collapse

* Welcome Guest's

welcome
"As a Guest, you are limited to what you can view."
Instead of just visiting and browsing the site why not sign up as a member?, it's absolutely free and you will never get spam or junk e-mail as we never sell or give out your details! Take a moment to join the forum and become a member of the community and enjoy all the benefits that come with it! Click the title "Welcome guests" Click the "Register" on the forum menu bar to register!

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 3
  • Dot Spiders: 2
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0
  • Dot Users Online:
  • user Yahoo!
  • user Baidu

* Theme Select

Forum Default

Permanently

* Merry Christmas

merry_Christmas_sww

Author Topic: Daily Scriptures  (Read 12111 times)

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
Re: Daily Scriptures
« Reply #450 on: November 18, 2017, 07:36:16 AM »

Saturday, November 18

Physical training is beneficial for a little.—1 Tim. 4:8.

Many have concluded that a measure of regular exercise promotes good health and refreshes the body and mind. If we want to enjoy exercise in a group, should we share in it with just anyone? Proverbs 13:20 tells us: “The one walking with the wise will become wise, but the one who has dealings with the stupid will fare badly.” Does this not suggest that we should be selective in our choice of recreation, guided by our Bible-trained conscience? There is also the question of when to engage in recreation. Do you plan recreation around theocratic activities, such as meetings, field ministry, and personal study? Or do you find yourself trying to fit theocratic activities between periods of leisure? What are your priorities? Jesus said: “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.” (Matt. 6:33) Does your conscience prompt you to set priorities that line up with Jesus’ advice?

New World Translation 1 Timothy 4:8

8 For physical training* is beneficial for a little, but godly devotion is beneficial for all things, as it holds promise of the life now and the life that is to come.+

New World Translation Proverbs 13:20

20 The one walking with the wise will become wise,+

But the one who has dealings with the stupid will fare badly.+

New World Translation Matthew 6:33

33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you.+

thanks Guest for reading my post

Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #451 on: November 19, 2017, 06:40:08 AM »

Sunday, November 19

Why are you so angry and dejected? If you turn to doing good, will you not be restored to favor? . . . Will you get the mastery over [sin]?—Gen. 4:6, 7.

That was timely counsel coupled with positive direction. Jehovah thus warned Cain when it was apparent that Cain was on a very dangerous course. Sadly, Cain did not heed that warning, and he suffered for it. (Gen. 4:11-13) When Jeremiah’s secretary, Baruch, felt weary and despondent, Jehovah gave him counsel to help him see the reality of his problem. Unlike Cain, Baruch accepted Jehovah’s counsel, and this preserved his life. (Jer. 45:2-5) “Those whom Jehovah loves he disciplines, in fact, he scourges everyone whom he receives as a son,” wrote Paul. (Heb. 12:6) Discipline, however, is not limited to punishment. It takes various forms. There are many examples in the Bible of faithful servants undergoing extreme trials that may have involved discipline and that trained them.

New World Translation Genesis 4:6, 7

6 Then Jehovah said to Cain: “Why are you so angry and dejected? 7 If you turn to doing good, will you not be restored to favor?* But if you do not turn to doing good, sin is crouching at the door, and its craving is to dominate you; but will you get the mastery over it?”

New World Translation Genesis 4:11-13

11 And now you are cursed in banishment from the ground that has opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand.+ 12 When you cultivate the ground, it will not give you back its produce.* You will become a wanderer and a fugitive in the earth.” 13 At this Cain said to Jehovah: “The punishment for my error is too great to bear.

New World Translation Jeremiah 45:2-5

2 “This is what Jehovah the God of Israel says concerning you, Bar'uch, 3 ‘You have said: “Woe to me, for Jehovah has added grief to my pain! I am weary from my groaning, and I have found no resting-place.”’

4 “You should say to him, ‘This is what Jehovah says: “Look! What I have built up I am tearing down, and what I have planted I am uprooting—the entire land.+ 5 But you are seeking* great things for yourself. Stop seeking such things.”’

“‘For I am about to bring a calamity on all flesh,’*+ declares Jehovah, ‘and wherever you may go, I will grant you your life* as a spoil.’”*+

New World Translation Hebrews 12:6

6 for those whom Jehovah* loves he disciplines, in fact, he scourges* everyone whom he receives as a son.”+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2017, 06:31:01 AM »

Tuesday, November 28

The love the Christ has compels us.—2 Cor. 5:14.

Paul realized that we could not accept the extraordinary love of Christ without being compelled, or moved, to live for him. When our minds fully comprehend what Jehovah has done for us and our hearts are moved by his love, we desire to live our lives whole-souled for Christ Jesus. How do we show that desire? Those who love Jehovah are compelled to imitate Christ’s example, following his steps closely. (1 Pet. 2:21; 1 John 2:6) Through our obedience, we prove our love for God and Christ. Jesus said: “Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. In turn, whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him.” (John 14:21; 1 John 5:3) So ask yourself: ‘In what areas am I doing well in following in the steps of Christ Jesus? In what areas could I improve?’ This self-examination is vital, as we are constantly being pressured to follow the ways of this world.—Rom. 12:2.

New World Translation 2 Corinthians 5:14

14 For the love the Christ has compels us, because this is what we have concluded, that one man died for all;+ so, then, all had died.

New World Translation 1 Peter 2:21

21 In fact, to this course you were called, because even Christ suffered for you,+ leaving a model for you to follow his steps closely.+

New World Translation 1 John 2:6

6 The one who says he remains in union with him is himself under obligation to go on walking just as that one walked.+

New World Translation John 14:21

21 Whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me. In turn, whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will clearly show myself to him.”

New World Translation 1 John 5:3

3 For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments;+ and yet his commandments are not burdensome,+

New World Translation Romans 12:2

2 And stop being molded by this system of things,* but be transformed by making your mind over,+ so that you may prove to yourselves+ the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #453 on: November 29, 2017, 05:40:44 AM »

Wednesday, November 29

We will be like him, because we will see him just as he is.—1 John 3:2.

Do you feel that you have more than average zeal in the ministry? Are you a keen student of God’s Word who loves to delve into “the deep things of God”? (1 Cor. 2:10) Have you seen Jehovah’s special blessing on your ministry? Do you have a burning desire to do Jehovah’s will? Do you have a deep inner feeling of responsibility to help others spiritually? Have you seen proof that Jehovah has personally intervened in your life? If you answer these questions with a resounding yes, does this mean that you now have the heavenly calling? No, it does not. Why not? Because these are not unique feelings experienced only by those who have the heavenly calling. Jehovah’s spirit works with equal force in those who have the hope of living forever on earth. In fact, if you are wondering whether you have received the heavenly calling, that would in itself indicate that you have not received it

New World Translation 1 John 3:2

2 Beloved ones, we are now children of God,+ but it has not yet been made manifest what we will be.+ We do know that when he is made manifest we will be like him, because we will see him just as he is.

New World Translation 1 Corinthians 2:10

10 For it is to us God has revealed them+ through his spirit,+ for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #454 on: November 30, 2017, 07:08:30 AM »

Thursday, November 30

I rejoiced before him all the time.—Prov. 8:30.

Jesus joyfully worked alongside his Father, rejoicing both in what he accomplished and in the knowledge that Jehovah was fond of him. What, though, about us? Jesus said that there is happiness both in giving and in receiving. (Acts 20:35) It brought us joy to receive the truth, and it brings us joy to share the truth with others. As we share Bible truths with others, we see spiritually hungry ones filled with delight as they begin to understand and appreciate our God and the precious truths contained in his Word. It touches our heart to see them make changes not just in their thinking but also in their way of life. We realize that the work of sharing the good news is vitally important. It opens the way to everlasting life for those who become reconciled to God. (2 Cor. 5:20) What more joyful, satisfying work could we engage in than that of helping people chart a course that will result in their living forever?

New World Translation Proverbs 8:30

30 Then I was beside him as a master worker.+

I was the one he was especially fond of+ day by day;

I rejoiced before him all the time;+

New World Translation Acts 20:35

35 I have shown you in all things that by working hard in this way,+ you must assist those who are weak and must keep in mind the words of the Lord Jesus, when he himself said: ‘There is more happiness in giving+ than there is in receiving.’”

New World Translation 2 Corinthians 5:20

20 Therefore, we are ambassadors+ substituting for Christ,+ as though God were making an appeal through us. As substitutes for Christ, we beg: “Become reconciled to God.”

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #455 on: December 01, 2017, 06:16:03 AM »

Friday, December 1

Close friendship with Jehovah belongs to those who fear him.—Ps. 25:14.

Three times the Bible identifies Abraham as God’s friend. (2 Chron. 20:7; Isa. 41:8; Jas. 2:23) In fact, that faithful man is the only person specifically referred to that way in the Bible. Should we assume, then, that Abraham was the only human ever to become Jehovah’s friend? No, for the Bible shows that friendship with God is something that each of us can attain. God’s Word teems with accounts of faithful men and women who feared Jehovah, put faith in him, and became his close friends. The apostle Paul wrote of “a great cloud of witnesses,” all of whom surely were God’s friends. (Heb. 12:1) Among them we find a delightful variety of people. They have enjoyed the wonderful privilege of being friends of God. May we continue to imitate such examples of faith. (Heb. 6:11, 12) As we do so, we may be assured of a great reward—being Jehovah’s close friends forever!

New World Translation Psalm 25:14

14 Close friendship with Jehovah belongs to those who fear him,+

And he makes his covenant known to them.+

New World Translation 2 Chronicles 20:7

7 O our God, did you not drive away the inhabitants of this land from before your people Israel and then give it as a lasting possession to the offspring* of your friend Abraham?+

New World Translation Isaiah 41:8

8 “But you, O Israel, are my servant,+

You, O Jacob, whom I have chosen,+

The offspring* of Abraham my friend,+

New World Translation James 2:23

23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah,* and it was counted to him as righteousness,”+ and he came to be called Jehovah’s* friend.+

New World Translation Hebrews 12:1

12 So, then, because we have such a great cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also throw off every weight and the sin that easily entangles us,+ and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,+

New World Translation Hebrews 6:11, 12

11 But we desire each one of you to show the same industriousness so as to have the full assurance of the hope+ down to the end,+ 12 so that you may not become sluggish,+ but be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #456 on: December 02, 2017, 05:49:55 AM »

Saturday, December 2

I have come . . . to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.—John 6:38.

Imagine that a friend gives you a car as a gift. He hands you the title and says: “I will keep the keys. And I will be the one who drives the car, not you.” How would you feel? Now think about what Jehovah rightfully expects of a person who makes a dedication to him, a person who tells him: “I am giving you my life. I belong to you.” What if that person were to start living a double life, perhaps secretly dating an unbeliever? What if he were to accept employment that crippled his whole-souled service in the ministry or attendance at Christian meetings? Would that not be like keeping the keys to the car? A person who dedicates himself to Jehovah is, in effect, saying: “My life belongs to you more than to me. If there is ever a conflict between what you want and what I am inclined to want, what you want will win—every time.” That would reflect the thinking of Jesus, as stated in today’s text.

New World Translation John 6:38

38 for I have come down from heaven+ to do, not my own will, but the will of him who sent me.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2017, 04:52:41 AM »

Sunday, December 3

I will not leave you.—2 Ki. 2:2.

Nearly 3,000 years ago, the prophet Elijah invited young Elisha to become his attendant. Elisha promptly accepted the invitation and faithfully served the older man by caring for humble tasks. (2 Ki. 3:11) Then, after some six years of training, Elisha learned that Elijah’s work in Israel was about to come to an end. At that point, Elijah urged his well-trained companion to stop following him, but Elisha was determined to stay with his mentor as long as possible. If you are a young brother, how can you imitate Elisha today? Promptly accept assignments, including humble tasks. View your teacher as a friend, and let him know how much you appreciate the effort he makes in your behalf. Above all, be faithful in carrying out any assignment you are given. Why is this so important? Because only after you demonstrate that you are faithful and reliable will the elders feel assured that Jehovah wants you to be entrusted with added responsibilities in the congregation.—Ps. 101:6; 2 Tim. 2:2.

New World Translation 2 Kings 2:2

2 E·li'jah said to E·li'sha: “Stay here, please, because Jehovah has sent me on to Beth'el.” But E·li'sha said: “As surely as Jehovah is living and as you are* living, I will not leave you.” So they went down to Beth'el.+

New World Translation 2 Kings 3:11

11 At that Je·hosh'a·phat said: “Is there no prophet of Jehovah here through whom we may inquire of Jehovah?”+ So one of the servants of the king of Israel answered: “There is E·li'sha+ the son of Sha'phat, who used to pour out water on the hands of E·li'jah.”*+

New World Translation Psalm 101:6

6 I will look to the faithful ones of the earth,

So that they may dwell with me.

The one walking in blamelessness* will minister to me.

New World Translation 2 Timothy 2:2

2 and the things you heard from me that were supported by many witnesses,+ these things entrust to faithful men, who, in turn, will be adequately qualified to teach others.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2017, 07:04:59 AM »

Monday, December 4

He does not go back on his promise, even when it is bad for him.—Ps. 15:4.

Saul urged Jonathan to pursue his own interests. (1 Sam. 20:31) But loyalty to God moved Jonathan to befriend David rather than seek the advantages of the kingship for himself. Jonathan did not “go back on his promise” to David; neither should we go back on our promises. For example, if a business agreement becomes harder to honor than expected, our loyalty to God and regard for the Bible should move us to keep our word. And what if our marriage proves to be more challenging than anticipated? Love for God will surely move us to be loyal to our mate. (Mal. 2:13-16) Also, let us prove our loyalty to Jehovah by being loyal to his people, even those who may disappoint us. When we are loyal to Jehovah God in the face of challenging situations, we make his heart rejoice. (Prov. 27:11) If we remain loyal to Jehovah, we will see how he eventually works everything out for the good of those who love him.

New World Translation Psalm 15:4

4 He rejects anyone who is contemptible,+

But he honors those fearing Jehovah.

He does not go back on his promise,* even when it is bad for him.+

New World Translation 1 Samuel 20:31

31 As long as the son of Jes'se is alive on the earth, you and your kingship will not be firmly established.+ So now send someone to bring him to me, for he must die.”*+

New World Translation Malachi 2:13-16

13 “And there is another* thing that you do, which results in covering the altar of Jehovah with tears and with weeping and sighing, so that he no longer pays attention to your gift offering or looks favorably on anything from your hand.+ 14 And you say, ‘For what reason?’ It is because Jehovah has acted as a witness between you and the wife of your youth, with whom you have dealt treacherously, although she is your partner and your wife by covenant.*+ 15 But there was one who did not do it, for he had what remained of the spirit. And what was that one seeking? The offspring* of God. So guard yourselves respecting your spirit, and do not deal treacherously with the wife of your youth. 16 For I hate* divorce,”+ says Jehovah the God of Israel, “and the one who covers his garment with violence,”* says Jehovah of armies. “And guard yourselves respecting your spirit, and you must not deal treacherously.+

New World Translation Proverbs 27:11

11 Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice,+

So that I can make a reply to him who taunts me.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #459 on: December 05, 2017, 07:30:51 AM »

Tuesday, December 5

Happy are all those keeping in expectation of him.—Isa. 30:18.

Jehovah is fully aware of our limitations. (Ps. 103:14) Therefore, he does not expect us to endure trials in our own strength but offers us his fatherly help. Of course, at times, we might feel that we cannot go on anymore. But Jehovah assures us that he will never allow his servants to suffer beyond their limit of endurance. Yes, he will “make the way out.” (1 Cor. 10:13) Therefore, we have good reason to trust that Jehovah’s assessment of what we can bear is right. When relief does not immediately follow our prayers for help, let us wait on the One who knows just when to act in our behalf. Remember that he too is exercising patience, for he is ever eager to come to our rescue. “Jehovah is waiting patiently to show you favor, and he will rise up to show you mercy. For Jehovah is a God of justice.”

New World Translation Isaiah 30:18

18 But Jehovah is waiting patiently* to show you favor,+

And he will rise up to show you mercy.+

For Jehovah is a God of justice.+

Happy are all those keeping in expectation of* him.+

New World Translation Psalm 103:14

14 For he well knows how we are formed,+

Remembering that we are dust.+

New World Translation 1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation has come upon you except what is common to men.+ But God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear,+ but along with the temptation he will also make the way out so that you may be able to endure it.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #460 on: December 06, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »

Wednesday, December 6

This is how the holy women of the past who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, subjecting themselves to their husbands.—1 Pet. 3:5.

During Family Worship sessions, we focus on spiritual matters, and this contributes to the unity of the family. Practicing for the field ministry can equip the family to be better prepared to preach effectively. And it is not hard to see that when members of a family share comments about God’s Word, they are drawn closer together—all love the same God and all are interested in doing his will. What can married couples do to cooperate to Jehovah’s praise? When both mates are faithful servants of Jehovah, they can rejoice in the unity that this affords them. Abraham and Sarah, Isaac and Rebekah, Elkanah and Hannah—all expressed their love for their mate. We should make it a point to do the same. (Gen. 26:8; 1 Sam. 1:5, 8) That will unite us with our mate and draw us closer to our heavenly Father.—Eccl. 4:12.

New World Translation 1 Peter 3:5

5 For this is how the holy women of the past who hoped in God used to adorn themselves, subjecting themselves to their husbands,

New World Translation Genesis 26:8

8 After some time had passed, A·bim'e·lech king of the Phi·lis'tines was looking out of the window, and he saw Isaac displaying affection for* Re·bek'ah his wife.+

New World Translation 1 Samuel 1:8

8 But her husband El·ka'nah said to her: “Han'nah, why do you weep, and why do you not eat, and why are you so sad?* Am I not better to you than ten sons?”

New World Translation Ecclesiastes 4:12

12 And someone may overpower one alone, but two together can take a stand against him. And a threefold cord cannot quickly* be torn apart.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #461 on: December 07, 2017, 05:34:58 AM »

Thursday, December 7

Take your stand against [Satan], firm in the faith.—1 Pet. 5:9.

Satan is at war with the anointed remnant and the “other sheep.” (John 10:16) The Devil’s goal is to devour as many of Jehovah’s servants as he can in the short time that he has left. (Rev. 12:9, 12) Can we win our fight against Satan? Yes! The Bible says: “Oppose the Devil, and he will flee from you.” (Jas. 4:7) Many scoff at the idea that Satan even exists. To them, Satan and the demons are fictional characters of novels, horror movies, and video games. Such people feel that no intelligent person believes in wicked spirits. Now, do you think that it bothers Satan that he and his invisible cohorts have been relegated to the world of folklore? That is not likely! After all, it is easy for Satan to blind the minds of those who doubt that he exists. (2 Cor. 4:4) Promoting the idea that spirits do not exist is one of the many ways that Satan uses to mislead people.

New World Translation 1 Peter 5:9

9 But take your stand against him,+ firm in the faith, knowing that the same kind of sufferings are being experienced by the entire association of your brothers* in the world.+

New World Translation John 10:16

16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold;+ those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.+

New World Translation Revelation 12:9

9 So down the great dragon+ was hurled, the original serpent,+ the one called Devil+ and Satan,+ who is misleading the entire inhabited earth;+ he was hurled down to the earth,+ and his angels were hurled down with him.

New World Translation James 4:7

7 Therefore, subject yourselves to God;+ but oppose the Devil,+ and he will flee from you.+

New World Translation 2 Corinthians 4:4

4 among whom the god of this system of things*+ has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,+ so that the illumination* of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God,+ might not shine through.+

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #462 on: December 08, 2017, 07:32:13 AM »

Friday, December 8

[Moses] considered the reproach of the Christ to be riches greater than the treasures of Egypt, for he looked intently toward the payment of the reward.—Heb. 11:26.

From his natural parents, Moses evidently learned about Jehovah and His purpose to free the Hebrews from slavery and give them the Promised Land. (Gen. 13:14, 15; Ex. 2:5-10) As Moses thought deeply about what Jehovah had promised to do for the Israelites, his faith and his love for God grew. Like other God-fearing humans, he could likely conceive of the time when Jehovah would set mankind free from death. (Job 14:14, 15; Heb. 11:17-19) It is no wonder that Moses was moved to love the God who felt compassion for the Hebrews and for all mankind. Faith and love motivated Moses throughout his life. (Deut. 6:4, 5) Even when Pharaoh threatened Moses with death, his faith, love for God, and likely a mental picture of a bright future strengthened him to face the threat courageously.—Ex. 10:28, 29.

New World Translation Hebrews 11:26

26 because he considered the reproach of the Christ to be riches greater than the treasures of Egypt, for he looked intently toward the payment of the reward.

New World Translation Genesis 13:14, 15

14 Jehovah said to A'bram, after Lot had separated from him: “Raise your eyes, please, and look from the place where you are, to the north and south, east and west, 15 because all the land that you see, I will give to you and your offspring* as a lasting possession.+

New World Translation Exodus 2:5-10

5 When Phar'aoh’s daughter came down to bathe in the Nile, her female attendants were walking by the side of the Nile. And she caught sight of the basket in the middle of the reeds. She immediately sent her slave girl to get it.+ 6 When she opened it, she saw the child, and the boy was crying. She felt compassion for him, but she said: “This is one of the children of the Hebrews.” 7 Then his sister said to Phar'aoh’s daughter: “Shall I go and call a nursing woman from the Hebrews to nurse the child for you?” 8 Phar'aoh’s daughter said to her: “Go!” At once the girl went and called the child’s mother.+ 9 Phar'aoh’s daughter then said to her: “Take this child with you and nurse him for me, and I will pay you.” So the woman took the child and nursed him. 10 When the child grew older, she brought him to Phar'aoh’s daughter, and he became a son to her.+ She named him Moses* and said: “It is because I have drawn him out of the water.”+

New World Translation Job 14:14, 15

14 If a man dies, can he live again?+

I will wait all the days of my compulsory service

Until my relief comes.+

15 You will call, and I will answer you.+

You will long* for the work of your hands.

New World Translation Hebrews 11:17-19

17 By faith Abraham, when he was tested,+ as good as offered up Isaac—the man who had gladly received the promises attempted to offer up his only-begotten son+— 18 although it had been said to him: “What will be called your offspring* will be through Isaac.”+ 19 But he reasoned that God was able to raise him up even from the dead, and he did receive him from there in an illustrative way.+

New World Translation Deuteronomy 6:4, 5

4 “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.+ 5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul*+ and all your strength.*+

New World Translation Exodus 10:28, 29

28 Phar'aoh said to him: “Get out of my sight! Make sure that you do not try to see my face again, for on the day you see my face, you will die.” 29 To this Moses said: “Just as you have spoken, I will not try to see your face again.”

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #463 on: December 09, 2017, 06:56:10 AM »

Saturday, December 9

They have no wine.—John 2:3.

At a marriage feast in Cana of Galilee, Jesus performed his first miracle. The number of guests may have been greater than expected. But whatever the case, the wine ran out. Among the guests was Mary, Jesus’ mother. For years, she had no doubt pondered all the prophetic promises associated with her son, who she knew would be called “Son of the Most High.” (Luke 1:30-32; 2:52) Did she believe that in him there were powers not yet revealed? What is evident is that at Cana, Mary and Jesus felt compassion for the newly married couple and wanted to save them embarrassment. Jesus knew that hospitality was a duty. So he miraculously turned some 100 gallons (380 L) of water into “fine wine.” (John 2:6-11) Was Jesus obligated to perform this miracle? No. He simply cared about people and was imitating his heavenly Father by being generous.

New World Translation John 2:3

3 When the wine ran short, the mother of Jesus said to him: “They have no wine.”

New World Translation Luke 1:30-32

30 So the angel said to her: “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And look! you will become pregnant* and give birth to a son,+ and you are to name him Jesus.+ 32 This one will be great+ and will be called Son of the Most High,+ and Jehovah* God will give him the throne of David his father,+

New World Translation Luke 2:52

52 And Jesus went on progressing in wisdom and in physical growth and in favor with God and men.

New World Translation John 2:6-11

6 Now there were six stone water jars sitting there as required by the purification rules of the Jews,+ each able to hold two or three liquid measures.* 7 Jesus said to them: “Fill the jars with water.” So they filled them to the brim. 8 Then he said to them: “Now draw some out and take it to the director of the feast.” So they took it. 9 When the director of the feast tasted the water that had now been turned into wine, not knowing where it came from (although the servants who had drawn out the water knew), the director of the feast called the bridegroom 10 and said to him: “Everyone else puts out the fine wine first, and when people are intoxicated, the inferior. You have saved the fine wine until now.” 11 Jesus did this in Ca'na of Gal'i·lee as the beginning of his signs, and he made his glory manifest,+ and his disciples put their faith in him.

Offline beast

• Administrator
  • 4,000 Post
  • So What!
    • stumpburner
« Reply #464 on: Yesterday at 05:15:47 AM »

Sunday, December 10

Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?—Acts 1:6.

Before Jesus ascended to heaven, his apostles asked the above. Jesus’ answer showed that it was not the time for them to know when God’s Kingdom would start ruling. He told his disciples to focus on the important witnessing work that they needed to do. (Acts 1:7, 8) Nevertheless, Jesus taught his followers to look forward to the coming of God’s Kingdom. So Christians since the days of the apostles have been praying for it to come. When the time approached for God’s Kingdom in the hands of Jesus to start ruling from heaven, Jehovah helped his people to understand the timing of events. In 1876, an article written by Charles Taze Russell was published in the magazine Bible Examiner. That article, “Gentile Times: When Do They End?,” pointed to 1914 as a significant year. The article linked the “seven times” of Daniel’s prophecy with “the appointed times of the nations” spoken of by Jesus.—Dan. 4:16; Luke 21:24.

New World Translation Acts 1:6

6 So when they had assembled, they asked him: “Lord, are you restoring the kingdom to Israel at this time?”+

New World Translation Acts 1:7, 8

7 He said to them: “It does not belong to you to know the times or seasons that the Father has placed in his own jurisdiction.*+ 8 But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you,+ and you will be witnesses+ of me in Jerusalem,+ in all Ju·de'a and Sa·mar'i·a,+ and to the most distant part* of the earth.”+

New World Translation Daniel 4:16

16 Let its heart be changed from that of a human, and let it be given the heart of a beast, and let seven times+ pass over it.+

New World Translation Luke 21:24

24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations;+ and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations* until the appointed times of the nations* are fulfilled.+

* Recent Topics

No posts were found.
anything