collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 6
  • Dot Spiders: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Baidu (2)

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

Author Topic: Daily Scriptures  (Read 21097 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Daily Scriptures
« Reply #480 on: December 31, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »

Sunday, December 31

Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers.—2 Cor. 6:14.

Some now serving God were married when they learned the truth, and their mate is not a Witness. Still, applying Bible principles can contribute to harmony in the family. That involves cooperating to the greatest extent possible without compromising. This may be challenging, but think of the possible reward. Also, in view of Satan’s attack on the family today, it is vital for all of God’s servants to maintain good cooperation in their marriage. No matter how long you have been married, give thought to what you personally can say or do to strengthen your marriage. Older ones can even assist younger members of the congregation in this regard. You might on occasion invite a younger couple to your home to share in family worship with you and your mate. While the younger ones are with you, they can observe that affection and harmony are important no matter how long one has been married.—Titus 2:3-7

New World Translation (Study Edition) 2 Corinthians 6:14

Do not become unevenly yoked* with unbelievers.+ For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have?+ Or what sharing does light have with darkness?+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Titus 2:3-7

3 Likewise, let the older women be reverent in behavior, not slanderous, not enslaved to a lot of wine, teachers of what is good, 4 so that they may advise* the younger women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 to be sound in mind, chaste, working at home,* good, subjecting themselves to their own husbands,+ so that the word of God may not be spoken of abusively.

6 Likewise, keep on urging the younger men to be sound in mind,+ 7 showing yourself to be an example of fine works in every way. Teach what is pure* with all seriousness,+

thanks Guest for reading my post

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #481 on: January 01, 2018, 09:14:25 AM »

Monday, January 1

Put up a hard fight for the faith.—Jude 3.

The anxious wait is over. Relieved to see her father returning safely from battle, the young woman races to greet him and rejoices over his astounding victory. Instead of joining her in song and dance, he rips apart his battle-stained garments and cries out: “Oh no, my daughter! You have broken my heart.” Then he utters the words that change her life forever, shattering her dreams and hopes of a normal life. Yet, without hesitation, she encourages her father to follow through on what he promised Jehovah. Her words reveal her great faith. She trusts that whatever Jehovah asks is best for her. (Judg. 11:34-37) Her father’s heart swells with pride because he knows that his daughter’s willingness to support his decision brings Jehovah’s smile of approval. Jephthah and his daughter put their trust and confidence in Jehovah’s way of doing things, even when it was hard to do so. They were convinced that gaining God’s approval was worth any sacrifice

New World Translation (Study Edition) Jude 3

Beloved ones, although I was making every effort to write you about the salvation we hold in common,+ I found it necessary to write you to urge you to put up a hard fight for the faith+ that was once for all time delivered to the holy ones.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Judges 11:34-37

Finally Jeph'thah came to his home in Miz'pah,+ and look! his daughter was coming out to meet him, playing the tambourine and dancing! Now she was his one and only child. Besides her, he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he ripped his garments and said: “Oh no, my daughter! You have broken my heart,* for you have become the one I have banished. Now I have opened my mouth to Jehovah, and I am unable to turn back.”+

36 But she said to him: “My father, if you have opened your mouth to Jehovah, do to me as you have promised,+ since Jehovah has executed vengeance for you upon your enemies, the Am'mon·ites.” 37 She then said to her father: “Let this be done for me: Let me be alone for two months, and let me go away into the mountains, and let me weep over my virginity with my female companions.”*

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #482 on: January 02, 2018, 09:33:40 AM »

Tuesday, January 2

You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome Jehovah gave.—Jas. 5:11.

If you are crushed by the discouraging words of a friend or family member, are plagued by a serious illness, or are grieved by the death of a loved one, you can find comfort in the example of Job. (Job 1:18, 19; 2:7, 9; 19:1-3) Although he was unaware of the source of his troubles, Job did not give up in despair. Why not? For one thing, “he feared God.” (Job 1:1) Job was determined to please Jehovah in favorable and unfavorable circumstances. With God’s help, Job reflected on the wondrous things Jehovah had already accomplished by means of His holy spirit. Job became even more confident that Jehovah would end his trials at the right time. (Job 42:1, 2) And that is precisely what happened. “Jehovah removed Job’s tribulation and restored his prosperity. Jehovah gave him double what he had before.” Job lived “a long and satisfying life.”—Job 42:10, 17.

New World Translation (Study Edition) James 5:11

Look! We consider happy* those who have endured.+ You have heard of the endurance of Job+ and have seen the outcome Jehovah* gave,+ that Jehovah* is very tender in affection* and merciful.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Job 1:18, 19

While he was still speaking, yet another one came and said: “Your sons and your daughters were eating and drinking wine in their oldest brother’s house. 19 Suddenly a great wind came from the wilderness, and it struck the four corners of the house, so that it fell on the young people and they were killed. I am the only one who escaped to tell you.”

New World Translation (Study Edition) Job 2:7

So Satan went out from the presence* of Jehovah and struck Job with painful boils*+ from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Job 2:9

Finally his wife said to him: “Are you still holding firmly to your integrity? Curse God and die!”

New World Translation (Study Edition) Job 19:1-3

Job said in reply:

2 “How long will you keep irritating my soul,*+

Crushing me with words?+

3 These ten times you have rebuked* me;

You are not ashamed to deal harshly with me.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Job 1:1

There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job.*+ He was an upright man of integrity;*+ he feared God and shunned what was bad.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Job 42:1, 2

Then Job said in reply to Jehovah:

2 “Now I know that you are able to do all things

And that nothing you have in mind to do is impossible for you.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Job 42:10

After Job had prayed for his companions,+ Jehovah removed Job’s tribulation+ and restored his prosperity.* Jehovah gave him double what he had before.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Job 42:17

Finally Job died, after a long and satisfying life.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #483 on: January 03, 2018, 07:34:29 AM »

Wednesday, January 3

Prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves.—Matt. 10:16.

We show caution by recognizing dangers early, and we remain innocent by not letting them lead us into compromise. We must exercise caution when political issues are brought up. For example, when presenting the Kingdom message, avoid either praising or criticizing the policies of a political party or leader. Try to establish common ground with the householder by focusing on the underlying problem rather than on any proposed political solution. Then, show from the Bible how God’s government will solve the problem completely and permanently. If such volatile issues as same-sex marriage or abortion come up, defend God’s standards and explain how we follow these in our own lives. During the discussion, remain strictly neutral on the political aspects of these topics. We take no position regarding what laws should be enacted, repealed, or changed, and we do not pressure others to agree with our view.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Matthew 10:16

“Look! I am sending you out as sheep among wolves;+ so prove yourselves cautious as serpents and yet innocent as doves.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #484 on: January 04, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »

Thursday, January 4

Go, therefore, and make disciples.—Matt. 28:19.

We must make disciples, baptize them, and teach them, but what is the first thing we need to do? Jesus said: “Go”! With regard to this command, one Bible scholar commented: “To ‘go’ is the task of each believer, whether across the street or across the ocean.” (Matt. 10:7; Luke 10:3) Was Jesus referring only to the individual efforts of his followers, or was he alluding to an organized campaign to preach the good news? Since one individual would not be able to go to “all the nations,” this work would require the organized efforts of many. Jesus indicated as much when he invited his disciples to become “fishers of men.” (Matt. 4:18-22) The type of fishing he referred to here was not that of a lone fisherman using a line and a lure, sitting idly while waiting for the fish to bite. Rather, it involved the use of fishing nets—a labor-intensive activity that at times required the coordinated efforts of many.—Luke 5:1-11.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Matthew 28:19

Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,+ baptizing them+ in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit,

New World Translation (Study Edition) Matthew 10:7

As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Luke 10:3

Go! Look! I am sending you out as lambs in among wolves.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Matthew 4:18-22

Walking alongside the Sea of Gal'i·lee, he saw two brothers, Simon,+ who is called Peter,+ and Andrew+ his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen.+ 19 And he said to them: “Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men.”*+ 20 At once they abandoned their nets and followed him.+ 21 Going on from there, he saw two others who were brothers, James the son of Zeb'e·dee and his brother John.+ They were in the boat with Zeb'e·dee their father, mending their nets, and he called them.+ 22 At once they left the boat and their father and followed him.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Luke 5:1-11

On one occasion when the crowd was pressing in on him and listening to the word of God, he was standing by the lake of Gen·nes'a·ret.+ 2 And he saw two boats docked at the lakeside, but the fishermen had got out of them and were washing off their nets.+ 3 Going aboard one of the boats, which was Simon’s, he asked him to pull away a bit from land. Then he sat down, and he began teaching the crowds from the boat. 4 When he stopped speaking, he said to Simon: “Pull out to where it is deep, and let down your nets for a catch.” 5 But in reply Simon said: “Instructor, we toiled all night and caught nothing,+ but at your word I will lower the nets.” 6 Well, when they did this, they caught a great number of fish. In fact, their nets began ripping apart.+ 7 So they motioned to their partners in the other boat to come and assist them, and they came and filled both boats, so that these began to sink. 8 Seeing this, Simon Peter fell down at the knees of Jesus, saying: “Depart from me, Lord,* because I am a sinful man.” 9 For both he and those with him were overwhelmed with astonishment at the catch of fish they had taken, 10 and the same was true of both James and John, Zeb'e·dee’s sons,+ who were partners with Simon. But Jesus said to Simon: “Stop being afraid. From now on you will be catching men* alive.”+ 11 So they brought the boats back to land and abandoned everything and followed him.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #485 on: January 05, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »

Friday, January 5

Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways take notice of him, and he will make your paths straight.—Prov. 3:5, 6.

To acquaint ourselves with Jehovah’s thinking, we need to make personal study a priority. When reading or studying God’s Word, we might ask ourselves, ‘What does this material reveal about Jehovah, his righteous ways, and his thinking?’ We need to have an attitude like that of the psalmist David, who sang: “Make me know your ways, O Jehovah; teach me your paths. Cause me to walk in your truth and teach me, for you are my God of salvation. In you I hope all day long.” (Ps. 25:4, 5) As you meditate on a Bible passage, you might consider questions like these: ‘How can I apply this information in my family? Where can I apply it? At home? At work? At school? In the ministry?’ Once we have determined where the material can be applied, it may become easier to perceive how we can put it to work.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Proverbs 3:5, 6

Trust in Jehovah+ with all your heart,

And do not rely* on your own understanding.+

6 In all your ways take notice of him,+

And he will make your paths straight.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Psalm 25:4, 5

Make me know your ways, O Jehovah;+

Teach me your paths.+

? [He]

5 Cause me to walk in your truth and teach me,+

For you are my God of salvation.

? [Waw]

In you I hope all day long.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #486 on: January 06, 2018, 08:17:07 AM »

Saturday, January 6

The overseer should . . . be irreprehensible.—1 Tim. 3:2.

By giving a list of qualifications for overseers, Jehovah reveals that he has a high standard for those who serve in an appointed capacity. (1 Tim. 3:2-7) He expects them to set a good example, and he holds them accountable for the way they treat the congregation, “which he purchased with the blood of his own Son.” (Acts 20:28) Jehovah wants us to feel safe in the care of the appointed undershepherds. (Isa. 32:1, 2) From that standpoint, the Scriptural qualifications for Christian elders remind us of how much Jehovah truly cares for us. In fact, each Christian can learn from the qualifications listed in these verses, as most of them involve things that Jehovah asks of all Christians. For instance, all of us should be reasonable and sound in mind. (Phil. 4:5; 1 Pet. 4:7) As elders prove to be “examples to the flock,” we can learn from them and “imitate their faith.”—1 Pet. 5:3; Heb. 13:7.

New World Translation (Study Edition) 1 Timothy 3:2

The overseer should therefore be irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind,*+ orderly, hospitable,+ qualified to teach,+

New World Translation (Study Edition) 1 Timothy 3:2-7

The overseer should therefore be irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind,*+ orderly, hospitable,+ qualified to teach,+ 3 not a drunkard,+ not violent,* but reasonable,+ not quarrelsome,+ not a lover of money,+ 4 a man presiding over* his own household in a fine manner, having his children in subjection with all seriousness+ 5 (for if any man does not know how to preside over* his own household, how will he care for the congregation of God?), 6 not a newly converted man,+ for fear that he might get puffed up with pride and fall into the judgment passed on the Devil. 7 Moreover, he should also have a fine testimony* from outsiders+ so that he does not fall into reproach* and a snare of the Devil.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Acts 20:28

Pay attention to yourselves+ and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed you overseers,+ to shepherd the congregation of God,+ which he purchased with the blood of his own Son.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Isaiah 32:1, 2

Look! A king+ will reign for righteousness,+

And princes will rule for justice.

2 And each one will be like a hiding place* from the wind,

A place of concealment* from the rainstorm,

Like streams of water in a waterless land,+

Like the shadow of a massive crag in a parched land.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Philippians 4:5

Let your reasonableness+ become known to all men. The Lord is near.

New World Translation (Study Edition) 1 Peter 4:7

But the end of all things has drawn close. Therefore, be sound in mind,+ and be vigilant* with a view to prayers.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) 1 Peter 5:3

not lording it over those who are God’s inheritance,+ but becoming examples to the flock.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Hebrews 13:7

Remember those who are taking the lead among you,+ who have spoken the word of God to you, and as you contemplate how their conduct turns out, imitate their faith.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #487 on: January 07, 2018, 07:39:28 AM »

Sunday, January 7

Above all the things that you guard, safeguard your heart.—Prov. 4:23.

Against what hardening traits must we be on guard? They include inordinate pride, the practice of sin, and a lack of faith. These could foster a disobedient, rebellious spirit. (Dan. 5:1, 20; Heb. 3:13, 18, 19) King Uzziah of Judah certainly displayed pride. (2 Chron. 26:3-5, 16-21) At first, Uzziah did “what was right in Jehovah’s eyes,” and “he kept searching for God.” But “as soon as he was strong, his heart became haughty,” even though his strength was from God! He even attempted to burn incense at the temple—a privilege reserved for the Aaronic priests. Then, when the priests confronted him, proud Uzziah became enraged! The result? He had a humiliating “crash” at God’s hands and died a leper. (Prov. 16:18) If we failed to guard against pride, we too could begin “to think more of [ourselves] than it is necessary to think,” perhaps even to the point of resisting Scriptural counsel.—Rom. 12:3; Prov. 29:1.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Proverbs 4:23

Above all the things that you guard, safeguard your heart,+

For out of it are the sources of life.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Daniel 5:1

As regards King Bel·shaz'zar,+ he held a great feast for a thousand of his nobles, and he was drinking wine in front of them.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Hebrews 3:13

but keep on encouraging one another each day, as long as it is called “Today,”+ so that none of you should become hardened by the deceptive power of sin.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Hebrews 3:18, 19

And to whom did he swear that they would not enter into his rest? Was it not to those who acted disobediently? 19 So we see that they could not enter in because of lack of faith.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) 2 Chronicles 26:3-5

Uz·zi'ah+ was 16 years old when he became king, and he reigned for 52 years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Je·co·li'ah of Jerusalem.+ 4 He continued to do what was right in Jehovah’s eyes, just as his father Am·a·zi'ah had done.+ 5 And he kept searching for God in the days of Zech·a·ri'ah, who taught him to fear the true God. During the time he was searching for Jehovah, the true God made him prosper.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) 2 Chronicles 26:16-21

However, as soon as he was strong, his heart became haughty to his own ruin, and he acted unfaithfully against Jehovah his God by entering the temple of Jehovah to burn incense on the altar of incense.+ 17 Immediately Az·a·ri'ah the priest and 80 other courageous priests of Jehovah went in after him. 18 They confronted King Uz·zi'ah and said to him: “It is not proper for you, Uz·zi'ah, to burn incense to Jehovah!+ It is only the priests who should burn incense, for they are the descendants of Aaron,+ those who have been sanctified. Go out from the sanctuary, for you have acted unfaithfully and you will receive no glory from Jehovah God for this.”

19 But Uz·zi'ah, who had a censer in his hand to burn incense, became enraged;+ and during his rage against the priests, leprosy+ broke out on his forehead in the presence of the priests in the house of Jehovah next to the altar of incense. 20 When Az·a·ri'ah the chief priest and all the priests turned toward him, they saw that he had been stricken with leprosy in his forehead! So they rushed him out of there, and he himself hurried out, because Jehovah had struck him.

21 King Uz·zi'ah remained a leper until the day of his death, and he kept staying in a separate house as a leper,+ for he had been excluded from the house of Jehovah. His son Jo'tham was in charge of the king’s house,* judging the people of the land.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Proverbs 16:18

Pride is before a crash,

And a haughty spirit before stumbling.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Romans 12:3

For through the undeserved kindness given to me, I tell everyone there among you not to think more of himself than it is necessary to think,+ but to think so as to have a sound mind, each one as God has given* to him a measure of faith.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Proverbs 29:1

A man who stiffens his neck* after much reproof+

Will suddenly be broken beyond healing.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #488 on: January 08, 2018, 08:29:07 AM »

Monday, January 8

[Put] up with one another in love.—Eph. 4:2.

How do you feel about fellow Christians who are from cultures very different from your own? Their first language, style of clothing, manners, and food may not be what you are accustomed to. Do you tend to shy away from them and associate mainly with those who have a background similar to yours? Or what if those appointed as overseers in your congregation—or in your circuit or branch—are younger or are culturally or racially different from you? Do you allow such matters to undermine the unity and oneness of purpose that should exist among Jehovah’s people? What can help us to avoid such pitfalls? To the Christians in Ephesus, a prosperous and diversified city, Paul offered some practical counsel. (Eph. 4:1-3) Paul first mentioned such qualities as humility, mildness, patience, and love. These might be likened to the pillars of a house that keep it standing.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Ephesians 4:2

with all humility*+ and mildness, with patience,+ putting up with one another in love,+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Ephesians 4:1-3

Therefore I, the prisoner+ in the Lord, appeal to you to walk worthily+ of the calling with which you were called, 2 with all humility*+ and mildness, with patience,+ putting up with one another in love,+ 3 earnestly endeavoring to maintain the oneness of the spirit in the uniting bond of peace.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #489 on: January 09, 2018, 07:09:43 AM »

Tuesday, January 9

Keep your eyes open and guard against every sort of greed.—Luke 12:15.

Satan wants us to slave for Riches rather than for Jehovah. (Matt. 6:24) Those who spend most of their energy accumulating material things end up with a life that is, at best, shallow because it appeals to selfish gratification or that is, at worst, spiritually empty and full of grief and frustration. (1 Tim. 6:9, 10; Rev. 3:17) It is as Jesus described in his illustration of the sower. When the Kingdom message is “sown among the thorns . . . , the desires for everything else make inroads and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.” (Mark 4:14, 18, 19) As we near the end of this system of things, now is not the time to amass more and more material things for ourselves. We should not expect that any of our possessions, regardless of how treasured or valuable they may be, will survive with us through the great tribulation.—Prov. 11:4, ftn.; Matt. 24:21, 22.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Luke 12:15

Then he said to them: “Keep your eyes open and guard against every sort of greed,+ because even when a person has an abundance, his life does not result from the things he possesses.”+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Matthew 6:24

“No one can slave for two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other,+ or he will stick to the one and despise the other. You cannot slave for God and for Riches.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) 1 Timothy 6:9, 10

But those who are determined to be rich fall into temptation and a snare+ and many senseless and harmful desires that plunge men into destruction and ruin.+ 10 For the love of money is a root of all sorts of injurious things, and by reaching out for this love some have been led astray from the faith and have stabbed themselves all over with many pains.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Revelation 3:17

Because you say, “I am rich+ and have acquired riches and do not need anything at all,” but you do not know that you are miserable and pitiful and poor and blind and naked,

New World Translation (Study Edition) Mark 4:14

“The sower sows the word.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Mark 4:18, 19

There are still others that are sown among the thorns. These are the ones who have heard the word,+ 19 but the anxieties+ of this system of things and the deceptive power of riches*+ and the desires+ for everything else make inroads and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Proverbs 11:4

Wealth* will be of no benefit on the day of fury,+

But righteousness is what will rescue from death.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Matthew 24:21, 22

for then there will be great tribulation+ such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning until now, no, nor will occur again.+ 22 In fact, unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #490 on: January 10, 2018, 07:55:13 AM »

Wednesday, January 10

We all received . . . undeserved kindness upon undeserved kindness.—John 1:16.

A winegrower went to the marketplace early one morning to hire men to work in his vineyard. The men he found agreed to the wage he offered and went to work. The owner needed more workers, however, and returned to the marketplace throughout the day to hire more and more men, offering a fair wage even to those whom he hired at the end of the afternoon. When evening came, he gathered the workers together to give them their wages, and he gave the same amount to each of them, whether they had labored many hours or just one. When those first hired realized this, they complained. The winegrower replied: ‘Did you not agree to the wage I offered? Do I not have the right to give all my workers whatever I want? Are you envious because I am generous?’ (Matt. 20:1-15, ftn.) Jesus’ parable reminds us of one of Jehovah’s qualities that is often mentioned in the Bible—his “undeserved kindness.”—2 Cor. 6:1.

New World Translation (Study Edition) John 1:16

For we all received from his fullness, even undeserved kindness upon undeserved kindness.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Matthew 20:1-15

“For the Kingdom of the heavens is like the master of a house who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard.+ 2 After he had agreed with the workers for a de·nar'i·us a day, he sent them into his vineyard. 3 Going out also about the third hour, he saw others standing unemployed in the marketplace; 4 and to those he said, ‘You too go into the vineyard, and I will give you whatever is fair.’ 5 So off they went. Again he went out about the sixth hour and the ninth hour and did likewise. 6 Finally, about the 11th hour, he went out and found others standing around, and he said to them, ‘Why have you been standing here all day unemployed?’ 7 They replied, ‘Because nobody has hired us.’ He said to them, ‘You too go into the vineyard.’

8 “When evening came, the master of the vineyard said to his man in charge, ‘Call the workers and pay them their wages,+ starting with the last and ending with the first.’ 9 When the 11th-hour men came, they each received a de·nar'i·us. 10 So when the first came, they assumed that they would receive more, but they too were paid at the rate of a de·nar'i·us. 11 On receiving it, they began to complain against the master of the house 12 and said, ‘These last men put in one hour’s work; still you made them equal to us who bore the burden of the day and the burning heat!’ 13 But he said in reply to one of them, ‘Fellow, I do you no wrong. You agreed with me for a de·nar'i·us, did you not?+ 14 Take what is yours and go. I want to give to this last one the same as to you. 15 Do I not have the right to do what I want with my own things? Or is your eye envious because I am good?’+

New World Translation (Study Edition) 2 Corinthians 6:1

Working together with him,+ we also urge you not to accept the undeserved kindness of God and miss its purpose.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #491 on: January 11, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »

Thursday, January 11

Look! I am making all things new. . . . Write, for these words are faithful and true.—Rev. 21:5.

More than ever, our mission as the end nears is to preach the good news of the Kingdom! (Mark 13:10) Undeniably, the good news highlights Jehovah’s undeserved kindness. We should keep this in mind when we share in our witnessing work. Our objective when we preach is to honor Jehovah. We can do this by showing people that all the promises of new world blessings are expressions of Jehovah’s wonderful kindness. As we witness to others, we can explain that under Christ’s Kingdom rule, mankind will benefit from the full application of the ransom sacrifice and will gradually be brought to perfection. The Bible says: “The creation itself will also be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.” (Rom. 8:21) This will be possible only through Jehovah’s extraordinary kindness.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Revelation 21:5

And the One seated on the throne+ said: “Look! I am making all things new.”+ Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful* and true.”

New World Translation (Study Edition) Mark 13:10

Also, in all the nations, the good news has to be preached first.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Romans 8:21

that the creation itself will also be set free+ from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #492 on: January 12, 2018, 07:46:24 AM »

Friday, January 12

Let the husband give to his wife her due, and let the wife also do likewise to her husband.—1 Cor. 7:3.

Although the Bible does not provide specific rules about the kinds and limits of love play that might be associated with natural sexual intimacy, it mentions displays of affection. (Song of Sol. 1:2; 2:6) Christian marriage partners should treat each other with tenderness. Strong love for God and neighbor will not allow anyone or anything to interfere with the marriage bond. Some marriages have been strained or even ruined by a mate’s addiction to pornography. Any tendency toward being attracted to this or toward sexual interests of any sort outside marriage should be firmly resisted. Even giving the appearance of flirting with someone to whom one is not married is unloving and should be avoided. Remembering that God is aware of all our thoughts and actions will reinforce our desire to please him and to remain chaste.—Matt. 5:27, 28; Heb. 4:13.

New World Translation (Study Edition) 1 Corinthians 7:3

Let the husband give to his wife her due, and let the wife also do likewise to her husband.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Song of Solomon 1:2

“May he kiss me with the kisses of his mouth,

For your expressions of affection are better than wine.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Song of Solomon 2:6

His left hand is under my head,

And his right hand embraces me.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Matthew 5:27, 28

“You heard that it was said: ‘You must not commit adultery.’+ 28 But I say to you that everyone who keeps on looking at a woman+ so as to have a passion for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Hebrews 4:13

And there is not a creation that is hidden from his sight,+ but all things are naked and openly exposed to the eyes of the one to whom we must give an account.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #493 on: January 13, 2018, 07:44:04 AM »

Saturday, January 13

We have never stopped praying for you and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge of [God’s] will.—Col. 1:9.

With such accurate knowledge, the Colossian Christians would be able “to walk worthily of Jehovah in order to please him fully.” This would enable them to continue “bearing fruit in every good work,” especially in the preaching of the good news. (Col. 1:10) To serve effectively, a worshipper of Jehovah must follow a routine of Bible study. We do well to help Bible students grasp that fact. Moreover, we ourselves must be convinced of its value. In fact, we ourselves need to have good Bible study habits. So you might ask yourself, ‘When householders express opinions that are contrary to Scriptural teachings or they ask difficult questions, am I able to give answers that are based on the Bible?’ If we tell others how much we have benefited from our personal study of the Bible, we may encourage them to obtain such benefits by being diligent students of the Scriptures.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Colossians 1:9

That is also why from the day we heard of it, we have never stopped praying for you+ and asking that you may be filled with the accurate knowledge+ of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension,+

New World Translation (Study Edition) Colossians 1:10

so as to walk worthily of Jehovah* in order to please him fully as you go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God;+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #494 on: January 14, 2018, 08:15:47 AM »

Sunday, January 14

We have a struggle . . . against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.—Eph. 6:12.

It is vital that we resist being affected by the world’s “strongly entrenched things.” These include its doctrines, philosophies, and harmful practices, such as committing immorality, using tobacco, and abusing alcohol and drugs. And we must constantly fight against our fleshly weaknesses and discouragement. (2 Cor. 10:3-6; Col. 3:5-9) Is it really possible to defeat such powerful opponents? Yes, but not without a struggle. Drawing on the example of a boxer of ancient times, Paul said of himself: “The way I am aiming my blows is so as not to be striking the air.” (1 Cor. 9:26) Just as a boxer fights off his opponent, we must fend off our enemies. Jehovah trains us and helps us in our fight. He provides lifesaving instructions in his Word. He also helps us through our Bible-based publications, Christian meetings, assemblies, and conventions. Are you putting into practice what you are learning?

New World Translation (Study Edition) Ephesians 6:12

because we have a struggle,*+ not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces+ in the heavenly places.

New World Translation (Study Edition) 2 Corinthians 10:3-6

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not wage warfare according to what we are in the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly,+ but powerful by God+ for overturning strongly entrenched things. 5 For we are overturning reasonings and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God,+ and we are bringing every thought into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ; 6 and we are prepared to inflict punishment for every disobedience,+ as soon as your own obedience is complete.

New World Translation (Study Edition) Colossians 3:5-9

Deaden, therefore, your body members+ that are on the earth as respects sexual immorality,* uncleanness, uncontrolled sexual passion,+ hurtful desire, and greediness, which is idolatry. 6 On account of those things the wrath of God is coming. 7 That is how you too used to conduct yourselves* in your former way of life.*+ 8 But now you must put them all away from you: wrath, anger, badness,+ abusive speech,+ and obscene talk+ out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another.+ Strip off the old personality*+ with its practices,

New World Translation (Study Edition) 1 Corinthians 9:26

Therefore, the way I am running is not aimlessly;+ the way I am aiming my blows is so as not to be striking the air;

* Recent Topics

topic 20,000 views
[General Chit Chat]
beast
April 04, 2018, 08:03:07 AM
topic Changes
[Site News And Announcements]
beast
January 14, 2018, 12:00:05 PM
anything