of joy and rejoicing,
So that the bones you crushed will rejoice.+
 9 Turn your face away* from my sins,+
And wipe away* all my errors.+
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,+
And put within me a new spirit,+ a steadfast one.
11 Do not cast me out from your presence;
And do not take your holy spirit away from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation;+
Stir within me a willingness to obey you.*
13 I will teach transgressors your ways,+
So that sinners will return to you.
14 Save me from bloodguilt,+ O God, the God of my salvation,+
So that my tongue may joyfully declare your righteousness.+
15 O Jehovah, open my lips,
So that my mouth may declare your praise.+
16 For you do not want a sacrifice—otherwise I would give it;+
You do not find delight in a whole burnt offering.+
17 The sacrifices pleasing to God are a broken spirit;
A heart broken and crushed, O God, you will not reject.*+

Instead of being paralyzed by guilt, David learned from his mistakes. Indeed, he never repeated those serious sins. Years later, he died faithful, his record of integrity firmly sealed in Jehovah’s memory. (Heb. 11:32-34)

Hebrews 11:32-34
Study Bible
And what more will I say? For time will fail me if I go on to relate about Gid'e·on,+ Ba'rak,+ Samson,+ Jeph'thah,+ David,+ as well as Samuel+ and the other prophets. 33 Through faith they defeated kingdoms,+ brought about righteousness, obtained promises,+ stopped the mouths of lions,+ 34 quenched the force of fire,+ escaped the edge of the sword,+ from a weak state were made powerful,+ became mighty in war,+ routed invading armies.+

What can we learn from David’s example? If we fall into serious sin, we need to repent sincerely and seek Jehovah’s forgiveness. We must confess our sins to him. (1 John 1:9)

1 John 1:9
Study Bible
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous so as to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.+

We also need to approach the elders, who can offer us spiritual help. (Jas. 5:14-16)

James 5:14-16
Study Bible
Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders+ of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, applying oil to him+ in the name of Jehovah.* 15 And the prayer of faith will make the sick one* well, and Jehovah* will raise him up.
16 Therefore, openly confess your sins+ to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. A righteous man’s supplication has a powerful effect.*+

By availing ourselves of Jehovah’s arrangements, we show that we trust in his promise to heal and forgive us. Thereafter, we do well to learn from our mistakes, move forward in our service to Jehovah, and look to the future with confidence.​—Heb. 12:12, 13.

Hebrews 12:12, 13
Study Bible
Therefore, strengthen the hands that hang down and the feeble knees,+ 13 and keep making straight paths for your feet,+ so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but, rather, may be healed.

When you have sinned. Ask Jehovah God to forgive you, but ask with a repentful heart.

« Last post by beast on February 22, 2018, 07:44:13 AM »

Thursday, February 22

Happy is the one whose transgression is pardoned.​—Ps. 32:1.
Some anxiety may be caused by a person’s past actions or failings. At times, King David felt that his ‘errors loomed over his head.’ He admitted: “My anguished heart makes me groan aloud.” (Ps. 38:3, 4, 8, 18) In that situation, what was the wise thing for David to do? What did he do? He trusted in Jehovah’s mercy and forgiveness. (Ps. 32:2, 3, 5) At other times, you may become anxious about the present. For instance, when David wrote Psalm 55, he feared for his life. (Ps. 55:2-5) Nevertheless, he did not allow anxiety to destroy his confidence in Jehovah. David made his problems a subject of fervent prayer, but he also understood the value of taking practical steps to deal with the cause of the anxiety. (2 Sam. 15:30-34) Learn a lesson from David. Instead of allowing anxiety to overwhelm you, take what steps you can to deal with the situation and then confidently leave matters in Jehovah’s hands.

Thursday, February 22

Happy is the one whose transgression is pardoned.​—Ps. 32:1.

Psalm 32:1
Study Bible
Happy is the one whose transgression is pardoned, whose sin is covered.*+

Some anxiety may be caused by a person’s past actions or failings. At times, King David felt that his ‘errors loomed over his head.’ He admitted: “My anguished heart makes me groan aloud.” (Ps. 38:3, 4, 8, 18)

Psalm 38:3, 4
Study Bible
My whole body is sick* because of your indignation.
There is no peace within my bones because of my sin.+
4 For my errors loom over my head;+
Like a heavy burden, they are too much for me to bear.

Psalm 38:8
Study Bible
I have grown numb and become completely crushed;
My anguished heart makes me groan aloud.*

Psalm 38:18
Study Bible
I confessed my error;+
I was troubled by my sin.+

In that situation, what was the wise thing for David to do? What did he do? He trusted in Jehovah’s mercy and forgiveness. (Ps. 32:2, 3, 5)

Psalm 32:2, 3
Study Bible
Happy is the man whom Jehovah does not charge with guilt,+
In whose spirit there is no deceit.
3 When I kept silent, my bones wasted away because of my groaning all day long.+

Psalm 32:5
Study Bible
Finally I confessed my sin to you;
I did not cover my error.+
I said: “I will confess my transgressions to Jehovah.”+
And you pardoned the error of my sins.+

At other times, you may become anxious about the present. For instance, when David wrote Psalm 55, he feared for his life. (Ps. 55:2-5)

Psalm 55:2-5
Study Bible
Do pay attention to me and answer me.+
My concern makes me restless,+
And I am distraught
 3 Because of what the enemy is saying
And the pressure from the wicked one.
For they heap trouble upon me,
And in anger they harbor animosity against me.+
 4 My heart is in anguish within me,+
And the terrors of death overwhelm me.+
5 Fear and trembling come upon me,
And shuddering grips me.

Nevertheless, he did not allow anxiety to destroy his confidence in Jehovah. David made his problems a subject of fervent prayer, but he also understood the value of taking practical steps to deal with the cause of the anxiety. (2 Sam. 15:30-34)

2 Samuel 15:30-34
Study Bible
As David was going up the Mount* of Olives,+ he was weeping as he went up; his head was covered, and he was walking barefoot. All the people with him also covered their heads and were weeping as they went up. 31 David was then told: “A·hith'o·phel is among those conspiring+ with Ab'sa·lom.”+ At this David said: “Turn, please, the advice* of A·hith'o·phel into foolishness,+ O Jehovah!”+
32 When David came to the summit where people used to bow down to God, Hu'shai+ the Ar'chite+ was there to meet him, with his robe ripped apart and dirt on his head. 33 However, David said to him: “If you go across with me, you will be a load on me. 34 But if you return to the city and you say to Ab'sa·lom, ‘I am your servant, O King. I was the servant of your father in the past, but now I am your servant,’+ you can then frustrate the advice of A·hith'o·phel for me.+

Learn a lesson from David. Instead of allowing anxiety to overwhelm you, take what steps you can to deal with the situation and then confidently leave matters in Jehovah’s hands.

Do just as it is asking you to.

Learn a lesson from David. Instead of allowing anxiety to overwhelm you, take what steps you can to deal with the situation and then confidently leave matters in Jehovah’s hands.

« Last post by beast on February 21, 2018, 07:43:37 AM »

Wednesday, February 21

Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the spirit, on the things of the spirit.​—Rom. 8:5.
Some might imagine that this is a contrast between those who are not in the truth and those who are, between those who are not Christians and those who are. However, Paul was writing to “those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones.” (Rom. 1:7) Thus, Paul was contrasting Christians who walked according to the flesh with Christians who walked according to the spirit. He linked “living according to the flesh” with “the sinful passions” that were then “at work in [their] bodies.” (Rom. 7:5) So when speaking of those who “set their minds on the things of the flesh,” Paul was referring to people who are ruled by or focused on their desires and leanings as imperfect humans. In the main, these are ones who follow their cravings, impulses, and passions, whether sexual or otherwise.

Wednesday, February 21

Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the spirit, on the things of the spirit.​—Rom. 8:5.

Romans 8:5
Study Bible
For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh,+ but those who live according to the spirit, on the things of the spirit.+

Some might imagine that this is a contrast between those who are not in the truth and those who are, between those who are not Christians and those who are. However, Paul was writing to “those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones.” (Rom. 1:7)

Romans 1:7
Study Bible
to all those who are in Rome as God’s beloved ones, called to be holy ones:
May you have undeserved kindness and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thus, Paul was contrasting Christians who walked according to the flesh with Christians who walked according to the spirit. He linked “living according to the flesh” with “the sinful passions” that were then “at work in [their] bodies.” (Rom. 7:5)

Romans 7:5
Study Bible
For when we were living according to the flesh, the sinful passions that were awakened by the Law were at work in our bodies* to produce fruit for death.+

So when speaking of those who “set their minds on the things of the flesh,” Paul was referring to people who are ruled by or focused on their desires and leanings as imperfect humans. In the main, these are ones who follow their cravings, impulses, and passions, whether sexual or otherwise.

Jesus even told some of the 12 too not worry about fleshly things, but to stay focused on the spiritual things. We are all human. If we "As Christians" find that we are wanting things of this world, and not putting his works before all others. We need to repent and try harder

« Last post by beast on February 20, 2018, 07:15:41 AM »

Tuesday, February 20

I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters.​—Rev. 17:1.
The Bible Students understood that it was not enough for them to inform relatives, close friends, and church members of their stand on false religion. The whole world needed to see Babylon the Great for what it is​—a religious prostitute! Accordingly, between December 1917 and early 1918, the few thousand Bible Students zealously distributed 10,000,000 copies of a tract featuring the subject “The Fall of Babylon”​—a hard-hitting indictment of Christendom. As you can imagine, the clergy were furious; but undeterred, the Bible Students kept right on with this important work. They were determined to obey “God as ruler rather than men.” (Acts 5:29) What can we conclude? That far from becoming enslaved to Babylon the Great during the war, these Christian men and women were breaking free from its influence and were helping others to do so.

Tuesday, February 20

I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters.​—Rev. 17:1.

Revelation 17:1
Study Bible
One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls+ came and said to me: “Come, I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters,+

The Bible Students understood that it was not enough for them to inform relatives, close friends, and church members of their stand on false religion. The whole world needed to see Babylon the Great for what it is​—a religious prostitute! Accordingly, between December 1917 and early 1918, the few thousand Bible Students zealously distributed 10,000,000 copies of a tract featuring the subject “The Fall of Babylon”​—a hard-hitting indictment of Christendom. As you can imagine, the clergy were furious; but undeterred, the Bible Students kept right on with this important work. They were determined to obey “God as ruler rather than men.” (Acts 5:29)

Acts 5:29
Study Bible
In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men.+

What can we conclude? That far from becoming enslaved to Babylon the Great during the war, these Christian men and women were breaking free from its influence and were helping others to do so.

The bible is simply telling us to brake free from false religion, and teach his word "the bible" thru out all the lands of the earth. To ever living soul

« Last post by beast on February 19, 2018, 08:27:43 AM »

Monday, February 19

[Encourage] one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.​—Heb. 10:25.
Just like Jesus’ early followers, we meet together to learn and to be encouraged. (1 Cor. 14:31) Even experienced servants of God need encouragement. Consider Joshua. He had served God faithfully for many years. Yet, Jehovah told Moses to encourage him, saying: “Commission Joshua and encourage him and strengthen him, because he is the one who will cross over before this people and he is the one who will cause them to inherit the land that you will see.” (Deut. 3:27, 28) Joshua was about to take on the huge responsibility of leading the Israelites in the conquest of the Promised Land. He would face setbacks and at least one military defeat. (Josh. 7:1-9) No wonder Joshua needed to be encouraged and strengthened! So let us personally encourage elders, including circuit overseers, who work hard to care for the flock of God.​—1 Thess. 5:12, 13.

Monday, February 19

[Encourage] one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.​—Heb. 10:25.

Hebrews 10:25
Study Bible
not forsaking our meeting together,+ as some have the custom, but encouraging one another,+ and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.+

Just like Jesus’ early followers, we meet together to learn and to be encouraged. (1 Cor. 14:31)

1 Corinthians 14:31
Study Bible
For you can all prophesy one at a time, so that all may learn and all may be encouraged.+

Even experienced servants of God need encouragement. Consider Joshua. He had served God faithfully for many years. Yet, Jehovah told Moses to encourage him, saying: “Commission Joshua and encourage him and strengthen him, because he is the one who will cross over before this people and he is the one who will cause them to inherit the land that you will see.” (Deut. 3:27, 28)

Deuteronomy 3:27, 28
Study Bible
Go up to the top of Pis'gah,+ and look to the west and north and south and east and view the land with your eyes, for you will not cross over this Jordan.+ 28 Commission Joshua+ and encourage him and strengthen him, because he is the one who will cross over+ before this people and he is the one who will cause them to inherit the land that you will see.’

Joshua was about to take on the huge responsibility of leading the Israelites in the conquest of the Promised Land. He would face setbacks and at least one military defeat. (Josh. 7:1-9)

Joshua 7:1-9
Study Bible
But the Israelites were unfaithful with regard to what had been devoted to destruction, for Aʹchan+ son of Carʹmi, son of Zabʹdi, son of Zeʹrah, of the tribe of Judah, took some of what was devoted to destruction.+ At this Jehovah’s anger blazed against the Israelites.+
2 Then Joshua sent men out from Jerʹi·cho to Aʹi,+ which is close by Beth-aʹven and east of Bethʹel,+ telling them: “Go up and spy on the land.” So the men went up and spied on Aʹi. 3 When they returned to Joshua, they told him: “Not all the people need to go up. About two or three thousand men are enough to defeat Aʹi. Do not tire out all the people by making them go, for there are only a few of them.”
4 So about 3,000 men went up there, but they had to flee from the men of Aʹi.+ 5 The men of Aʹi struck down 36 men, and they pursued them from outside the city gate as far as Shebʹa·rim,* and they continued striking them down on the descent. So the courage* of the people melted and flowed away like water.
6 At this Joshua ripped his garments and fell with his face to the ground before the Ark of Jehovah until the evening, he and the elders of Israel, and they kept throwing dust on their heads. 7 Joshua said: “Alas, Sovereign Lord Jehovah, why did you bring this people all the way across the Jordan just to hand us over to the Amʹor·ites to be destroyed? If only we had been satisfied to remain on the other side* of the Jordan! 8 Pardon me, O Jehovah, what can I say now that Israel has retreated* before his enemies? 9 When the Caʹnaan·ites and all the inhabitants of the land hear about it, they will surround us and wipe out our very name from the earth, and what will you do about your great name?”+

No wonder Joshua needed to be encouraged and strengthened! So let us personally encourage elders, including circuit overseers, who work hard to care for the flock of God.​—1 Thess. 5:12, 13.

1 Thessalonians 5:12, 13
Study Bible
Now we request you, brothers, to show respect for those who are working hard among you and presiding over you in the Lord and admonishing you; 13 and to give them extraordinary consideration in love because of their work.+ Be peaceable with one another.+

All of us needs a little clap on the back ever now and then, even the strongest among us. We are human and we make mistakes. When we fall, and some one reaches down to help you up and help get you started again. It give you that much more encouragement to do better

The Tip of the Day / Re: Tips of the Day
« Last post by beast on February 18, 2018, 08:15:14 AM »

Five Words A Day
Try to learn five new words a day and use these new words in conversations you have during this day. If you just learn the five new words and don’t use them, you will forget them.

« Last post by beast on February 18, 2018, 07:52:53 AM »

Sunday, February 18

They would go where the spirit inclined them to go.​—Ezek. 1:20.
Jesus has appointed the ‘faithful slave’ to be the only channel for dispensing spiritual food. (Matt. 24:45-47) Since 1919, the glorified Jesus Christ has been using that slave to help his followers understand God’s own Book and heed its directives. By obeying the instructions found in the Bible, we promote cleanness, peace, and unity in the congregation. Each one of us does well to ask himself, ‘Am I loyal to the channel that Jesus is using today?’ Jehovah’s written Word acquaints us with the heavenly part of his organization. For example, the prophet Ezekiel received a vision in which the heavenly part of God’s organization is represented by a celestial chariot. (Ezek. 1:4-28) With Christ and the holy angels about to destroy this wicked world, Jehovah’s chariot is rapidly moving toward the vindication of his sovereignty and the sanctification of his holy name!

Sunday, February 18

They would go where the spirit inclined them to go.​—Ezek. 1:20.

Ezekiel 1:20
Study Bible
They would go where the spirit inclined them to go, wherever the spirit went. The wheels would be lifted up together with them, for the spirit operating on the living creatures* was also in the wheels.

Jesus has appointed the ‘faithful slave’ to be the only channel for dispensing spiritual food. (Matt. 24:45-47)

Matthew 24:45-47
Study Bible
“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?+ 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so!+ 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings.

Since 1919, the glorified Jesus Christ has been using that slave to help his followers understand God’s own Book and heed its directives. By obeying the instructions found in the Bible, we promote cleanness, peace, and unity in the congregation. Each one of us does well to ask himself, ‘Am I loyal to the channel that Jesus is using today?’ Jehovah’s written Word acquaints us with the heavenly part of his organization. For example, the prophet Ezekiel received a vision in which the heavenly part of God’s organization is represented by a celestial chariot. (Ezek. 1:4-28)

Ezekiel 1:4-28
Study Bible
As I was looking, I saw a tempestuous wind+ coming from the north, and there was a huge cloud and flashing fire*+ surrounded by a bright light, and from the midst of the fire was something that looked like electrum.*+ 5 Within it were what looked like four living creatures,+ and the appearance of each one was like that of a human. 6 Each one had four faces and four wings.+ 7 Their feet were straight, and the soles of their feet were like those of a calf, and they were shining like the glow of burnished copper.+ 8 They had human hands under their wings on all four sides, and the four of them had faces and wings. 9 Their wings were touching one another. They would not turn when they went; they would each go straight forward.+
10 Their faces had this appearance: Each of the four had a man’s face with a lion’s+ face on the right, a bull’s+ face on the left, and each of the four had an eagle’s+ face.+ 11 That is how their faces were. Their wings were spread out above them. Each had two wings that were touching one another and two wings covering their bodies.+
12 They would each go straight forward, going wherever the spirit would incline them to go.+ They would not turn as they went. 13 And the living creatures had the appearance of burning coals of fire, and something that looked like torches of bright fire was moving back and forth between the living creatures, and lightning was flashing out from the fire.+ 14 And when the living creatures would go forth and return, their movement had the appearance of flashes of lightning.
15 As I was watching the living creatures, I saw one wheel on the earth beside each of the living creatures with four faces.+ 16 The wheels and their structure appeared to glow like chrys'o·lite, and the four of them looked alike. Their appearance and structure looked as though a wheel were within a wheel.* 17 When they moved, they could go in any of the four directions without turning as they went. 18 Their rims were so high that they inspired awe, and the rims of all four were full of eyes all around.+ 19 Whenever the living creatures moved, the wheels would move along with them, and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels would also be lifted up.+ 20 They would go where the spirit inclined them to go, wherever the spirit went. The wheels would be lifted up together with them, for the spirit operating on the living creatures* was also in the wheels. 21 When they moved, these would move; and when they stood still, these would stand still; and when they were lifted up from the earth, the wheels would be lifted up together with them, for the spirit operating on the living creatures was also in the wheels.
22 Over the heads of the living creatures was the likeness of an expanse that sparkled like awesome ice, stretched out above their heads.+ 23 Under the expanse their wings were straight,* one to the other. Each one had two wings for covering one side of their bodies and two for covering the other side. 24 When I heard the sound of their wings, it was like a sound of rushing waters, like the sound of the Almighty.+ When they moved, it was like the sound of an army. When they stood still, they would let their wings down.
25 There was a voice above the expanse over their heads. (When they stood still, they would let their wings down.) 26 Above the expanse that was over their heads was what looked like a sapphire stone,+ and it resembled a throne.+ Sitting on the throne up above was someone whose appearance resembled that of a human.+ 27 I saw something glowing like electrum+ that was like a fire radiating from what appeared to be his waist and upward; and from his waist down, I saw something that resembled fire.+ There was a brilliance all around him 28 like that of a rainbow+ in a cloud on a rainy day. That was how the surrounding brilliant light appeared. It was like the appearance of the glory of Jehovah.+ When I saw it, I fell facedown and began to hear the voice of someone speaking.

With Christ and the holy angels about to destroy this wicked world, Jehovah’s chariot is rapidly moving toward the vindication of his sovereignty and the sanctification of his holy name!

Jehovah out almighty God is telling us to take his word "The Bible" and teach it thru out the world. The time of the end of this system of things is soon coming

« Last post by beast on February 17, 2018, 07:21:24 AM »

Saturday, February 17

The principal court official assigned names to them; he gave to Daniel the name Belteshazzar.?—Dan. 1:7.
When Daniel and his companions were exiled, the Babylonians tried to assimilate them into their culture by teaching them “the language of the Chaldeans.” Moreover, the court official in charge of their training gave them Babylonian names. (Dan. 1:3-7) The name given to Daniel referred to Bel, the main divinity of Babylon. King Nebuchadnezzar likely wanted to impress Daniel with the idea that his God, Jehovah, had been subjected by Babylon’s god. (Dan. 4:8) Although Daniel was offered food to eat from the king’s delicacies, he “resolved in his heart” that he would not “defile himself.” (Dan. 1:8) Because he kept studying “the sacred books” in his mother tongue, he maintained his spiritual health while living in a foreign land. (Dan. 9:2, ftn.) Thus, some 70 years after his arrival in Babylon, he was still known by his Hebrew name.?—Dan. 5:13.

Saturday, February 17

The principal court official assigned names to them; he gave to Daniel the name Belteshazzar.?—Dan. 1:7.

Daniel 1:7
Study Bible
And the principal court official assigned names* to them; he gave to Daniel the name Bel·te·shaz'zar,+ to Han·a·ni'ah the name Sha'drach, to Mish'a·el the name Me'shach, and to Az·a·ri'ah the name A·bed'ne·go.+

When Daniel and his companions were exiled, the Babylonians tried to assimilate them into their culture by teaching them “the language of the Chaldeans.” Moreover, the court official in charge of their training gave them Babylonian names. (Dan. 1:3-7)

Daniel 1:3-7
Study Bible
Then the king ordered Ash'pe·naz his chief court official to bring some of the Israelites,* including those of royal and noble descent.+ 4 They were to be youths* without any defect, of good appearance, endowed with wisdom, knowledge, and discernment,+ and capable of serving in the king’s palace. He was to teach them the writing and the language of the Chal·de'ans. 5 Furthermore, the king assigned to them a daily ration from the king’s delicacies and from the wine he drank. They were to be trained* for three years, and at the end of that time they were to enter the king’s service.
6 Now among them were some from the tribe* of Judah: Daniel,*+ Han·a·ni'ah,* Mish'a·el,* and Az·a·ri'ah.*+ 7 And the principal court official assigned names* to them; he gave to Daniel the name Bel·te·shaz'zar,+ to Han·a·ni'ah the name Sha'drach, to Mish'a·el the name Me'shach, and to Az·a·ri'ah the name A·bed'ne·go.+

The name given to Daniel referred to Bel, the main divinity of Babylon. King Nebuchadnezzar likely wanted to impress Daniel with the idea that his God, Jehovah, had been subjected by Babylon’s god. (Dan. 4:8)

Daniel 4:8
Study Bible
At last there came in before me Daniel, whose name is Bel·te·shaz'zar+ after the name of my god+ and in whom there is the spirit of the holy gods,+ and I told him the dream:

Although Daniel was offered food to eat from the king’s delicacies, he “resolved in his heart” that he would not “defile himself.” (Dan. 1:8)

Daniel 1:8
Study Bible
But Daniel resolved in his heart that he would not defile himself with the king’s delicacies or with the wine he drank. So he asked the principal court official for permission not to defile himself in this way.

Because he kept studying “the sacred books” in his mother tongue, he maintained his spiritual health while living in a foreign land. (Dan. 9:2, ftn.)

Daniel 9:2
Study Bible
in the first year of his reign I, Daniel, discerned by the books* the number of years mentioned in the word of Jehovah to Jeremiah the prophet to fulfill the desolation of Jerusalem,+ namely, 70 years.+ 

Thus, some 70 years after his arrival in Babylon, he was still known by his Hebrew name.?—Dan. 5:13.

Daniel 5:13
Study Bible
So Daniel was brought in before the king. The king asked Daniel: “Are you Daniel of the exiles of Judah,+ whom my father the king brought out of Judah?+

No matter who, or what, try and influence you with earthly pleasures. Do not let them lead you away from your Almighty God Jehovah

« Last post by beast on February 16, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »

Friday, February 16

Exercise faith in your heart.​—Rom. 10:9.
Faith involves much more than a mental understanding of God’s purpose. It is a powerful motivating force that impels a person to act in harmony with God’s will. Faith in God’s means of salvation moves a believer to share the good news with others. Our prospect of enjoying eternal life in God’s new world depends on our having faith and keeping it strong. The need to keep our faith healthy can be likened to a plant’s need for water. Unlike an artificial plant, a living plant keeps changing. A live plant either withers because of a lack of water or continues to thrive with a regular supply of moisture. If deprived of sufficient water, a once healthy plant will eventually die. So, too, our faith. It will wither and die if neglected. (Luke 22:32; Heb. 3:12) But if we give it due attention, our faith will stay alive and keep “growing,” and we will be “healthy in faith.”​—2 Thess. 1:3; Titus 2:2.

Friday, February 16

Exercise faith in your heart.​—Rom. 10:9.

Romans 10:9
Study Bible
For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord,+ and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.

Faith involves much more than a mental understanding of God’s purpose. It is a powerful motivating force that impels a person to act in harmony with God’s will. Faith in God’s means of salvation moves a believer to share the good news with others. Our prospect of enjoying eternal life in God’s new world depends on our having faith and keeping it strong. The need to keep our faith healthy can be likened to a plant’s need for water. Unlike an artificial plant, a living plant keeps changing. A live plant either withers because of a lack of water or continues to thrive with a regular supply of moisture. If deprived of sufficient water, a once healthy plant will eventually die. So, too, our faith. It will wither and die if neglected. (Luke 22:32; Heb. 3:12)

Luke 22:32
Study Bible
But I have made supplication for you that your faith may not give out;+ and you, once you have returned, strengthen your brothers.”+

Hebrews 3:12
Study Bible
Beware, brothers, for fear there should ever develop in any one of you a wicked heart lacking faith by drawing away from the living God;+

But if we give it due attention, our faith will stay alive and keep “growing,” and we will be “healthy in faith.”​—2 Thess. 1:3; Titus 2:2.

2 Thessalonians 1:3
Study Bible
We are obligated always to give thanks to God for you, brothers. This is fitting, because your faith is growing exceedingly and the love of each and every one of you is increasing toward one another.+

Titus 2:2
Study Bible
Let the older men be moderate in habits, serious, sound in mind, healthy in faith, in love, in endurance.

We have to work at keeping our faith strong. By prayer, by reading, and studying the bible, by doing our best to live the life he wants us to live.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

* Recent Topics

topic Changes
[Site News And Announcements]
beast
January 14, 2018, 12:00:05 PM
anything