collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Spiders: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Baidu (2)

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

* Merry Christmas

merry_Christmas_sww

Author Topic: KAF Cinnamon Bread  (Read 408 times)

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
KAF Cinnamon Bread
« on: October 28, 2016, 08:20:41 AM »
It turned out great! The texture and crumb was spot on! We (the family and I) did think it could use a bit more cinnamon flavor. But I think that is more of a personal taste than a flaw in the recipe. As you can see from the images the spiral has no gaps at all! You can add nuts, raisins, etc. as well as other flavors. And as other bakers have suggested, you can make toast, French Toast, etc. with it for even more fun!

You can freeze it after you bake it or after it rises then continue with the baking...your choice. ;)

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/cinnamon-bread-recipe

When it finished baking it had a very nice domed shape to it but after it cooled it sank a bit. They say this is because I let it rise too long...which I did.

Nice tight spiral...like a pro football quarterback! LMAO

Elkouri

Re: KAF Cinnamon Bread
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 12:33:23 PM »
wow,  that looks delicious  use t0 DO  The yeast  thingy but more into biscuits . cornbread   date nut bread.
just  simple things  that does not  take a lot of time.

do you cook a lot?  im into  things  as in  salmon patties,  tuna sandwiches.  etc
home made chili beans,  lentils   etc,
will make  a cake occassionally.     

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 01:26:31 AM »
I've been cooking since I was 12 to help my mother take care of my younger siblings. I'll cook almost anything. The more complicated it appears to make will usually interest me more. LOL I guess I like the challenge. I just wish I had more time to devote to it.

I just really started getting into making yeast breads. I used to screw them up so I stopped doing it altogether. Now I think I've learned the correct techniques and use the right ingredients which help me obtain very consistent results. SAF Instant Red yeast is amazing! Use it along with King Arthur flour and you will not be disappointed! The best thing about instant yeast is you do not have to wait and let it proof. You just add it into your dry ingredients and keep going. Shaves 10+ minutes off your time. Keep in mind that this is "fresh" yeast and is highly perishable! Keep it in the freezer and it can last you 2-5 years!

As far as yeast breads taking a lot of time, most of it is in the rising times. To get around this, you can do a cold rise where you put it in the fridge over night then continue with the baking process. Actually, this long, slow rise will give it better texture and taste. There's a new wave of breads going around such as "no knead breads", etc. Do a search for it and you'll see how easy this is. This is due to allowing the bread dough to refrigerate for a day or days which help it to develop a better taste. The upside to this is you can keep adding more dough to it and keep using it over and over something like to a sourdough starter...the longer it sits the better it gets.

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 01:32:22 AM »
Ohhh... as far as the "tight spirals" goes (LOL) this is due to using egg on the dough instead of butter as most use. Egg acts as a cohesive as well as a rising agent. This helps to keep the rolls from separating. don't worry, you can still add lots of butter for taste in the dough as well as after it has finished baking. But when something looks good more people will likely want to taste it. We eat with our eyes first! ;)

Elkouri

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 01:22:17 PM »
TELL ME  Skhilled:

IS THERE  anything  you cannot do????????? :lookout

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 06:38:39 AM »
Sure, many things. LOL And a lot of things I don't even bother trying. LOL

Elkouri

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 03:52:19 PM »
Sure, many things. LOL And a lot of things I don't even bother trying. LOL

i'm into   the  "simpler the better"
i do enjoy a  home made cake   or  deep dish cobbler  at times.
and like  you  there are so many things  i do not bother trying either.
we have a braum's  here in Oklahoma  and i love thier frozen yogurt.
low fat too!

Offline Skhilled

• Administrator
  • Retro Gamer!
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 05:37:54 PM »
I love cobblers too...

Elkouri

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 07:05:27 PM »
GREAt  MINDS THINK  ALIKE .....Skhilled!
 im the best cobbLER  maker  in alll this world.
STRAWBERRy  RHUBARB,
hugs

* Recent Topics

No posts were found.